Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Thanks
    Beautiful work. I love the angular feeling to them, and especially the ones with contrasting empty/high detail shapes like the second on in post 111. Really cool.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The progression in your work that is clear to me is the emotion in the faces are improving greatly. Great work and keep it up!

Thanks
    @sipher: Thanks!

@cedule: Thank you lovely!

@House Hatke: Thanks! It seems weird. SOmetimes i get into that whole thing where what you do is default and everyone else has style. And yeah I'm pretty sure my own dog will turn into that one day.

@Valyavande: What a lovely comment! And yeah, I think alot of people pick up on my weird sombre expressions, but... I guess I just prefer them? They seem more real to me. And yes, pencil are so lovely, I don't think I could ever ever give them up completely. They've been my best buds since I can remember.

@Betty86:Thanks! I pay a lot of attention to noses as I seem to have a slight nose fetish :c. But must get better at making them more sexy than ever!

@habrok: Thanks! I feel like pictures should have breathing points. If there's just too much detail everywhere, I feel sort of overwhelmed. I think it's just how I look at things in real life. I remember the details of the things i focus on, everything else is just...blurry space. But thanks again!

@KlineCreative: I think I'm trying to give some other facial expressions a go. Some work out all right, but I try not to over do it still. Thank you though! I can only get better... I hope.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Yeah so.... Probably a bit of a disappointing update because I haven't been really doing "arty" things or anything with any real significant meaning to myself, and more just having fun with what I'm doing. I'm trying to focus more on completing projects than on my technical skill. Obviously I don't want to pretend I'm content with my work, I'm not. But I find I can easily exhaust myself if I'm worrying about about everything looking pristine and getting it finished in a timely manner. So I'm trying to teach myself what to sacrifice, when to sacrifice, and to sacrifice as little as possible (but only in the instances when this needs to happen). .....this is stupid, I don't think anyone reads this crap. blah blah text. I certainly won't be reading this again.

There isn't really a whole lot here either so. And I gotta go walk my dog so quickly now :

Attachment 1471301

pin up for april

Attachment 1471304

detail cause it looks way better than the whole thing by itself.

Attachment 1471307

pin up for may. Calendar version will be up on my blog soon.

ALSO! I started a comic thing finally. Like. Properly. Well i say properly , it's done in a shitty A5 sized sketchbook and literally just drawn with my regular pencils then inked over with india ink. and it's called ANDRO✰.

Attachment 1471313

It's not like, the most in depth mind blowing material, but I though I'll just pull something and see how it goes. And I'm enjoying it and really at the end of the day, that's really all that matters to me.

Attachment 1471315

I like to think that it's funny, but it probably isn't. If you care at all, you can read it on my da page or on the tumblr thing I made for it, untill I get my own page up for it. androcomic.tumblr.com

The pages will get better, I promise, but..I'm learning how approach the whole comic thing differently. And instead of making each panel perfect, just go with it, and hope everyone enjoys the ride.

um. Oh , and he's just based off my april pin up. So creative.

Started my June pin up.

Attachment 1471317

Did the sketch while I was in Tom's fathers car while waiting for Tom. Then wasted a whole monday just messing arond with it.

Anyway, started colouring it now. Need to stay ahead!

Attachment 1471321

Only about 1 and 30 mins in so. Yeah. It looks...weird and strange. And the only thing i ever work on is the face. Typical.

Attachment 1471336

moving on....

Um. I entered that contest thing that was in the competition part a few weeks back. I didn't win, but got two honourable mentions! not bad i guess. I guess it's alright because i didn't really put my all into it. As the more i thought about it, the more I thought about doing my own work and really getting to grips with my comic and making prints and doing my print making course. But anyway, here they are.

Attachment 1471324

Attachment 1471325

Attachment 1471328

I did a few others but don't really like them. Solitaire was the only one i ended up focusing on before i realised that I wasn't really that fussed. It's a good thing I didn't though otherwise the company would have had to put up with things like this :

Attachment 1471345

Reasons not to draw at work from your imagination. Just. Don't. Do. It.

Alright. I'm out. love love to everyone and the world. and to all a merry good day.

