Fav Scene From A Movie Ever!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Fav Scene From A Movie Ever!

whats your all-time favorite scene froma movie?
    mines gotta be,

Lord of the rings: Return of the king;
    when Legolas, Arigorn and Gimlie get off the ship and it looks as though there alone agains tons of orcs, then thousands of the undead soldieres seep through the ship walls and walk all over the mass amount of orcs!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Alien: The chestburster scene.

Aliens: "Get away from her you bitch!"

Alien 3 (SE): Junior (the guy who attacked Ripley) lures the alien into the holding tank and Ripley closes the doors behind it, you can hear him screaming through the metal.

Alien resurrection: The chestburster that was inside Purvis comes out through Wren's face.

The Matrix: "Please remove any metalic items, keys, loose change... Holy shit!"

The Matrix Reloaded: The fight at the Merovingian's Chateau.

The Matrix Revolutions: The final battle between Neo and Agent Smith. Plus any scene with the sentinals fighting the APUs. The sentinals looked absolutely incredable.

2001: A Space Odyssee: Dave is shutting down HAL while his sings "Daisy." You actually feel pitty for him.

O'Brother where art thou: The Bible salesman beats them up, steps on the frog and takes their money... "You don't have to read'em to sell'em"

Saving Private Ryan: The D-Day invasion. It's the most overwhelming thing in the entire movie.

Pitch Black: When the aliens first break out of the rock spires as the suns are blocked out.

Gladiator: The battle of Germania.

Braveheart: Robert the Bruce, helps William Wallace escape after betraying him.

Jurassic Park: The Raptors make their first appearance in the Kitchen.

Jurassic park III: The battle between the spinosaurus and the rex. The rest of the movie sucked.

FOTR: When the Balrog makes his first appearance.

Two Towers: The face off at helms deep with the Uruk'hai, before the battle begins.

ROTK: Sam fights Shelob

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Lee Mu Bai avenges his master at the end.

Signs: The kid backs up against the grate and the alien's hand grabs his face. And the brother watching the news in the closet while they're reporting on the alien caught on tape in mexico.

The Brotherhood of the Wolf: The part when the beast of Gevoudan is cornered in the pit and attacked.

Spinal tap: They preform their song Stonehenge.

Last edited by N D Hill; March 31st, 2004 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one that came to mind was from Miller's Crossing, but prolly cause I just saw it the other day:
    Bernie: 'Look in your heart! Look in your heart!!'
    Tom: 'What heart?' BANG!!

can't forget:

Hard-Boiled: tracking shot following CYF's dive on the docks, when the mailbox or whatever blows up. Beautiful

Usual Suspects: when the coffee mug falls and shatters

Fist of Legend: Jet Li making American-style Boxing look like the most incredibly lethal fighting art ever devised and sucker-punching his best friend in the back of the head

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Cell: "Where do you come from?!"

LOTR- RTOK: The scene where the Witch-king drops his war mace/flail

Snatch: basicly every scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heat: The 7.5 minute gunfight through the streets of LA

True Romance: Clarence (Christian Slater) visits Drexel (Gary Oldman) and when Vincent (Christopher Walken) visits Cliff (Dennis Hopper)

State of Grace: Final gunfight scene in bar The camera is great but the sound editing REALLY is the best.

Braveheart: The Battle of Sterling

Reservoir Dogs: Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) and Officer Marvin Nash ... "Hello, can you hear me?!"

There are MANY more but these are off the top of my head that stand out.

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love stuff like the scene in Fight Club when Eddy Norton talks about his apartment, and the way it blows up for the photography; the slow motion scenes in FLCL for their humour; and last but not least Ripley in Alien chasing a huge monster with a tiny taser for whatever.
    I also love the simpsons drug trips (fav: peyote jalapeno peppers).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alien: chestburster

matrix: the first time i saw bullet time, WHOA

crusty demons of dirt: seth enslows overshot in the desert 260+ feet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really don't have a favorite scene. I have lots of favorite scenes though.

Here are a few:

In "Blue Velvet" when Dennis Hopper grabs the main character by the face and tells him "In dreams, you're mine."

Ghostbusters - Egon getting his pack switched on inside the elevator, and Ray/Peter fearfully backing away from the noise it emits. Also, every scene with Mr. Stay Puft and Slimer.

The methodical "cleanup" sequence following the shower scene in "Psycho." The aftermath is more exciting than the actual slaying to me, which is a continuity lover's wet dream. Why? Because it makes the actual slaying seem that much more a horrific "reality."

Night of the Living dead - "They're coming to get you, Barbara." and the lurching ghoul that actually *does* get Johnny.

Spartacus - "I'm Spartacus!" "I'm Spartacus!" "I'm Spartacus!" (etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.)

The "hospital trolly" sequence "Jacob's Ladder" where an abadoned hospital gradually turns into a hallucinatory living hell on earth with insane asylum patients, deformed human beings, bloodied strewn body parts, and finally, Jacob catching a glimpse of the disembodied trunk of a black man in an executioner's mask shaking his head in a barely visible blur.

Back to the Future, when Doc reacts to Marty's revelation that he's from the future.

Tron - Tron's introductory disc fight, and the lightcycle race.

Dr. Strangelove - "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is a war room!"

In "Ran" when the delirious king searches for a knife to commit hari-kari on himself, but can't find one, instead stumbling out between two lines of soldiers who used to fight for him that are now invading his castle, and off into the fields.

Blade Runner - The replicant death scene. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." More proof that the most effective special effects are those in your head.

"All that Jazz" when they intercut scenes of men talking casually about a business deal regarding the main character with unflinching shots of an actual open-heart surgery being performed on the main character.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom's mine cart ride.

The Seven Samurai when Ichiro kills the bandit leader with the last of his strength. (I like the action in general in that movie; it's so brutal and unglamorous that it makes you hate war.)

And lastly...

Citizen Kane's famous "progression of time" sequence, ending with Kane's wife reading a competing newspaper.

Really, I could go on and on and on and on and on...

Last edited by DanSTC; January 30th, 2004 at 09:33 PM.
    Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Billy Madison: I loved about every scene from that movie. "I wanted a snack pack, why can't you just give me a SNACK PACK?!" "Billy, did you fall asleep by the pool...or did you pass out?"

"Its one of those flaming bags again!"
    "Don't forget your boots Fred!"
    "Don't tell me my business devil-woman! Call the fire department, this ones out of control! ....sniff sniff... Its dat poop again!"
    "He called the shit, 'poop'!"
    "I'll get you damn kids! You all gonna DIE!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOTR-ROTK - "for frodo..."

Fight Club - "The first rule of fight club is..."

Equilibrium - "no.....not without incident"

Band of Brothers(ok I know this is no movie) - the whole jewish camp scene..

Bowling for Columbine - when Micheal Moore leaves the little girl's picture in front of Charlton Heston's House

51st State - every scene rocks

After all, dog is a dog. A duck is a duck. But a cat is a person.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cabin fever.
    the whole freaking movie!! awesome
    film

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The beginning of Waynes World. Two words. Bohemian Rhapsody

.: I am a Middle Class Member :.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aven: Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest moments in movie history
    I used to be dj at a small pub here for some time with a friend of mine, and at ~3 am we'd always play that song and bang our heads like it was 1992
    I still got the video tape here, it's a terrible neon yellow. God, i was 11 when that came out... and i must have seen the movie at least 6 times in the last 12 years... along with Bill & Ted... i guess i'm conditioned to behave like an idiot. ROCK! VAN HALEN! AC/DC!

Edit: I just saw PhilHolland post about Road to Perdition and i had to add this, the scene when they arrive in chicago is brilliant; the shot in which the camera circles the car from front to back, showing first a bored tom hanks and kid, then the kid becomes aware of the city reflected in the windows, and finally the camera has turned around 180 degrees and reveals the skyline of the city... made me shiver.

Last edited by John; February 13th, 2004 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too many to list. I'll post them as I think of them. Very good ones already mentioned too.

Tombstone - (2 scenes)
    -After Wyatt does his walk on water thing - Doc Holiday, "Wyatt Earp's my friend", "Hell, I got lots of friends", Doc, "I don't".
    -Doc Holiday's showdown with Ringo. Especially the shot before the face reveal, where his hat is just still hiding his face......

Desparado - Opening story scene & "Let's play".

Godfather I & II - Too many to list. Vito's first kill in II is really great. Oh, and don't forget horsehead from I.

The Abyss - Lot's in this one. Especially the ring in the doorway. The cinematics in this flick are insane. Watch the use of the color red.... Also, the first contact scene.

Lost in Translation - It's the little details and expressions that make this movie. I recently saw it and am impressed with shots that contain no dialogue.

Jurassic Park - This was the movie that made me want to work in visual effects. When the T-Rex roars at the end of the first movie I got chills. I couldn't believe that my childhood fascination with dinosaurs would ever be so "real".

Star Wars IV - Darth vs. Obi
    Trench run. Just so many out of the IV,V, & VI. Darth's death scene. The emotion that motionless black plastic eyes displayed was brilliant. Another movie that really made me want to get into vfx.

Goonies - When they first see the ship in the cave.

Amadeus - Salieri as Mozart's "father" in the doorway/hallway. AMAZING.

Young Sherlock Holmes - Lot's of stuff. Stained glass knight, etc...

Indiana Jones - Adventure at it's best. Really the shots showing Indiana's decision making and some of the best action directing I've seen. Great pacing too.

The Mummy - Dear lord. My fescination with Egypt's gonna kill me one day. The movies are lame, but make up for it in the pacing. Similar style to Indiana Jones.

(NOT A MOVIE) Stargate SG1 - Probably the most underated show I've seen. It's pretty corny sometimes, but the damn stories, the plot, the fact that it's really original everytime through the gate, and the long term story lines. Gah! I love it.

Road to Perdition - Bullet through the rear window in car chase.

Saving Private Ryan - Death scene mentioned already, but the Omaha run. The audio/visual effect with the camera above and below water. Also, a lot of set driven scenes that were really, really amazing.

Alien - Tunnel.

Event Horizon - Corridor shots. Use of darker colors. Spooky atmosphere.

Matrix - Real worl/Matrix color schemes. Blue/Red, and Green/Yellow.

Titanic - When the ship is pointed up, the shear terror of people falling to their deaths.

Excalibur (1981) - A lot of it. I cannot hear "O' Fortuna" without thinking of this movie.

Batman - The first one. Bruce in the cave.... A couple of those shots. Jack made the movie as the Joker though. The tower sequence is good.

A.I. - The pan of the futuristic city where Jude has his animated monologue.

Lord of the Rings - Way too many to list. Most of the shots with the Ring Wraiths and the Witch King stand out. Also, the scale shots with characters entering locations were really well done.

Fight Club - Pretty much all of this movie. Possibly the best stylized flick I've seen. Great use of color. I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Wow. I don't even think I've scratched the surface....

Phil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm so going to get banned

Last scene from Good Will Hunting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The others: The outside scenes, showing the house and the part when the fog is tightening..

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jacobs Ladder...man what a disturbing movie!
    I loved the scene in that where Jacob's lover Jezebel strokes his back with her foot while they're sitting on the bed...but in actual fact it's a midget's leg! The shot is fairly short so you don't realise what's wrong straight away...the film is full of stuff like that.

Braveheart- where his wife is killed...ooh you just wanna get that fat guy who kills her...

Saving Private Ryan- Omaha Beach (recently discovered the photography of Robert Capa, a war photographer who was amongst the first wave of troops to hit Omaha Beach...intense)

The Elephant Man- Where Anthony Hopkins walks through the streets of London at the beginning- the sound design is awesome

The Big Lebowski- where the Sherriff of Malibu suddenly throws his coffee mug right into the Dude's forehead.
    In fact there are heaps of scenes in this film I love.

Apocalypse Now- opening titles, scenes with Kurtz, destruction of Kurtz's temple complex

Requiem for a Dream- I love this film because I can only bear watching it once.

Waking Ned Devine- Naked old man on a motorbike!

Star Wars Ep1- Darth Maul Sabre battles. Maul brought so much vitality to the concept of Jedi lightsabre battles. Too bad about the rest of the movie.

Tron- lightcycle scene.

LOTR ROTK- Mordor/ Mount Doom- The Witch King

Fight Club- the use of media references as narrative elements.

Seven- not any particular scene, just the mood of the shots used, cinematography and set design

there are so many more...oh well

Sydney artist Luke Marcatili

"Fear is the mindkiller..."
    - The Litany Against Fear

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Princess Bride, the Sword Fight scene on the Cliffs of insanity.

As well as the Fight between Inigo and Count Rugen
    "I want my father back you SON OF A BITCH!"

The whole movie just plain rocks out.

Last edited by Wizard of KOZ; February 23rd, 2004 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The matrix - lobby scene

The Exorcist - "what a wonderful day for an exorcism".

Monty Python & holy grail - the bridge-crossing scene.

Tron - Lightcycle race

Eyes Wide shut - the orgy scene. :p

2001 - "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave" -scene.

Barry Lyndon - the duel between Barry and his step-son.

The Shining - The scene where Nicholson goes after his wife up the stairs.

Taxi Driver - "You talking to me?"

The Crow - The scene where he takes out the gangleader in his car.

Two Towers - Gollums schizo-scene.

"A pat on the back is only a few inches away from a kick in the ass."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boondock Saints, couple from this movie.
    THE CAT!!! lol and the scene where willam dafoe (sp) is in drag, and he sits up with his gun and shoots the dude in the head, all the while flapping his lips...freakin hilarius...hehe

Star wars.....wow..so many..
    Ep 4-5-6 respectively: the trench scene at the end, all of han solos reactions to situations (in all the movies)
    the AT_AT battle on hoth, and the final lightsaber battle with luke and vader. the speeder bike chase on endor, and the final space battle...i LOVE that scene when all the tie fighters peel off and attack.
    Ep. 1-2: darth mauls fight, all of it...so cool. YODA!!! fuckin awsome...that little booger made the movie...

LOTR: umm...wow...the ones that stand out are in the first one, after gandalf falls, the emotion gets me everytime. and boramirs death scene is quite well done . and in ROTK, the cavalry charge and the charge of the olyphants....amazing stuff...

13th warrior, when Buliwyf whacks the chief off his horse...i love that shit...lol

indiana jones..
    harrison fords expressions make these movies what they are... in last crusade, when he pegs 3 guys with one shot, priceless!

ok..im sure i could go on...but i wont.

:chug:

-------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOTR fellowship of the ring-when gandalf is standing on the bridge and tells barlog "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!", just love it.

fight club- when tyler uh, jack shoots himself in the head. BRILLIANT.

amelie- when she makes this guy go through a scavenger hunt to get his photo album back.

matrix- the sparing match between neo and morphius

snacth- the final boxing match with micky

matrix revolutions-when neo and trinity are making there way to the robot city and have to go up through the clouds, the sky is breath taking, and its such a contrast in colors compared to the rest of the films, its perfect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Predator: "doc, ur bleedin'" "I ain't got time tah bleed"

Predator "CONTAAAACT", and then a whole tropical rainforest is cut down by painless, the best minigun in a movie ever :cool:

Life is study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    only one I can pull outta my head that's recent

ROTK- When Faramir and his company charge to retake Osgilliath, Pippin is singing and Denethor stuffs his face. I thought that was beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    didn't see this one....
    Full Metal Jacket - This first 40 minutes or so... awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [R. Lee Ermey] GET UP! GET ON YOUR FEET! [/R. Lee Ermey]

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The boondock saints: Vent scene to slaughter

The boondock saints: Where he ripps the toilet of the floor

KillBill: The showdown

As dav said, Snatch: alot of them =)

cant think of anything more though

Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While reading through this thread, i had so many flashbacks - simply fun sorry, if i repeat some:

as capt. harlock said: the first half of full metal jacket is _awesome_. Private Pauler's suicide is one of the most moving scenes i remember in movie history.

reservoir dogs - their debate about giving tips. tarantino-style =)

2001 - A Space Oddyssey: the muted scene as well as the end with dave shutting down HAL. Oh, and the whole beginning including the famous match-cut this movie is just too good.

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back: "Darth Vader: No, Luke... I am your father!"

There are so many more, maybe ill add some later. no time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

-Rob

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the fight from the first 10 or so minuites of the movie adaptation of Escaflowne.

My second pic would be The fight scene where Ed Norton beats his won ass in the office in fight club.

Paul Rhye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back: "Darth Vader: No, Luke... I am your father!"

Greatest scene in movie history!!!!!!

Monty Pythons Life of Brian - the crucifixtion at the end
    The Proffesional - When he gets shot by Gary Oldman
    X2 - when wolvie stabs that guy up against the fridge and in fact the whole scene where he just cuts loose.
    Feddy Vs. Jason - When they step up to each other at the end.

Ep II - when Yoda wips out the lightsaber, unbelievable.
    And I'm sure a lot more plus most of them have been listed already.

Lay off that whisky and let that cocaine
    be - Johnny Cash

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.