First Ortho
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: First Ortho

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First Ortho

This is the first ortho I'd ever done, as well as practice with colored pencils and anatomy (sort of)
    I know that this is something that I'll probably need to do in the future so I'd like to get an outside opinion on it:

Last edited by Voleman; November 7th, 2009 at 03:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It would be better if you could post a bigger image so we can see more of your drawing. I would also suggest staying away from graph paper, I'm guessing you are using it for proportions, but it's better if you learn to judge proportion based on parts of the body itself.

Right off the bat I can say that your poses looks really stiff and there is a lack of structure. You'll greatly benefit from practicing life drawing to get a better knowledge of the human anatomy. The had for instance looks to be a different shape between the first and second pose. The gap between the legs looks too wide, and the ribcage seems to be too high, just to name a few things.

The best thing you can do at this point is to take a life drawing class and invest a lot of your time in learning how to draw the human anatomy. After you can draw a person well, you can manipulate them into demons, monsters, or whatever you please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Avvatar View Post
    Right off the bat I can say that your poses looks really stiff and there is a lack of structure. You'll greatly benefit from practicing life drawing to get a better knowledge of the human anatomy. The had for instance looks to be a different shape between the first and second pose. The gap between the legs looks too wide, and the ribcage seems to be too high, just to name a few things.

The best thing you can do at this point is to take a life drawing class and invest a lot of your time in learning how to draw the human anatomy. After you can draw a person well, you can manipulate them into demons, monsters, or whatever you please!
    Thanks! I never really noticed all of that stuff, I've been only recently been practicing anatomy which is why I wanted a crit. I appreciate the feedback

Classes are something that I've been wanting to look into but I have a hard time making myself actually do it. It's too easy to fall into doing only what you want to do..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.