Thanks
    your style is so interesting and unique, really.. i love all the work you've posted

Thanks
    You have some really imaginative pieces here and your pencil-work is beautiful. I only wish this thread was longer so I could see more of your awesome stuff

Subscribed!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostcookie View Post
    I like to think that it's funny, but it probably isn't.
    It's funny. Its funny in a slightly depressing way, but it is funny. I cant wait to see more.

Thanks
    @frayed-symphony:Thanks! I guess I still don't see it, but I guess it's just one of those things that won't ever happen.

@The-Idle-Elk: Really generous thing to say. I like to imagine I have something different to offer but how true that is I have no idea.

@stgodd: Ahha thanks! I need to hurry and get a site up for it so it's actually easier to read for people. But every word of encouragement helps greatly.

I havn't got much to post, but I was pretty happy with something for once. Though I'll probably hate it by tomorrow!

Attachment 1481570

I like to imagine jesus has some banging DSL.

I keep wanting to go back to that whole idea and that story, but I need to focus. And mainly on doing some canvas work. Hoping I can throw something somewhere and get some money on at least one painting by the end of this year. Will this happen....I hope so.

And other than doing my pin up, as I've decided to drop that project at the time being (being that the pin ups were completely self indulgent and I don't really want to introduce myself with those in the big bad world to represent me. That sentence is probably grammatically wrong on many levels. I am tired. I'm always tired, even though I get enough sleep. hm.

Anyway, the point I was making :

Attachment 1481549

I started painting that one. And when I finish the entire picture, get prints of it made, and sell them for cheaper than the last ones. My game plan was totally wrong with the last print, and though I sold one....well. Just didn't work out.

Also played in tegaki..

Attachment 1481557

I don't think Ive posted that one. Anyway, it looks pretty shit there, but I think I will do a proper nice one of that on canvas...and maybe the jesus one...

So sorry for the lamest update in the history of man. But. I just had to. For some reason. I should probably lurk around and be useful or something, or say nice things to other people with their great work. Just way too shy....

Thanks
    "Always tired despite getting enough sleep"--story of my life! Isn't it annoying?

But I'm sad to hear you're stopping the pinups. D: I adore those. I understand your hesitancy to promote yourself with such a sexual project, but they were so well done. And I think other artists are mature enough to handle the subject, although I suppose the general public might raise an eyebrow. But it's your choice..

So uh, hi. I love your colors and style and subjects. Your work is just so damn cool. Subbed!

Also... don't be shy! People love getting comments. You're making someone happy.

Anyway, keep up the great work.
    My sketchbook - come critique me!
    jesse martel@tumblr

Thanks
    @[b]JesseM[b]: Thank you so much for you praise! Yeah, I felt more that the pin up work was very...what's the word. Um. self indulgent I guess. As much as I enjoy them, I don't feel like that most accurately represent what happens in my mind (though I certainly think about things like that from time to time!) but think it may be more honest to show something that is a bit more relative to my true personality and what takes up most of my time when thinking. I will draw more pin ups in the future, that's for sure, but have been viciously working on other things.

Wich is mainly the pages of my most recent comic ANDRO✰ which I've already mentioned here. I'm nearing the second chapter. but here,s some random page that I kind of like

Attachment 1506976

You can read the entire thing at www.andro-comic.com

and a little poster thing I did for it :

Attachment 1506974

I was supposed to get it done quite quickly but i suddenly had to do sort of 40-48 hour work weeks which really screwed up some of my plans. I'm only getting more free time this week (so I get to do more arty things! awesome). And I have a commission to work on. which if anyone is interested, they can read on my bastard of a deviant art page here : spacebubble.deviantart.com

There you can also see how much more of an imbecile I am up there when people gift me with little art things.

almost forgot this thing

Attachment 1506978

I'm adding a new character to the story soon and though, I better draw him before actually adding him. So this happend. Stag.

The only other thing i've done in the last month or so was a picture of (my interpritation) the Starwatcher, Moebius' character.

Attachment 1506973

I was pretty content when I was working on it...but you know how it goes. Back to slaving on the comic. People seem to be enjoying it though so that makes me happy. I'll be over the moon when I can get back to doing some canvas work and being "arty"

When I somehow manage to start another comic, I want it to appear more in this style, using some heavy gm paper yo. Anyway.

Love love to everyone.

