Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks

Arrow Fav Scene From A Movie Ever!

whats your all-time favorite scene froma movie?
    mines gotta be,

Lord of the rings: Return of the king;
    when Legolas, Arigorn and Gimlie get off the ship and it looks as though there alone agains tons of orcs, then thousands of the undead soldieres seep through the ship walls and walk all over the mass amount of orcs!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Alien: The chestburster scene.

Aliens: "Get away from her you bitch!"

Alien 3 (SE): Junior (the guy who attacked Ripley) lures the alien into the holding tank and Ripley closes the doors behind it, you can hear him screaming through the metal.

Alien resurrection: The chestburster that was inside Purvis comes out through Wren's face.

The Matrix: "Please remove any metalic items, keys, loose change... Holy shit!"

The Matrix Reloaded: The fight at the Merovingian's Chateau.

The Matrix Revolutions: The final battle between Neo and Agent Smith. Plus any scene with the sentinals fighting the APUs. The sentinals looked absolutely incredable.

2001: A Space Odyssee: Dave is shutting down HAL while his sings "Daisy." You actually feel pitty for him.

O'Brother where art thou: The Bible salesman beats them up, steps on the frog and takes their money... "You don't have to read'em to sell'em"

Saving Private Ryan: The D-Day invasion. It's the most overwhelming thing in the entire movie.

Pitch Black: When the aliens first break out of the rock spires as the suns are blocked out.

Gladiator: The battle of Germania.

Braveheart: Robert the Bruce, helps William Wallace escape after betraying him.

Jurassic Park: The Raptors make their first appearance in the Kitchen.

Jurassic park III: The battle between the spinosaurus and the rex. The rest of the movie sucked.

FOTR: When the Balrog makes his first appearance.

Two Towers: The face off at helms deep with the Uruk'hai, before the battle begins.

ROTK: Sam fights Shelob

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Lee Mu Bai avenges his master at the end.

Signs: The kid backs up against the grate and the alien's hand grabs his face. And the brother watching the news in the closet while they're reporting on the alien caught on tape in mexico.

The Brotherhood of the Wolf: The part when the beast of Gevoudan is cornered in the pit and attacked.

Spinal tap: They preform their song Stonehenge.

Last edited by N D Hill; March 31st, 2004 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks
    First one that came to mind was from Miller's Crossing, but prolly cause I just saw it the other day:
    Bernie: 'Look in your heart! Look in your heart!!'
    Tom: 'What heart?' BANG!!

can't forget:

Hard-Boiled: tracking shot following CYF's dive on the docks, when the mailbox or whatever blows up. Beautiful

Usual Suspects: when the coffee mug falls and shatters

Fist of Legend: Jet Li making American-style Boxing look like the most incredibly lethal fighting art ever devised and sucker-punching his best friend in the back of the head

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 254 Posts
    The Cell: "Where do you come from?!"

LOTR- RTOK: The scene where the Witch-king drops his war mace/flail

Snatch: basicly every scene

Thanks
    Heat: The 7.5 minute gunfight through the streets of LA

True Romance: Clarence (Christian Slater) visits Drexel (Gary Oldman) and when Vincent (Christopher Walken) visits Cliff (Dennis Hopper)

State of Grace: Final gunfight scene in bar The camera is great but the sound editing REALLY is the best.

Braveheart: The Battle of Sterling

Reservoir Dogs: Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) and Officer Marvin Nash ... "Hello, can you hear me?!"

There are MANY more but these are off the top of my head that stand out.

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

Thanks
    I love stuff like the scene in Fight Club when Eddy Norton talks about his apartment, and the way it blows up for the photography; the slow motion scenes in FLCL for their humour; and last but not least Ripley in Alien chasing a huge monster with a tiny taser for whatever.
    I also love the simpsons drug trips (fav: peyote jalapeno peppers).

Thanks
    alien: chestburster

matrix: the first time i saw bullet time, WHOA

crusty demons of dirt: seth enslows overshot in the desert 260+ feet

Thanks
    I really don't have a favorite scene. I have lots of favorite scenes though.

