Follows
    Following

Red face Into The Fog~illustrated story WIP

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool stuff!

It's hard to offer feedback because I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this. I suppose my immediate thought is that I'm not getting a clear sense of narrative from the first image--the fisheye persepctive makes it hard to tell where the people are in relation to each other or how they're interacting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Thank you! Your comment definitely helped, as storytelling is something I am inexperienced with

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah this is cool but I'm not sure what's going on either. Are you going to make this like a comic?

Also, although they're saying love, their expressions don't really translate into that-- which may not be helping the disconnect that's going on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Thanks for your thoughts on this! The confusion probably stems from the fact that this is not supposed to become a comic. These are just illustrations to accompany a written out story

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with the others - I like the style, but there's definitely something off with the storytelling aspect. There are hearts, like they're thinking about being in love with each other (or something to that respect), but her expression is stuck somewhere between boredom and irritation and the guy simply just looks.. mad. Especially with the long strides they appear to be taking - he looks like he's storming off or something, in a huff.

The second picture is interesting, but I maybe feel like it's a bit busy? There's just a lot going on inside that van and, without knowing what the story is, I can't tell what I'm supposed to really be looking at. It's night in one area, raining in another, and then there's a beam of wood.. and a surfboard? I will say that seeing the drawing makes me what to know what on earth is going on in the story, so you have my interest piqued. LOL. Subject matter aside, I like the colors, but I feel like the background is so busy that it's really almost detracting from the focus of the picture (the van). If you have to keep the black areas, I'd almost lighten them up so they fall more into the background instead of competing with the foreground.

Good work! Look forward to seeing more. ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Thank you for the suggestions! I will try to make sure everything makes sense when uploading the finished product

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.