Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    Thanks
    Yay, comments, finally XD

Rhen: I really like the sketch, very good linework!
    MJ_Alcazar: Nice concept! Try to use a smaller hard brush to define some highlights like in the background pattern.
    gunnarsson: awesome work again... your style rocks!
    MisterE: I like the pose and concept a lot... right now it looks very golden, maybe try to include another colour to make it pop?
    ferd_x: I like the design of her costume. Her feet are a little small though, and maybe add another colour to the skin which looks pretty pinkish right now.
    shogo: I like tzhe pose and the idea with the fan(?)... hope you can finish!
    Bell: looks nice so far
    Rambozo: Try not to focus on every detail so much but rather on the focus areas, that saves a lot of time
    Nina_alexander: Nice design, especially her hair! I also like your stlye a lot.
    navate: I love her face! Hope you can finish!
    Angelsway257: I like her pose a lot!
    Irrläufer: Nice design so far. Maybe you can include some hints of a background, so she looks a little more grounded?
    Tatiana: She's got a lovely face! maybe you can dtill finish it in time...
    reversenorm: Your anatomy looks good, i'd say
    grandmassa: cool pose, and I like her expression
    a.k.a.Brady: maybe you can zoom in a little? She looks a little lost in the background right now...
    daestwen: I really like the design of his wings! I think there's something about his knee that doesn't quite work now... anyways, I still like it
    nebezial: I love the unfinished look, as it still looks refined somehow oO Great face as well!
    The_Whistler: Looks pretty nice, maybe you can finish this later

And I feel like rushing through this... o____o I really want to finish!

“Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ... oO Where's my post gone?

Ah... there it is... sorry for the double post...
    “Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 427 Posts
    The Whistler - Very nice sketch, but watch out for the hands and feet (maybe the head too) being too tiny. Maybe the thighs also look a little too large.

Nebezial - This piece has so much life, it looks GREAT, especially the last wip you posted, but somewhere between that and the textured final you posted in the other thread, it got flat and the photo textures stick out alot with all the unfinished areas, which is a real shame. Watch out for using flat texture on 3D forms where the pattern should naturally bend, and see if you can't pop her out of the background more.

Daestwen - I like the design, it is coming along well. Watch out for the leg bent upwards, the lower half is too short compared to the length of his thigh.

Grandmassa Mr. Spect - I like how painterly and expressive your piece and your character are, but I wish there was something to focus on - Some harder edges and more detailed/defined areas and some harder edges would help balance out all that softness everywhere. Maybe a couple subtle shapes in the background, too, to give the impression of her environment rather than her floating in smoke.

a.k.a. Brady - I like the classical nature of the figure, and it is coming along pretty nicely. I think it is moving away from being a character piece, tho, because of how small in the composition your figure is, and her being so far from the viewer makes the rest of the composition feel pretty empty. I might try moving some things around and thinking about a center of focus.

reversenorm - I like that you tried to make her bend forward, but while the head and the legs are facing the viewer like they should be, too much of her torso is, too. Her breasts should be hanging over her tummy more, and her tummy hanging over the waist of her pants more. Also, the legs are way long compared to the rest of her and look a little mushy - get some reference for how light is going to fall actoss the muscles of her legs, the knee bones, etc.
    Attachment 836635

tatiana - I really like the figure and the fountain, though the groundplane seems to tilt too much toward the viewer for how straight on she is and for the angle of the fountain. I would move the horizon line of the wall down a bit. Also, maybe some drapes or other props could help fill in a little of the empty space around them.

Irrlaeufer - I dig the pose, but there are some rendering and anatomy issues that need some love. Someone else suggested picking a light source, and I agree, it needs a more defined source rather than each limb and shape and fabric fold having the exact same shadows and highlights as all the others - this makes them look flat and unnatural. Some things will be further from the light and not get the same highlights. The top of her head/forhead looks a little too large, and while the head and the chest seem to match size-wise, the rest of her looks a little small in comparison.

Angelsway257 - I really like the pose, but something about that front leg looks awkward (maybe how it is bent, or how large the foot is). Also, you might want to think about bringing the steampunk back more, this looks more harem dancer than steampunk harem dancer.

navate - it's coming along very nicely. I'm noticing that when I look at this piece, my eye goes flying to the pillar instead of the figure which could be a couple reasons - it is the most rendered, which you said you were working on, but also the line of the raining, the lines of the floor, the tree next to it all lead my eye there. It is roughly the same size and value as the figure, too, which makes it compete more than it should. Maybe a drape or a hanging lantern in that upper right corner will close the composition back in and bring my eye back to the figure.

gunnarson - I love this piece, and I love the soft pencils you used, even if they did cause a headache. It's probably just me, but it is a little itty bitty bit distracting where the tubes reappear behind her bum - it looks more like they are coming out of her than from behind her. (or maybe you intended that?)

Nina Alexander - nice, fast work there. I'm bothered a little by some anatomy issues, like how large her head and breasts are compared to the very skinny arms and legs. Also, she is so evenly facing the viewer that the perspective on the floor is too extreme, it wouldn't slope down at the viewer so much. Your sheer drapes could use folds so they look more like fabric than circles.

rambozo - I like the robot guard figure, though he could used to look more mechanical than futuristic to keep with the steampunk theme. Also, I don't think the heavy black box is adding much to this composition, and watch all those heavy black shadows, they are making the color a little muddy.
    Last edited by JessiBean; November 23rd, 2009 at 01:06 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JessiBean For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i know what you mean, unfortunately my free drawing time is really limited and i really like these kind of contests so usually i resort to letting brushwork do the job on those kind of things

btw that is a wonderfuly elegant piece youre doing there the pose is really fluid

Thanks
    Alright, still perfecting the anatomy (legs especially at this point) but I think I better get the background in.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,213 Posts
    @reversenorm - I didn't notice it before but I think one of her upper arms looks longer than the other. If she's on her own layer you could do a quick cut 'n' move of the longer one and it wouldn't take too much work to blend it in. I wish I'd noticed earlier!
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    LAST WARNING

Please check your post in the final burning to make sure it follows all the rules!

These especially need to be followed :

1. That the image is attached using the attachment editor.

2. That you have provided or linked to wips.

3. That you have named your image correctly. (ie chow180_daestwen )

You have 1.5 hours left!

Thanks
    bah, once again i started and couldn't finish. i got a sketch and had a great idea, but couldn't follow through due to... well... to life. had to drive down to san diego for the weekend, my girlfriends parents were visiting so we had to go spend time with them.
    ah well, i'll post my crappy sketch i suppose... i really need to practice drawing with the wacom, it takes me way too long to clean up my sketch afterwards. anyway, here's my sketch and a quick color mockup, wish i had time to finish it:

Thanks
    Thats a great pose DirtySyndicate! Shame you wont have time to finish!
    Kitty's Drawings - My blog!

I have a Sketchbook now ---> SKETCHY!!

Thanks
    Couldn't finish it on time, oh well maybe next time...

Thanks for the comment Avis, I am taking your advice on that.

Amazing work here everyone!

Attachment 836857

Thanks
    Almost got it done.....Thanks for the comments.

Thanks
    AvisNocturna - thanks, I'll try but I got a bit frustrated with it as it is

JessiBean - thank you, yeah I noticed the ginormous thighs too :s . I have a lot of problems with drawing legs... Didn't even notice the head being too small though, hm, thanks
    Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

Thanks
    yeah, i dont think mine would even make it to poll anyway. i skipped "harem" and went straight for "steampunk bondage"
    ha
    great round though guys, some cool shit here.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25