Ummm...hmmmmm. Well.

Name:  An2pre.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  456.5 KB

Here is something I did at work.

Name:  jessilikesropespre2.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  438.0 KB

Here is something I'm still working on. Fucking strawberries.

Name:  gynefasLFs3.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  298.1 KB

Something I started yesterday on a whim, and finished earlier today. I'll be starting on my ANDRO✰ comic again. This character has something to do with the story, but wont show up until much much later, in fact, they're quite distant to the actual story for now....I'll start updating it once I finish with chapter 2, so the next update should be at least 10+ pages.

The showing in Winchester went alright, but could have gone better I think tbh. But enough of that. Need to keep looking forward. I have another showing at a pretty snazzy cafe called "Flirt" in April. So I'm trying to ...get myself all sorted out for that.

I also opened myself an Etsy Shop so you can check that out. Selling prints on the cheap yo. I'll be updating it with more work soon....

/dead.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Started painting this thing...

Name:  gynefasCOLpre2.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  407.2 KB

I'm kind of happy with how it's coming out for now..still need to learn how to plan my pictures better. I have an idea for the background and all but...should have fleshed it out a bit more before refining him...

I'm so confused about life right now.

Thanks
    The blue reflections in the face is gorgeos in the newest picture. And what is the thing with the recurring melting eye? Is it you invention?

Thanks
    oh my god your last post is absolutely beautiful, can't believe it... great sketch for it too, love it just as much as the piece in the rendering process

Thanks
    Great sketchbook! I really like your pencil work and how you are rendering skin, very solid technique developing here. Don't worry about comparing yourself to others, try to not think about things that can make you feel insecure, find the joy in drawing and just keep doing it!! You've got a distinctive technique and if you keep honing it you will certainly carve out your place in this vast world.

Thanks
    @Axelga2112: Thanks! I think I need to mess around with the tones of the picture a bit though to get it a bit more..rich maybe? And as far as the melting eye thing, that's just me drawing the same guy, over and over and over again because I'm quite fond of him and his melty eye.

@aargh!: Thank you! What a lovely thing to say. I'm pretty attatched to this particular picture as it's kind of got some significance through the thought process and what the character stands for really..I just hope I can keep it looking good as I continue to work on it.

@fersteger2: Thanks for he encouragement! It's pretty upsetting for me sometimes for me to go through my own sketchbook and read some of the things I say about myself and my progress. I think I tend to feel most positive when working, but suddenly become very negative when posting. I'm trying to break the habit of coupling my work with negative things I see in it. It's not a good experience for anyone! Thanks again.

I forced myself to do some speed paints and stuff, because I never do those and I have my eyes set on a job somewhere. so...

Did this at like 1 in the morning

Name:  Fem1.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  120.5 KB

I want to get back to it and work on the feet a bit more...but yeah. Was way too tired to make anything look good.

Name:  sphinxpreCA.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  250.9 KB

Worked on this for an hour...someone suggested I draw a nurse sphinx that eats people. Didn't really get to do much actual sketching on this one before started painting it. Which always turns out bad for me.

Name:  MinotaurCOLpreCA.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  265.6 KB

Worked about an hour and a half on this one right after. Think I was a bit more clever with colours this time around...

Going to go chill somewhere now

Thanks
    Fantastic work, I'm really digging your use of colours and line style.

Thanks
    hey man really nice sb,good line weight,interesting designs and that red headed photo study is great.
    I read some of your posts about feeling subdued by the universe and that kind of thing...sometimes when you see the sea of talent on ca it can get a bit depressing
    but if you look on sketchbooks like algenflegers and mindycandyman(i think I misspelled that) you can definitely be encouraged that huge change is possible-all it takes is persistence.
    anyways,I would love to see more quasi traditional stuff like that red head study and less stylized stuff,I think that would push your improvement a lot more.

keep posting and cheer up, the universe is on your side(yeah i am that cheesy).

Thanks
    You have some great lines! Also i think you can come with something very original in time if you will improve the paint a bit. I wish you good luck!

Thanks
    Your art is breathtaking. Just amazing, all of it.

Thanks
    @crisimikiwiki: Thank you! I still think I need to have a better grasp of what colours work together and what doesn't. And I'm trying to vary my pallet a bit more now, but worrying about things looking garish now...

@GrayPersona: Thanks for the comfort yo. Yeah I've always just gravitated towards painting what I enjoy painting, as I always felt like I should enjoy my subjects and that was the purpose of art. I tend to do frantic half assed studies when I feel incompetent. I try to do more these days, but I guess I just never get too far with them as I get bored. Not really a good thing at all, but something I think I'm slowly getting over. I always had the idea that each picture I do was something like a study in itself. But I think I see now it just doesn't work that way...

@llex_paul: Thank you. I guess perhaps I will make something unique. Maybe. Maybe I won't. Hard to tell sometimes.

@mundanity: Thank you for the lovely comment. Never really thought of it as "breath taking" as I feel a bit under accomplished for my age, but I'll try and think fondly on this comment when I'm in the worst of my worst pits of self doubt.

It feels strange updating this often, but I did another 2 hour practice on these things. well almost three, nearly an hour and a half on each

Name:  TroutFCOLpreCA.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  283.6 KB

I think I need to have better control over my pallet, the colours are a bit all over the place with this one. I like the head, I like the body, but together they seem a bit miss matched. I think if I either make the body more rich , or tone down the head a bit it would make more sense. I spent about an hour and a half on this. I really screwed up with the tail fin. I just didn't take my time to think about what I was doing before I put pressure to the pen.

Name:  MinotaurCOLCA.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  418.6 KB

About an hour on the horse, and 15 minutes on the little man. Not too satisfied with the colours on this one either. I think I could have made them a bit more subdued and ...not phantom like, but airy and light.

Over all I feel I didn't do bad today being distracted and all, but I feel like I could have applied myself better. I need to really focus on delivering some depth now into environments, refining more precisely, and really capturing complementing colours, while still keeping the picture rich, and not too saturated.

Thanks
    Commission I'm finishing up.

Name:  AkePre2.png
Views: 586
Size:  664.8 KB

Still have lots of the face to fix up. He doesn't look particularly handsome yet or anything. But I thought I better actually focus on other parts of the picture before I focus too much on the face. Otherwise I'd spend hours and hours on it or days before anything got done. This one has taken me a bit of time, but over all I'm fairly happy with how some of the renderings come out. Still need to do some better detail on the bodice bit. Will probably do that tomorrow. Then after finishing him up then it will just be the background and making the ring more interesting...

I uh. quit my job. It wasn't going so well there. So now it's super art focus time. After I finish this commission Ill be free to work on personal shit and study again. I do sometimes do studies but they just look so god awful sometimes that I don't even want to post them haha.

Anyway, going to go back to hitting up the cafe's and looking up some local art markets. I wish my future self good luck.

Also, Everything Everything came out with a new album.

Everything Everything - Choice Mountain

I love how round the main singers head is.
    Last edited by Lostcookie; February 14th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks
    Oh my gukkin' god dude - - Flawless use of colours and you're rendering like a god. Jeeeeeeesus christ

Thanks
    @[b]Murderotic[b]: Thanks! Lots of learning still to do yet. I still don't feel like I mesh my textures well together, and I feel like my skin work is becoming kind of plastic-y again. At least with paler skin tones...

Anyway, finished the commission

Name:  AkeTransparentSs.png
Views: 575
Size:  669.1 KB

I'm pretty satisfied with it for now. I will be selling these though

Name:  Ake2Prints.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  386.0 KB

on my Etsy really soon. I'll post when they are available on my tumblr and dA

boop

Supreme Cuts - Amnesia
    Mid-Air! - I Wanna Hug You

Thanks
    Really nice style you have here. I really like how you use color in your latest commision piece. I love how you handled his hair. Keep it up!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast