Don't want to get conceptart.org newsletters?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Don't want to get conceptart.org newsletters?

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,551 Times in 2,163 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Don't want to get conceptart.org newsletters?

This site has become incredibly expensive to run. Pushing closer to six figures a month with every spike in traffic, which has broken records every month since April. I can no longer afford to pay for it myself, not even close, and this community must continue to support itself with educational content as we are, or I have to lock it up and make it private, or close the doors completely. Either this site supports itself or we are done here.

That being said, every time you use this site we pay. If you do not like getting an email once a week to let you know about all our extremely valid learning programs which CA's funds go right back into keeping this site up and running and moving forward, then I will simply ban your account and close your ability to post here.

I find it extremely disappointing that folks sign up, accept the email options, and then complain if they get notified about some amazing class a world famous artist is giving their time to teach and support this communitiy or if they get an update on all the great art posted here.

CA has been run out of the goodness of heart from hundreds of volunteers over the past eight years. Don't want to see CA get support? Then you don't need to be here.

Thanks for the understanding. If you still want no emails, just post here in this thread and I will ban you personally for wasting my time and the community's money. Banned users don't get emails.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, calm down! You're going to get an ulcer. I just made a donation - good job on the new donation arrangement!

Christine
    West Seattle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes I support CA.org (I've bought DVD's, a couple of downloadables). But seriously, I do not want your newsletter. I think your attitude is regrettable, but I'm not going to pretend that I want to spend my time challenging you on that.

I use this site very very sporadically nowadays, perhaps I would have used it more if I did not find that the site had such a high noise to signal ratio. Mostly I come back to check up on what you sell in your store.

So here goes: Please ban me (delete my account whatever). Because I do not want your mails anymore.

Thank you.
    /Magnus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree with zaphod. cool site. cool resource. maybe instead of being a drama queen about the newsletter you could just add a wee unsubscribe option to it. sites can be expensive, and congrats if yours is getting enough traffic to be expensive. i'd like to remain a member, but if banning me is the only way to stop the newsletters ('unknown sender'? you can do better, man) then please, PLEASE, count me out as well. good luck in the future.
    severalatoms

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pls ban me and exclude me from ALL email lists (in case there is more than 1). It seems that the 2 members above me are still not banned. And I can still log in after I said I want to be banned. Just curious.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    asked you to stop sending me newsletters in... WOW, was that novemeber? still receiving your 'unknown source' emails. site still looks good, props for getting around gmail's spam filter, and, oh yeah, stop sending me newsletters!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ferfuxsake...........

hey! cockgoblin! site=good, art=good, blahblahblahnwhatnot... howbout making good on that promise to finally stop sending me your anonemail, because i don't want it! i'm sorry to take such an abusive tone, but if you're so worried about the bandwidth money your poor, successful site is costing you, why not take a step and ban me from your crazy, anonymous newsletter, and i won't have to visit here asking for this again! phase 2 shall be incindiary cartoons about how angry your newsletter makes me, which i will upload in HUGE files, which will cost even more bandwidth. gah!!!
    peace and 'goodluck', in the tone i only use for people i hope to gaaawd i will never receive another newsletter from....
    severalatoms

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think a weeks ban to actually read the instructions on how to stop them above is in order. 4 posts in 18 months and all whining.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

and yet....

dear london woman with the lovely, self-indulgent self-portrait:
    explain. please, explain.
    (i think) conceptart.org once supplied an unsubscribe link in its newsletters, which was completely fake, and then just removed it entirely.
    i've repeatedly googled "unsubscribe concept art", only to find this sad scrap of forumage: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=168008 change my email?? no!
    while i see this here Inter-Net as a fantastic opportunity to push my meager visual offerings in the world's face, i have no interest in doing so through a site that continuously sends anyone emails labeled '(unknown sender)'.
    maybe i'm completely daft, maybe i overlooked something very obvious and have been fighting this fight for no reason, maybe this is the true oasis that so many artists in idaho have been seeking. maybe our boy jay-man is a complete jackass for ignoring my simple request to not send me any more newsletters. i don't want them. i invite jayson manley, or, as he seems to be too busy, Black Spot, email me, show me said 'intructions', and get this shite out of my inbox. otherwise, i plan to start making use of my conceptart account to post numorous, bandwidth-eating cartoons about how much i dislike this harassment. grrrrahhh!

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Edit options is the one to use (all boxes are automatically ticked), or you could change your email address to a throwaway made up one.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello.

I had an old account here. The username is unknown, but must be something like 'BloodRayne<x>'.
    I used it to find conceptartists for the Hexen:Edge of Chaos game. It was registered under almost the same emailadress that I registered this account on, but a differnet domain.

I am receiving newsletters and due to my changing interests do not longer want to receive them.

I tried to login under my old account, but I cannot.
    I tried to retreive the password for it, but it does not get mailed.
    I tried to email webmaster, it bounces.
    I tried to create a new thread in support, it gets deleted automatically.

Could someone contact me, I can give them the emailaddress for my old account so that it gets reset and I can change my email preferences?
    I don't want that account to be banned!
    I don't want this account to be banned either, I need it as it's the only possible way to be in contact with you guys.

Please don't get frustrated, I've done nothing to deserve that.

Last edited by basdezwart; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Double post (CA doesn't like firefox

Last edited by basdezwart; January 3rd, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

BloodRayne Guest
    With a lot of fiddling and searching I have found the account and have managed to log in.

Things to note:

- Retreive PW function does not work
    - Webmaster@conceptart.org does not work

I have changed the email settings in this account.

Cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 4