Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Arrow Final Fantasy Discussion...

FFX

Little bit older but how many have played it.
    Character design is good but their clothes sucked.
    Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; January 28th, 2004 at 11:37 AM.
    i am removed

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I liked the game A lot...I haven't beaten it yet so no spoilers !

I liked the clothing design in the game a lot also. Actually thats what I like about Square in general, they don't do the typical generic D&D/Madmax B.S. ...

What didn't you like about those designs?

-Joshua

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    uh, i personally though the villages had steller character design. Tidus' outfit didn't do much for me, but luna OMG *cyberfaint*

Thanks
    Riku was always the hottie in my books.
    Tidus and Wakka were chumps.

Great designs...

Bad game.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    Bad Game?

It was obviously far from a bad game. Now RTX Red Rock NOW that, THAT is a bad game!

-Joshua
    Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; January 28th, 2004 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Rikku had awesome clothing design! shes was one of the best Square-made characters in my eyes, right next to zell and vivi

Thanks
    bad game? some one cant beat it can they. Dont get pissed at the game TAOSTER. I like the carecter desine compared to the previous versions but the cloths just didnt stricke my fancy.
    the hottest one is Rikku i will agree to that (blinks. wait these are fictional charecters that we are saying are hot . hows that going to work)
    What you guys think about the monsers of this game
    i am removed

Thanks
    I don't have a PS2, so I haven't played it, but I did buy the DVD from Hong Kong that had the whole game played so that you could see the story line.

Personally I love the Clothing designs. Joshua hit it head on, Square made up their own style of fantasy, not just re-using Tolken's definition.

I still think that Lulu had the best clothes. A dress made out of belts and most importantly, heaps o' clevage :love:
    .: I am a Middle Class Member :.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks
    Not me....

-Joshua

Thanks
    what are some of u guys' fav video games???
    Mine have to be

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
    Tales of destiny 2
    FF series (duh)

u guys?

Thanks
    die_with_honor,

Sorry I hijacked your thread and made it into a general FF discussion.

...I also cleaned it up.

-Joshua

Thanks

Question

Has anyone played the FF Tactics for the GameBoy Advance?

-Joshua

Thanks
    Yeah!
    FF Tactics Advance is a great game.

It is such a crazy timesink...
    Seriously you can start playing it at 6:00 and the next time you look up the sun will be rising.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    I like the artist for ffx,ff8, etc. more than the guy who did ff9 and some of the early ones. I like the whole modern fantasy approach, keeping aspects of traditional fantasy with alot of futuristic touches. Although, the character designs from ffxii seemed abit close to the previous work.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Toaster
    Yeah!
    FF Tactics Advance is a great game.

It is such a crazy timesink...
    Seriously you can start playing it at 6:00 and the next time you look up the sun will be rising.

-toasty =)
    lol

Thanks
    Best game in the series for me was probably #7. #8 had my personal favorite art direction. Second best game in the series was probably #6.

#10 is the most solid overall in presentation and everything, but the story has something lacking compared to 6 & 7...there's also a lot of awkward stuff in the game that I can't get over.

Of course, the best FF-related game overall to me was Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation. (Not the kiddie-fied challenge-less GBA version. Though if you want something with some actual challenge, get Tactics: Ogre advance.) I've actually been playing it one hell of a lot recently, actually.
    Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Originally posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES

I liked the clothing design in the game a lot also. Actually thats what I like about Square in general, they don't do the typical generic D&D/Madmax B.S. ...
    No, they do the generic techno-magic B.S. (Which is a bit more of a Japanese anime cliche.) At least they have been since #6, at any rate.
    They're still good and quite stylish, if not the most original in their world design.

What really bugs me are the character designs, though. When Yoshitaka Amano was doing the bulk of the costume design, it was great, since he has an excellent sense of period design and baroque styling.

I don't like the other guy's character design stuff too much though (his name escapes me at the moment) who once admitted he gets the majority of his ideas from Japanese fashion magazines...which explains why his characters always come out looking like Japanese metrosexual fashion-plates.
    Last edited by DanSTC; January 28th, 2004 at 11:45 PM.
    Art student

Thanks
    one of
    most favorite games is the dynastywarriors series
    i am removed

Thanks
    Originally posted by die_with_honor
    one of
    most favorite games is the dynastywarriors series
    Meh, I enjoyed too, but ultimately found it repetitive and pretty flawed. (The biggest flaw being that damn draw distance that cuts down on the feel of an otherwise epic battle...) A great concept to be sure, but I feel like they should reinvent and refine it a bit more.

Personally I find the Romance of the Three Kingdoms history that it's based on more interesting than the actual game. Also, there are some classic RotTK strategy games out there that are definately worth checking out.
    Art student

Thanks
    I have Romance of the three kingdoms 8 it is more interesting. But can get boring if you play it too much. Its not to hands on,so i prefer Dynasty Warriors
    i am removed

Thanks
    Ahh. FFX didn't do it for me. The story is non-sensical, the voice acting is horrendous (okay, maybe only Tidus) and the main character, Tidus, is badx100. The only good thing I thought it had the Grid system (and the uber FMVs).

