View Poll Results: Is my username easy to remember?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeaah

1 20.00%
  • What was it again?(no)

4 80.00%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    Thanks
    PieMonster: No way thanks so much man. I definitely see what you mean by structure now, especially when it comes to individual features like the neck nose and lips.

--
    forgot to update on here but I was accepted! wooo entertainment design. no new art to post though hahaha.
    follow me on tumblr!!
    Last edited by skMOP; July 1st, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to skMOP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    WHAT IS THIS A SKETCHBOOK?!
    =D
    You've come a long way, and your skmopbook is a testament to that.
    Keep up the good work and grats! *dissipates into the shadows*

Thanks
    Hey, congrats on getting into ACCD. Hope you get a nice scholarship. You have a great sketchbook here, and you've made a lot of progress, I'm sure you will do great in the ED program. Was going to apply for the fall term myself, but I never got around to working on my portfolio. Will have to amend that soon and apply for next fall. I'm sure if I work as hard as you, I'll also get in. Keep it up.
    Draw draw draw

Draw draw draw

Eric needs to DRAW DRAW DRAW

Do not Click Sketchy Sketchiness Do not Click

Deviantart page

Gotta sketchem all blog

Tumblr

Thanks
    I've seen your art studying progress from page 1 to this page. Wow! now your art skill very Awesome! GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks
    Ever since the whole Brad Rigney thing I've been on and off about posting here. But for now here's some stuff I've been doing. also more consistent updates on my blog if you have a tumblr.

Name:  13 4 1 space girl.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  313.1 KB

Name:  towers.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  467.9 KB

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  459.1 KB

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉
    sorry if any stuff is too big

Thanks
    Those hand studies are awesome! They make me want to do some myself

EDIT: I was about to go back and edit my post but then the site went down blahh Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats on Art Center!!! That's freaking awesome!
    Last edited by l'Aria; April 9th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
Ace work lately! Haven't checked your stuff in a loooong time and you've come a long way man! Great to see as well as very inspiring! I should get to those hand studies as well O_o

Thanks
    great work! Love the clinic environment. Thanks for the breakdown
    Let's make a lot of mistakes

SKETCHBOOK

Jakob Gorowski

ZbrushCentral

DeviantArt

Thanks
    Impressive sketchbook and i'm glad you got into Art center!

Thanks
    Wow there's some really awesome work here, I need to do more varied studies like this. And congrats on getting into Art Center! Did you do well enough with scholarships to go next fall?

Thanks
    congratz on the acceptance bro i knew u would get in and those hands are insane ur goin places!

Thanks
    Awesome paintings, liking the hand studies and the character of the last post
    Give us more!
    My Sketchbook
    Crits and help of any kind are more than welcome!

Thanks
    aria: thanks! keep in contact with your risd adventures

Dile: thaanks your stuff is kickass too

yemi775: thanks man

erysium: I got okay amount,about 40% of tuition. If it wasn't so dependent on EFC I would've gotten a lot more though I think. I've yet to meet someone with as high EFC as I had , even though we're pretty middle class. hopefully i can pick up some more scholarships as I go along and from outside sources.

Freshfool: thank you for the cheerleader

Avon: thanks!
    --
    ok so it seems like batch uploader isnt working so i'm just gonna link stuff from tumblr and hope that stuff never dies out. sorry for waiting so long between posts!

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉
    Last edited by skMOP; April 28th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 748 Posts
    Cool new stuff man, and congrats on the acceptance! I'm excited to see how your work will progress once you begin your studies there.

A few comments...

-The environment of the abandoned room in post 515, I like step 1 the most to be honest. I think you had a cool mood there and lost a bit of that in the final version, values and colours and edges are all a bit different and it lost that "something"... the change of the curtain too I don't really agree with, I like the older version like in step 5, looks great there. The end result is good too, but it would have been stronger if it was closer to the initial idea...I've been thinking a lot lately about lots of things in art, and one thing I keep coming back to is "the essence"...this is the most important thing I think. When doing a study it should not be exact, it should capture the essence. When doing a painting, you want to keep the essence of the original idea--the mood and the feel. Even if some things are a bit off, perspective, anatomy, it will still be strong if the essence is there. Craig Mullins talk a bit about this, not so directly, but he does talk about how with things like anatomy it can be "wrong" so long as it isn't too distracting, what you are really trying to get across is the main idea and feel of the image, things like anatomy and edges are tools that will help with this. Related to this is gesture, not just for the figure either, but it is the main movement, feel, rhythm, action--the essence of it--this is what must be captured. Hope that ramble makes a tiny bit of sense The "essence" and "simplify" are becoming my two mantras!

-Study smarter AND harder. You are already studying hard, but a few things can be done a bit more efficient;y/smartly. Your time is limited, how long you can study is limited (either by time in the day or your focus). So make it all count. It is great that you are doing the 100 exercise, it is something I always tell myself to do for some subject and never get around to. But it would do my lots of good. However, you are doing a few things that look like you are just trying to plow through to get that magic 100 number...or you are doing things that may not be necessary. Like with the skeletons, did you really need to draw all those ribs? Would an egg shape, or a box, or some other simplified construct not have been quicker and probably more beneficial? With the heads, what exactly were you focusing on? Would it have been better to practice more construction on some? And some more shape design? And maybe it would have been better to focus on some key things such as the form of the eye--you have drawn them all flat ad symbolic, but trying to feel the ball of the eye and the way the lids wrap around the ball and the thickness the lids have would be better...or to locate the planes of the nose more clearly. Maybe try drawing some heads small like that and some even smaller--see what the key information you need to put in is--can you leave some liens out and have it read well at a tiny size? Maybe draw a few a bit bigger, you can explore more complex ideas then. Maybe try drawing some different races of people, and seeing what it is that identifies them with a particular culture (besides something as obvious as skin colour). Epicanthic fold? Shallow or deep brow? Wide nose wings? Rounder face? Prominent forehead? etc Just a few thoughts...just because you are drawing 100 of the same object does not mean you have to draw all 100 the same way!

-In the last image with the guy on the ship under the overpass...maybe focus a bit more on design and clarity. Those supports for the overpass are a bit clunky, maybe get some reference, you can also consider repeating them, in fact, a large part of the overpass seems to be floating. What are those things in the water? Maybe clarify them. The design of the front of the ship looks over bare. What does the front of a shop actually look like? What things would be on there? Would those boxes really be placed there (would they not get in the way?)? Would the navigation system really be on the front deck, or would it more likely be inside a control room on the ship? What is next to the guy standing there--I thought it was a garbage bag at first, but now I think it is an alien. Try to always ask yourself many many many questions, and then resolve them in as clear a manner as you can.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    andrew motherfucking sonea

Thanks
    Hey man. Well done with those heads, looking great and show a lot of discipline. Post 494 is very cool.
    Sketchbook
    Tutorials Conceptart links for tutorials, guides "and more."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skMOP View Post
    andrew motherfucking sonea
    this xD Hahahahahaha.

I really like your work; your brushwork, colours and creativity are pretty sweet! Love your perspective things too. I think you just need that extra oomph as Andrew said. Take in that push he's encouraging you to go for, and you will reach the next level. I'm gonna check out your tumblr, I'm stoked to see you get even better!
    sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'

Thanks
    Loving your sketchbook. In particular your outdoor scenes have a great sense of atmosphere. I love the mountain in #523!

Thanks
    Great concepts mate. You've got a good feel for design, keep at it!

Thanks
    Nice work, Lots of improvement here.

The face studies are really nice.

Thanks
    ur sketchbook is really inspiring!! You improved alot since your started this thread man! i saw all your post and I was amazing with the improvement!!
    You did all this studies with autonomy? Or you went to art school? Still is awesome xD
    Show me some monsteeeeeers!!!!

Sketchbook Blog Tumblr!

Thanks
    Thanks for all the love but I only frequent here occasionally now. If you're interested in keeping up with any of my work you can follow me on TUMBLR or like my page on FACEBOOK. Also just send an ask on tumblr and I can usually reply pretty quickly!
    --

Bixyz: Up until now its all been "self taught" (with help from numerous books and videos) but I'll be starting at Art Center in a couple of weeks.

Heres some stuff I've done over the last months or so
    skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

skMOPBOOK! ☉_☉

Thanks
    yee buddy! keep kickin ass! good luck starting school, you'll be leaving us all in the dust soon enough

• Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.