Here are a few:

In "Blue Velvet" when Dennis Hopper grabs the main character by the face and tells him "In dreams, you're mine."

Ghostbusters - Egon getting his pack switched on inside the elevator, and Ray/Peter fearfully backing away from the noise it emits. Also, every scene with Mr. Stay Puft and Slimer.

The methodical "cleanup" sequence following the shower scene in "Psycho." The aftermath is more exciting than the actual slaying to me, which is a continuity lover's wet dream. Why? Because it makes the actual slaying seem that much more a horrific "reality."

Night of the Living dead - "They're coming to get you, Barbara." and the lurching ghoul that actually *does* get Johnny.

Spartacus - "I'm Spartacus!" "I'm Spartacus!" "I'm Spartacus!" (etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.)

The "hospital trolly" sequence "Jacob's Ladder" where an abadoned hospital gradually turns into a hallucinatory living hell on earth with insane asylum patients, deformed human beings, bloodied strewn body parts, and finally, Jacob catching a glimpse of the disembodied trunk of a black man in an executioner's mask shaking his head in a barely visible blur.

Back to the Future, when Doc reacts to Marty's revelation that he's from the future.

Tron - Tron's introductory disc fight, and the lightcycle race.

Dr. Strangelove - "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is a war room!"

In "Ran" when the delirious king searches for a knife to commit hari-kari on himself, but can't find one, instead stumbling out between two lines of soldiers who used to fight for him that are now invading his castle, and off into the fields.

Blade Runner - The replicant death scene. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." More proof that the most effective special effects are those in your head.

"All that Jazz" when they intercut scenes of men talking casually about a business deal regarding the main character with unflinching shots of an actual open-heart surgery being performed on the main character.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom's mine cart ride.

The Seven Samurai when Ichiro kills the bandit leader with the last of his strength. (I like the action in general in that movie; it's so brutal and unglamorous that it makes you hate war.)

And lastly...

Citizen Kane's famous "progression of time" sequence, ending with Kane's wife reading a competing newspaper.

Really, I could go on and on and on and on and on...

Last edited by DanSTC; January 30th, 2004 at 09:33 PM.
    Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Billy Madison: I loved about every scene from that movie. "I wanted a snack pack, why can't you just give me a SNACK PACK?!" "Billy, did you fall asleep by the pool...or did you pass out?"

"Its one of those flaming bags again!"
    "Don't forget your boots Fred!"
    "Don't tell me my business devil-woman! Call the fire department, this ones out of control! ....sniff sniff... Its dat poop again!"
    "He called the shit, 'poop'!"
    "I'll get you damn kids! You all gonna DIE!"

Thanks
    LOTR-ROTK - "for frodo..."

Fight Club - "The first rule of fight club is..."

Equilibrium - "no.....not without incident"

Band of Brothers(ok I know this is no movie) - the whole jewish camp scene..

Bowling for Columbine - when Micheal Moore leaves the little girl's picture in front of Charlton Heston's House

51st State - every scene rocks

After all, dog is a dog. A duck is a duck. But a cat is a person.

Thanks
    cabin fever.
    the whole freaking movie!! awesome
    film

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    The beginning of Waynes World. Two words. Bohemian Rhapsody

.: I am a Middle Class Member :.

Thanks
    Aven: Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest moments in movie history
    I used to be dj at a small pub here for some time with a friend of mine, and at ~3 am we'd always play that song and bang our heads like it was 1992
    I still got the video tape here, it's a terrible neon yellow. God, i was 11 when that came out... and i must have seen the movie at least 6 times in the last 12 years... along with Bill & Ted... i guess i'm conditioned to behave like an idiot. ROCK! VAN HALEN! AC/DC!

Edit: I just saw PhilHolland post about Road to Perdition and i had to add this, the scene when they arrive in chicago is brilliant; the shot in which the camera circles the car from front to back, showing first a bored tom hanks and kid, then the kid becomes aware of the city reflected in the windows, and finally the camera has turned around 180 degrees and reveals the skyline of the city... made me shiver.

Last edited by John; February 13th, 2004 at 06:24 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.