Daedelus - Tailor Made ft. Molish (Sepalcure Mix)

maybe some better art next time...

Thanks
    Cool stuff. Especially like that last one. Your style reminds me of Leyendecker . Looked through your comic, art looks good. Maybe spend a little bit more time on the lettering, that seems to be an art in itself.
    Regarding your commissions. I think you're undercutting yourself heavily. Maybe you need the money, but your pencils are too good to be sold for only $20, especially for A3 size pages. You could do a couple of pages of some fanart (show/comic that you like), so people know what awesome stuff they can get. It's all about knowing your target demographic . That's just my opinion anyway.

Disclaimer: I'm a total noob and don't have any experience selling art .

Thanks
    Really interesting linework here.
    I love the way you draw in planes.
    Keep posting those illustrations.
    Also i like the way you simplify some of those details on bodies.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Awesome style!Love the sketchbook pages

Thanks
    @DanijelC:Thanks Dan! And yeah, I've been told that I should charge a bit more, but I have a hard time gauging myself as far as commissions go. And drawing fan art from other shows and so on does sound like a good idea, but I don't want to give the impression that I'll draw many fan art pictures through my service. I typically like drawing others original characters, as it feels more personal. So I don't really want to grab the kind of audience that would ask for naruto/avengers/transformers kind of stuff. I think I will have to bump up these prices though...

And yeah, I really like leyendecker, the effectiveness of his brush strokes and just the over all feel of his work. So I guess I imitate it quite a bit.

@knut-:Thanks! I'll do my best.

@Cameli:Thank you love.

Just some stuff I had done recently. I managed to snag a few commissions. I did one on the cheap for a buddy since they wanted something A4 size so I slashed the price in half.

Attachment 1524053

the character is Ellior and it belongs to little lovely ~norree. She's such a sweet heart.

This was one of those pictures where I was really happy with it while working on it...but then after saying its "finished" was all like ah damn, could have this,this, this and that... and same for the actual commission that I did for someone else.

Attachment 1524055

He belongs to this babe sol-niger

The whole time I was working on it I felt like...there should be something more. But I just really can't think. I'm not sure if it's because it's not my own idea from the ground up or..I don't know. I hate when that happens though...but she seems pretty happy with it. Unfortunately I can only take a photo of it at the time being. Trying to find a place that can scan it in for me properly... Though I have found a place that can make me some digital prints on the fly! So perhaps soon I can sell some prints for some not so outrageous prices!

like this one maybe

Attachment 1524052

I've started working on this properly yesterday. Today I'm a bit more slack with how I'm approaching it (I hate painting and feeling drowsy. Feels like I'm not putting my heart into it). And I was working on this but then got distracted and started posting up here.

I'm actually livestreaming this one from time to time (probably this evening as well) so if anyone is interested at all my livestream is www.livestream.com/lostcookie

I normally post when I've started on my tumblr or on my dA. So..yeah. you can watch that if you want to come in and tell me whats wrong/how horrible i am/i suck/i have bad taste in music.

oh and.

Attachment 1524054

still doing the comic. Shits not easy mang.

I guess that's it for now... And yeah. Probably live streaming later, after dinner. Making pork curry and watching Dexter. Amazing, my life is.

I should stop making these pictures so big.

Thanks
    That last update was pretty meh.

So is this one.

Attachment 1533937

Just an update on that one...Taking plenty of time on this, should have gotten this done, but had to do some of my comic pages as well. I think this is going in the right direction, but I decided I needed to focus on ANDRO✰. So I drew this:

Attachment 1533938

Drawing, rather. Not done yet. There is so much more of the story to dig into, and this whole shebang will be dealt with much later as the story develops. I'm still enjoying the process, which is a bit weird. Though to be honest, I am contemplating changing the book I'm currently using to draw the comic in. I feel a bit limited with the book I'm using now....need to fix that hand....Thought I would finish it this evening since I started it yesterday evening. Nope.

Also, this latest book here, my moleskine. I just bought it about a few months ago. Stitching is totally different... and the pages feel more waxy. Anyone else notice this waxyness? Totes not cool.

Peace.

Thanks
    Wow, you got a nice feeling to your drawings!
    Do you have any tips? ^^

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast