Cecile

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Cecile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cecile

Hi everyone
    I finish the illustration of one of my favourite reggae artists, She is Cecile, from Jamaica. Here is.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Is this a W.I.P.? You made the head way too small. The waist was also made a bit small. The arm on the right is crooked. The lines on the outside weren't cleaned up very well. The wristband she is wearing has nothingness inbetween the yellow stripes. A lot of things here weren't rendered well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's whay I'm here!! I dont know what's is a W.I.P, I didnt looked for a hiperrealistic rendering, I looked for sort of a Manga Style.. So I exaggerate some things...Sorry If you dont like, But I just learning to do things..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I appreciate your critique too, Mybe the next time I do carefully....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    W.I.P. means 'work in progress', i.e. unfinished. The only sense this could be said to be finished is if you've had enough of it and want to do something else. I mean obvious things such as (as already mentioned) the centre part of the wristband not being painted, leaving her with a severed hand (surely not the intention?)

I really don't see any 'Manga Style' in this...

To be brutally honest, she looks like she's been melted. Her face is tiny, her arm is all wobbly, her feet merge into each other.

Really there are very many things which could be listed, like the extremely long and thin index finger, but I think it's probably enough just to say that you need to spend more time observing things.

The lower half of her looks very unfinished (what is the white line around her for?)

The skin is probably the most successful part. The other colours look rather washed-out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Study anatomy. Learn where everything goes, what the proportions are. It's not until you know how and where everything is placed that you can start deforming and "exaggerating" them. The only bit of manga I can see you have attempted in this pic is the tiny waist and the big balloon breasts. Other than that it's an awkward mix between cartoon and realism.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Adrian devine for your large reply, I apreciate so much, sorry about my english, I'm not a native speaker, so maybe there are some words bad written. Really I think you are in true when you say that, I need to see carefully first and before drawing anything. I need to analyse things, which are the proportions, etc. I will put more effort the next time.
    Thanks Lhune too for your comment, The same reply to Adrian, I'll try to learn the proportions.
    The other issues is because is the first time that I try to paint one picure in layers, the other times I painted in only one layer, This time I used other method, That's why I failled so much and I couldn't arrive to something positive. I need to put more effort and learn. Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccp85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ccp85 View Post
    The other issues is because is the first time that I try to paint one picure in layers, the other times I painted in only one layer, This time I used other method, That's why I failled so much and I couldn't arrive to something positive.
    Different people use layers in different ways, and with more experience you'll learn how to make them work for you rather than against you. But don't be a slave to whatever layer set up you might start out with - if you find that later on it's working against you then do some flattening.

The way I do things (not that you should do things the way I do, but lots of people do something similar) is that I often create a new layer for whatever changes I'm making, and then when I'm happy with them, I flatten it (I have to, or my computer starts to complain pretty bad). And repeat that 100 times. I'll probably also have some things that are on separate layers all the time, to be balanced when the image is more complete.

There are hundreds of ways to use layers, and it's good to experiment with them, but in the end it's all about finding out what gives you the best results. I believe you should mix and match techniques in whatever way is best for the image you're currently working on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her fingers are too skinny and her face looks like she's digging her chin into her neck, also I think that you drew her hair going straight down, when it goes out more at an angle. Also, her eyebrow is too slanted and she looks really angry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The shapes of her head and the left arm are looking strange.
    The face isn't similar to the first picture.
    You've just a lot of work :-)

http://www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks people for the critics, I'll try to improve for your good comments!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well. I think you will be bettet nex time, just do what the members say. it help me a lot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Triangulation is the art of making estimated measurements based on reference points. When copying a photo try to first simplify the major negative and positive spaces. Forget that you are drawing a person and simply reduce your understanding to basic shapes (triangles, squares, rectangles, tetrahedrons).

When you figure out the basic division of your space (composition) use it as reference for the rest of your drawings.

Here is a little paint over to show you what i mean.

PM me if you have any questions.

I would suggest working in black and white. If you stick to black and white for a few months you approach color better when you start.

thats my 2cents.

Attached Images Attached Images  

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Than you very much lolbbq, I didnt read your reply so fr. I'm impressed, I like your estructure, I tried always to do this measure, but sometimes I am impatient and I want to finish the sketch part quiclky, The next time I will try to do in a slower way. Yhanks

Members who have read this thread: 1