ANATOMY FOR ARTISTS: with Marshall Vandruff (taught J Sweet, K Llewellyn me and... - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    miss the class, will definitely get the on-demand. hope the new class tech/ interface is as easy if not better to use than the previous one. struggling with anatomy, look forward to this class!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Workshop. I feel like I have a good method to tackle my anatomy studies.

Thanks Marshall !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could someone please explain what i do next?
    This is my first time here and I have just purchased the class, what do I do next?
    Do I follow the link to that Java Application or someone mentioned something about 'on demand'.
    I am a bit confused by all this live streaming thing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    bolow, since they are using new technology for this, it will take a while before they get the on demand video uploaded. On demand means that you can replay the videos that were recorded during the live show. You just have to be patient as they figure stuff out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'v just purchased it hoping that the on demand vids would hopefully be up, seems not so far, should i stick around and wait for them or ask for a possible refund and pay up when the on demand vids are available?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the info.
    Judging by all the comments its going to be worth the wait

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THis course was the bomb... It is a great introduction course to anatomy with great tips how to keep studying it. I'm definitely emailing the CA staff that I want more from Mr. Vandruff, I'm assuming I won't be the only one Yay let's get Marshall back!

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
    -Anonymous

Jussi Tarvainen

BLOG

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by skaven View Post
    I'v just purchased it hoping that the on demand vids would hopefully be up, seems not so far, should i stick around and wait for them or ask for a possible refund and pay up when the on demand vids are available?
    Skaven, You might as well wait. Just like the rest of us. Im sure it will be worth it. Trust me, I've been watching the streams and got many of the downloads. MB never dissapoints!

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Marshall's class is now ON DEMAND!!

We appreciate your patients with our technical issues.

If you haven't seen this class yet it was very much worth the wait!

Enjoy!

Scooter and CA staff

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot Scooter!

I'm having some playback issues. When I want to see something at 3h 34min it needs to stream a minute or two...okay, that's normal. But then I want to hop back to 3h it needs to stream AGAIN for a while until it plays that part. Is that normal?

I know you guys are working on the tech and that you're figuring it out, but I still wanted to let you know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LostFayth View Post
    Thanks a lot Scooter!

I'm having some playback issues. When I want to see something at 3h 34min it needs to stream a minute or two...okay, that's normal. But then I want to hop back to 3h it needs to stream AGAIN for a while until it plays that part. Is that normal?

I know you guys are working on the tech and that you're figuring it out, but I still wanted to let you know.
    aye, that is how it has been. If you think about it, DVD´s do the same, just a little faster. Think of it as rewinding and fast forwarding

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hive_minD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ConceptArt.Org View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals!

Marshall's class is now ON DEMAND!!

We appreciate your patients with our technical issues.

If you haven't seen this class yet it was very much worth the wait!

Enjoy!

Scooter and CA staff
    hey guys

i'm new to all this, i just paid for the course and hoping to watch it on demand, but how does it work? is there a link to the On Demand version because I can't find it. Many thanks

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by frooshantay View Post
    hey guys

i'm new to all this, i just paid for the course and hoping to watch it on demand, but how does it work? is there a link to the On Demand version because I can't find it. Many thanks

cheers
    CA.org LIVE STREAMING AND ON DEMAND PRESENTATIONS > Anatomy for Artists by Marshall Vandruff- NOW ON DEMAND > (type in password) > click on the right forum. There should be a link there, might have to dowload java. and a screen should come up where the class will play automatically

Hope you understood that, if not I can explain even closer detail!

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, the new tech is soooo much better. Especially for on demand! I can let the video stream over night and watch all of it with out wait and buffering the next day. I really hope to see all the other classes on there soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

On Demand how?

Please point me to the right forum link, or fill me in on how On Demand works (It's always locked and needs admin password?). I missed the workshop for life drawing last week, and I had the impression we could still catch it on this "On Demand" thing for cost? Please fill me in I would very much like to see it (If I need to purchase a password, no problem, just how/where?).
    Thanks

Last edited by digitalgannon; November 21st, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Jonathan Nascone
    Digital Artsit
    http://www.digitalgannon.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's because you need to purchase access to it first.... go here:

http://www.conceptartstore.com/anforar.html

and follow the instructions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much

Jonathan Nascone
    Digital Artsit
    http://www.digitalgannon.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am in marshall's animal drawing class this semester and will be checking the hell out of this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pixeltuner View Post
    Holy handgrenade Batman, his anatomy lessons in ImagineFx are always amazing. I'll be there
    i like it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

To Jason, Marshall and all the great guys and gals at CA.org that made it happen.

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed Marshall's workshop. I'm in the UK so attending one of his courses for me is not an option. I was also recently disappointed when I tried to buy his DVD's to find that due to shipping costs the company that supply them cancelled my order. So you arranging this and making it a reasonable price is super fantastic.

I didn't make it to the live broadcast but I still felt like I was right there in Marshall's class. Also being able to watch it again and again as many times as I want for 30 days makes it even better value as I am able to take my time to absorb everything I saw and heard; and with each viewing I learn even more. The new tech you have put in place is also really impressive. I managed to attend your first live demo on Freelancing and its amazing to see how far you've come in such a short time.

Anyway you are busy peeps and I don't want to hold you all up, but please if possible arrange for more Marshall workshops. I think it is the only way I will be able to understand Bridgman! I am not well off but I am willing to spend whatever I have to get the best training and support from CA.org.

Your achievements are outstanding and I wish you more to come.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, not sure where to post this but I am having major technical problems with the new tech. I just paid for the class and followed all of the instructions, I got the player to load up but when the video starts playing I get a Blue screen of death saying DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and I then have to restart my computer, it happens as soon as the video starts to play and I have no idea how to fix it.

Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 11,289 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    missing can you please email your tech specs and browser version to scooterATmassiveblack.com as he can work with Zack and the tech firm to get it resolved. Not sure what it is but I will forward the comment to them as well.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Missing I've never heard of this issue happening to anyone who used our tech thus far. Included in the txt doc you got when you purchased the class was a direct link to Eluminates forums and FAQ.That would be the best place to start looking for a solution. I'll talk to our IT and see if he has any suggestons.

Thanks,

Scooter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried downloading an updated version of java and I thought I fixed everything...and then I got the blue screen of death a minute and a half into the video.

Last edited by themissinglink; November 26th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of your Drivers is most-likely corrupted and you need to remove one of the recent ones you've downloaded.

I had this happen to me a few months ago and it was due to an nVidia Driver I'd recently downloaded.

Either do a System Recovery Reboot or just delete any video drivers you may have downloaded recently. You will also have to clean out the registry cache - try using Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, it worked for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What a great class! Marshall explains everything extremely clearly (and entertainingly), I finally feel like I understand certain parts of the body that have just escaped me for the longest time. All the stuff on Bridgman was pure gold. Thanks for taking the time to do this, I hope to be able to take another class sometime .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is the on demand running until december 19th or is it another date?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mimer View Post
    is the on demand running until december 19th or is it another date?
    Same question !

I would like to watch it again before it gets pulled off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The course includes over 200 slides of great art with commentary and comparisons between anatomy plates and finished works.

The course showcases the work and teaching of George Bridgman, and his influence on illustrators such as Frank Frazetta.

The roots of creative anatomy shall be revealed this weekend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So... I managed to weasel an early Christmas gift out of my girlfriend and snagged this before it comes down...

And by the maker, was it worth it. It made the collection of anatomy books I've acquired turn from frustrating and near useless to holding obscene amounts of promise. Including understanding Bridgman's little toe. I think that by itself covers the cost.

My first experience with the new tech as well, and it seems better in just about every way, a very good investment. I also love that the chat gets saved, since I usually can't catch the live schedule it makes it seem more alive and holds attention better. Only one thing that was a pain... and that's rewinding, especially as you get further into it and near the end... Guessing it's a limitation of the tech, but having to wait for the entire lecture to be reprocessed just to catch those ten seconds of lost words because the phone rang... frustrating =P Still, hands down better than livestream.

Anyway, to mention the content again, excellent. Not sure how much longer this is up, but if you are looking for the means by which to build a strong foundation in anatomy... or how to interpret the various anatomy books usually suggested... or to get pointed to some more excellent ones... some analysis of the application of it, such as in Frazetta... or how to construct your own training regiment. This will definitely be of use =)

Marshall as well was excellent, engaging, humorous and very knowledgeable. All the questions were superbly answered. I'd definitely purchase another lecture if he returns... even if I had to turn to *ahem* street arts.

Next on my list to get: The Point of View Stream

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

Sketchbook: Critique greatly appreciated =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4