Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

ʕ; `ᴥʔ ☆Sketchbook☆! (December 2016 Updated )

I can't tell if I'm progressing or not. I figured this is the place to get a bit more serious. Help me out guys. Critique and all that jazz. I want it all. I've got quite a bit of respect for this community, as everyone gives useful advice and there are some very awesome artists that are extremely inspiring in every way.

I think this is the best place to start (with a sketchbook right?) and I'll work my way around. And I'll post my latest "finished" works. I don't get around to doing sketches as I would like too. Another thing I would also like to introduce myself to is sketching/drawing/painting things I normally wouldn't do on my own as well as from life.

Basically, I'm trying to break old bad habits and adapt some new good ones. Guide me in my endeavours.

P.S. This sketchbook is actually old now, and thinking of starting a new one....

P.P.S: I contemplated deleting the original post or editing it as it all seems very childish but it's whatever. It's kind of funny to look at how much of a fool I was.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lostcookie; December 9th, 2016 at 08:13 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lostcookie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Looking good cant wait to see more. One thing i notice already though is that your proportions seem a little off. Keep posting!
    The Sketchbook of Frittzell

"The Imagination, the inside of our heads, truly is the most vast frontier" - Terence Mckenna

"Nature is the great visible ancient of creativity"

Thanks
    Welcome to CA

I'm new too, and its pretty intimidating posting next to some of the amazing people who frequent this site. If you stick with it and listen to the advice they give though I can almost guarantee you will progress.

Be sure to check out the tutorials/tips section cause theres a lot to learn, also there is a stickied post with links to 100+ free online reference books (bridgman, loomis, etc).

I like your lines a lot and they have a great style, one critique I have though is on the colored piece. The strands of hair stand out as all being the same thickness so you might want to look into varying your line weight a bit with the brush settings. It'll make the lines/colors more dynamic lifelike.

Good luck, hope to see more from you.

Edit: Heres a few links i mentioned:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131117 These are the free art books.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveRapo.../0/3mpUsfEuG0c This is a good brush tutorial and hes got quite a few other good tutorials/demonstrations.

Thanks
    Great work! I can't wait to see more! The patterns on the clothing in the second photo are just stunning!

Thanks
    I love that second image. Looks like you a have a great style - keep posting!

Thanks
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Frittzell : I try hard to stick with a more realistic sense of anatomy, but I think I could do better if I used some references. I've really only ever drawn from my imagination and basically what I see in the mirror from time to time. And being long/lanky makes me end up drawing everyone else with the same body as mine :p Will try more references and different bodies!

Maunty: Thanks a million for the links! It probably would have taken me a long time to come across these myself. I'll be sure to go through as much of it as I can.And thats a good point about the hair. I did want to give it a sort of manky/matted look but, probably didnt acheive that well enough. Doesn't help that I only ever draw with the default brush. For the background I used one of the calligraphy brushes for the first time :s

Krispy: Lulz jonnei boy you're too sweet to me < 3

Anabanana: Thanks! I'll try.

By starting with some more of these.

The first one is a character of mine who becomes a killer D:
    The second one I did for the lulz.
    The last two are pretty old, but I still kinda like em so I thought I'd share.Will bring some to the table later < 3! And hopefully some actual new stuff soon as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lostcookie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A few other things I was kinda happy with. Sorry for the lack of updates, had a crazy holiday visitng family back in U.S.A. Starting to feel homesick again :c

So this is the full thing of Jesus' head that I drew like, 4 in the morning the day before I left. And some other stuff I did while I was there (did the last one while I was on the plane to the way there actually). I wish I had an awesome camera and scanner, cause then I would feel like a right pimp.

Plan on going to the library tomorrow to maybe find some awesome anatomy and reference books and all that. Also going to see the princess frog c:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lostcookie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very very nice, your drawings went into my library for future inspiration, keep posting!.

Thanks
    Great sketches. The third one in the first post reminds me of Lady Gaga hehe. Nice pencil work and stylish proportions, looks very fashion illustrationy, but you made it your own.

I'd like to see more color stuff too. Keep posting!

Thanks
    aww thanks you guys! You're so sweet c:

No colour stuff this time, just some stuff I'm quite happy with at the moment.

It was weird cause I was going to give up on that picture (obvious anatomy problems), but I got this weird email from some stranger, and that made me want to finish it. At least, for them. I'm quite happy with it.

I also drew a space marine. The most effeminate one you'll ever see c:

A work in progress...I was hoping to colour this one, but I got this really awesome pimp that wants to do a collab with me. SOOOoooo excited Cx... I'll at least finish the line work. I like his outfit c:

Thanks
    Really lovely

Thanks
    Wow, these are so fun to look at. Will check back.

Thanks
    Love your style. The slick eyes of all ur characters catch me. I also like the skinny slim look they have too. Post more, there's cool ideas here
    Comment my crappy art PLEEZ ; )

Thanks
    Was at the in-laws the other day, and Tom's sister wanted me to draw a toast stealing monster :/

Greedy children turn into these things.

I also finished my space marine... didn't want to clean it up that much really. Was fun drawing it though. Hes sooooo adorable. I think his suit might be babyblue or pink...or something nice c:

oh oh oh oh , and thanks yall 33

Thanks
    I drew some more stuff recently that i thought was worthy of posting ..i think...

I've been listening to loads and loads of David Axelrod recently, mainly "The Sick Rose" and came up with this.

I loooove Davd Axe sooo much. Anyway. Thats Christopher. Hes quite confused, but takes it in stride. We sell Prom dresses where I work, and I've been wanting to draw him in one for ages.

I also drew this recently, which looks silly.

I drew his head before i even though about the body so..that says everything really. I don't normally do that, but...i was being lazy :c. Jesus is so silly and angry... Anyway. I have been drawing, but not as much as i love to, and nothing I'm really happy with. so those things wont show their faces.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast