Seeking landscape artist for small images (digital)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Seeking landscape artist for small images (digital)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Seeking landscape artist for small images (digital)

EDIT November 9/09

I am closing this for now, while we try out a couple of the talented artists who have contacted us, to see if they make a good fit with the site. There are still a couple more artists who applied that I may contact in the near future.

I may be seeking more artists again soon however, and will re-open this thread at that time!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................
    EDIT: Thanks goes out to everyone who has contacted me with portfolios, etc. I have received a very large number of applications, so I am sorry but I won't be able to respond to everyone, only to the person(s) I choose to discuss the job with further.

I'd like to reiterate that when you contact me about the job, it's really important to include your estimated price range and some RELEVENT examples! If all you send me are comic inking examples there is no possible way that I can tell if you would be able to do this particular job or not, since it does not relate to comic inking XD

Also please note I am looking for fairly detailed images, not something in a more loose, painterly style. I have received a lot of examples that look really great, but far too vague for the actual level of detail required for my site.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................
    I'm seeking a scenic artist to do a few small traditional-style digital landscapes (forgive me if I'm confusing, I don't know all the correct terms!) for my website.

Khimeros.com is a 2-D virtual pet site/breeding sim, however we do not have the typical cell-shaded, cartoony type of art. I am seeking small scenic pieces, 600 x 500 px finished size to use in the "environments" that display behind our site pets.

We have a number of different layers that all work together to form these "environments" but we are in need of more "foreground" layers.

A few examples of environments equipped to pets:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...stingwave1.png
    http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...tifulchild.png
    http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...0nyx/rasha.png

As you can see there are a number of layers such as rain, sunset clouds, lightning, etc that can be used with the same foreground layer, in this case the "marsh" foreground. We are seeking more foregrounds done in a similar style with at *least* as much detail (or more). It's really imperative that you are able to match the *style* of our art.

Finished images should be provided in .png or .psd format.

I can provide more examples of our art style upon request.

Please contact me at admin@khimeros.com with examples of your work, as well as what kind of pay you would be seeking. If you don't have anything in your portfolio that is at all similar to what we are seeking, please at least show us several different styles of digital painting (we can't really tell if you would be right for the job without seeing some kind of relevant examples). This job pays in USD, through paypal.

Thank you for your interest!

-Onyx

Last edited by Khimeros; November 9th, 2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Position is tentatively filled as of November 9

Members who have read this thread: 1