Now FFX-2, is bad. It'll be remembered as the FF that failed miserablly. The graphics are like 100X worse than FFX and the animation is less smooth, especailly in battle sequences. The story made LESS sense than FFX(a diffcult feat to achieve) and you only get 3 non interesting characters(okay not Paine) the whole game which = less character interaction.

My favirout FF is FF7, I'm obessed with the story....and the characters. Maybe its because its the first FF I ever played...but what the heck...its my personal faviorute. I also liked the music...

FF8 was fairly good... the whole reference to Romero and Juilet and the plot twist got me going. The battle system, in my opinion, was horrendous. The FMVs were ground breaking for PS and the music was good as well...

FF9 I just started like 3 days ago and I'm nearing completion. The steampunk-fantasy thingy I thought was interesting, at first I thought the Chibi characters were retarded but they turned out to be okay. One of the main villians Kuja, in my opinion was a straight rip of Sephrioth. They just chibi-fied him and shoved him into FF9. The Active Time Event thing was kinda interesting, so you won't be forced to watch all the stuff on your second time through. The card game was a rip of Triple Traid, I never played it save for one instance where you had to. All in all it was a fairly good FF, now all I have to do is finish it....
    "BANG! You're dead Max Payne."

Thanks
    Actually FFX-2 is in my opinion a great game. I moaned and groaned all about the j-popishness and girl power gameplay... until I played and had fun. The battle system is great! I seriously think its one game that many people will brazenly say they dislike, but run home to secretly play it.

-toasty =)

Thanks
    Nah. A engaging storyline is what I play FF series for. The story in FFx-2 made me wanna blow chunks (however, Paine, Gippal, Nooj and Baralei's side story I thought was really good). The battle system was definatily not as good as FFX sphere gird, the garment grid was neigh-uselss I never travelled through the sphere for abilites, only base abilities that comes with the grid I used. The jump key was useless and the mini quests weren't all that interesting...especailly on your second time through because you want to get 100%.

Thanks
    wha? I haven't played FF2 ^^' I only played FFx-2. The main characters are 3 girls (the first game in FF history to have a female as the main character. FF6 doesn't count.)

Thanks
    I sold my PS2 because the only games that remotely liked was Devil May Cry. It just seems that FF games keep getting crappier since FF7. Man, I loved that game.

Thanks
    Final Fantasy 6 holds the crown over all other Final Fantasys. Especially everything past 7. In fact after 7, all they did was re-do the other stories with 3D graphics and a modern cliche. Look at 8, a second moon that was evil? Can you say FF 4? Ugh...8 was so bad I want to cry. FF 9 was a redo of FF 1. Although alot of 10 is just redos, I have to say it is better than 8 and 9. Basically it comes down to this, FF 6 owns all.

And Amano (the guy who designed 1-6 and 9) had so much better designs than Nomura's (7,8, and 10). In fact Amano is so great they still had him do designs for 7,8, and 10. Have you looked at the titles? That's him still. That's how much he rocks. Even when they use someone else, they still use him.

Thanks
    Actually i didnt have to big problems with the clothing in FFX exept for those NPC's with wakka like clothes.

Though in FF X2 they have some really cool original clothing. =)
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Thanks
    Btw. FFVII is the best game ever made in my opinion, The music is perfect, The characters are new and original. The story is great with slot of shifting. Long game with alot of changes too. Dunno.. i just cant let that game go.

FF8 is the worst one of them IMO.

FF9 was also REALLY good, i loved it with alot of sidequests and newb big cool world. Characters got a new refreshing look and, yeah, its great.

FFX. Did'nt like it in the start mostly because of the spehere grid and all that, but now i think its a really good game, once you get used to it =). also alot of sidequests.

FF X-2 A little short, but with the extreme amount of things you can change and do, makes it actually really long. Diffrent endings and a cool character design ( with pure women ) makes it good.

Have'nt played so much of the earlier FF's since the first one i bought was FF7 for PSX. though i have anthology and origins so i guess i will play em trugh some day =)
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Thanks
    Originally posted by Calle_
    Btw. FFVII is the best game ever made in my opinion, The music is perfect, The characters are new and original. The story is great with slot of shifting. Long game with alot of changes too. Dunno.. i just cant let that game go.

FF8 is the worst one of them IMO.

FF9 was also REALLY good, i loved it with alot of sidequests and newb big cool world. Characters got a new refreshing look and, yeah, its great.

FFX. Did'nt like it in the start mostly because of the spehere grid and all that, but now i think its a really good game, once you get used to it =). also alot of sidequests.

FF X-2 A little short, but with the extreme amount of things you can change and do, makes it actually really long. Diffrent endings and a cool character design ( with pure women ) makes it good.

Have'nt played so much of the earlier FF's since the first one i bought was FF7 for PSX. though i have anthology and origins so i guess i will play em trugh some day =)
    I agree with you 99% just cause i haven't played X-2...

I hated Squall, and his nonchalant attitude, always responding with "....", i liked the other chracters but hated the story...

7 is the best and my faorite followed extremely close by X..and 9 was also fun as hell...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast