Laguna College of Art and Design?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Laguna College of Art and Design?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Laguna College of Art and Design?

It's cheaper than the other art schools in my area, and they offer a Game Art major (which is what I've been dying to do) - but the major itself is only in it's third year. The school is small, with nearly a 1-10 teacher/student ratio.

Anyone out there know anything about it personally? I've gone to their open house, had a portfolio review, and met a lot of the instructors and deans of each major. One of my professors at the community college warned me against this school because it was 'too small' and networking would be nearly impossible. Think that is true? I'm still unsure of what I'll plan on doing, but I figure I should go to a school that will teach me what I need rather than cave and go to Cal State and major in something like illustration if that's not what I want to do.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how much help this will be, but I was told that if I enjoy having my teachers be apart of my life and knowing almost everyone that goes there, then the experience at LCAD would be more enjoyable than going to a bigger school. If you would rather have anonymity, a bigger school would probably be better. My AP art class just had Michael Jacques come visit Friday and it seems decent. However, I wasn't completely sold. But one of my classmates took the portfolio class that Michael Jacques taught last year, and he's totally in love with the school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you read the LCAD thread? There's a ton of blog links and some miscellaneous information in there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I go there right now, let me just say even though it's only in it's third year, the work coming out of the Game Design program is fabulous!! One of the more interesting majors at LCAD, and very impressive to see what they've done with it in such little time, I can't wait to see it mature even more as a major as time goes by.

In my opinion, the small size works to *your* advantage, my classes usually only have about 15 students, so the prof.s come around and can spend a good half hour individually helping you, it's pretty chill.

Members who have read this thread: 1