Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    So this is what the dude from Superbad did after the movie...

Amazing though how these are so camoflauged. Makes me wonder what some of these children's books might have subliminal drawings.

Might as well get these out of the way... el oh el, Oh em gee, ar oh eff friigin' el... all that jazz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    hm, have you seen disney's attempt? they created a whole golden palace with a subliminal drawing in the little mermaid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    the first one still looked like a penis, just inside that guy's mouth

Thanks
    yay no youtube in china
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sepulverture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I... I think I've found my true calling in life.
    MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    wait, you guys don't do this with every piece you do?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ohh, that was COOL!

seriusly.. it was.

Thanks
    This is...interesting?
    Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    This is...interesting?
    Referring to your Signature... Well they do have a safety... And they might be in a warfare situation...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepulverture View Post
    yay no youtube in china
    poor china. Don't worry by 2020 the US will be speaking Chinese.

Thanks
    One of my classmate's uncles apparently was one of the artists at Disney who proliferated this; I thought it was hilarious.

valuable art tutorial video (nudity)
    valuable art tutorial video (nudity)
    Last edited by drd; November 5th, 2009 at 06:15 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    left handed people have issues.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    The little mermaid was Disney's rock bottom imao, so I don't blame them for drawing dicks everywhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepulverture View Post
    yay no youtube in china
    you tube and facebook....sigh.......
    I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    poor china. Don't worry by 2020 the US will be speaking Chinese.
    that still wont allow us to view youtube here...

and by 2020, maybe you guys wont be able to either...

btw...

@Sepulverture...here's the chinese version of youtube: www.youku.com
    It could help you feed your video clip watching hunger..
    they have tons of similar sites but this one has a search engine that accepts english words.
    Last edited by the ANGRY filipino; November 5th, 2009 at 10:50 PM.
    I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KonnA View Post
    Referring to your Signature... Well they do have a safety... And they might be in a warfare situation...
    And even then, when you're not actively acquiring or firing. It only takes a second to switch from a finger off the trigger to on the trigger. It would take longer to flip the safety. And especially when you're using a Kalashnikov-pattern rifle...
    Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    And even then, when you're not actively acquiring or firing. It only takes a second to switch from a finger off the trigger to on the trigger. It would take longer to flip the safety. And especially when you're using a Kalashnikov-pattern rifle...
    Yeah, I back you on the trigger finger off the trigger. When one of my uncles took my brother, my dad, and I to a shooting range (first time for my brother and I), one of the very first lessons he taught us was about that. If you must, keep the trigger finger on the side, above the trigger when you're not using it. He said it was one of the most common mistakes gun newbies make.

Actually, that entire shooting lesson and the stripping and cleaning of the guns (P-99, Magnum) became a valuable resource later on for me artistically. I also had a healthier appreciation for responsible and good gun carriers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the ANGRY filipino View Post
    that still wont allow us to view youtube here...

and by 2020, maybe you guys wont be able to either...

btw...

@Sepulverture...here's the chinese version of youtube: www.youku.com
    It could help you feed your video clip watching hunger..
    they have tons of similar sites but this one has a search engine that accepts english words.
    Yeah I use youku a lot for watching music videos, although their selection isn't always the best it's better than nothing.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroudStar View Post
    Yeah, I back you on the trigger finger off the trigger. When one of my uncles took my brother, my dad, and I to a shooting range (first time for my brother and I), one of the very first lessons he taught us was about that. If you must, keep the trigger finger on the side, above the trigger when you're not using it. He said it was one of the most common mistakes gun newbies make.

Actually, that entire shooting lesson and the stripping and cleaning of the guns (P-99, Magnum) became a valuable resource later on for me artistically. I also had a healthier appreciation for responsible and good gun carriers.
    I'd say the most common mistakes gun newbies make, is to walk around with the gun loaded. and im not talking warfare situations.
    we once took a friend with us hunting, just started explaing how to handle a weapon, and he was like ''don't treat me like an idiot, i know this''
    in the end of the day, one other parcipiant had his arm pepperd... (was hit from 130meters range and the bullets were steel, so it wasent very serius... but it could have been)

oh yeah, btw: it was a hail, not a rifle. (lol)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 438 Posts
    Man I loved that song!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    The little mermaid was Disney's rock bottom imao, so I don't blame them for drawing dicks everywhere.
    Actually, the Little Mermaid was one of the points where Disney was finally bringing some quality back into their work. I mean, look at what the company did after Walt's death up to the mid/late 80's; The last movie Walt was alive to oversee was the Jungle Book, then right after that they made "The Aristocats," "Robin Hood," "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh," "The Rescuers," "The Fox and the Hound," "The Black Cauldron," and "The Great Mouse Detective." All of which, compared to previous work, were mediocre at best. Also, during this time, they allowed their multiplane camera, a technology Disney had pioneered, fall into disrepair, and they relied heavily on touching up and recycling old animations to use in new films. If anything was rock bottom for Disney it was these years.

Granted, Black Cauldron showed promise but got hacked up in an attempt to make it child friendly, thus killing continuity and causing it to make little to no sense in places, and the Great Mouse detective began to point to a Disney resurgence as well, but it wasn't obvious that Disney would be making quality work again until Oliver and Company, and then "The Little Mermaid" showed up on the scene and seemed to bring back the feeling of Disney's glory days.

I wouldn't be a lie to say it was formulaic; bringing in a princess from a popular fairytale and retelling the story in a way that removed politically incorrect references to religion and avoiding anyone dieing but the baddies. But considering what Disney was coming out of sticking to a formula that had served them well was a smart move, and how they told the story, the animation, the visual style, and the music worked together amazingly well.

What's more is that it ushered in an era of Disney animation that included "Beauty and the Beast," "Aladdin," "The Lion King," "Pocahontas," "Mulan," and "Tarzan." I think this would have continued, but a multitude of factors including but not limited to Eisner's mismanagement/greed and a growing reliance in Pixar led to Disney's animation department eventually slipping. I should point out though that what failed at that point was not quality of animation, but instead quality of story, which seems to be the opposite to the pre 90's work, which had decent story but shoddy animation.

As for the penis in the castle, that is only seen in promotional artwork and was drawn, not by a Disney employee, but a freelancer hired to make promotional posters and video covers, who claims that the phallus was entirely accidental. Considering the fact that towers of lumpy coral are difficult NOT to make seem phallic I would have to say that his claims of innocence in the situation are credible enough for me to believe. Other appearances of questionable imagery in the film can also be explained as quite innocent, and to a certain extent I think the fact that we are seeing them says more about us than it does about those who worked on the film.

Not to say that the Disney company has never done anything naughty intentionally, in fact, to the contrary they have all the time. However, when anything like that is intentional they are much better at hiding it than any of this stuff that we are viewing and giggling at like naughty schoolchildren.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gnilrE View Post
    oh yeah, btw: it was a hail, not a rifle. (lol)
    A hail? do you mean a shotgun?

It should be noted in all this trigger finger conversation that with a glock the safety is built into the trigger. As glocks have become the standard for US law enforcement as well as a common sidearm for military personnel, it would be silly to show anyone with a finger on the trigger unless they are firing the weapon, about to fire, or just got done firing. Also, considering as trigger finger placement is actually a part of training it is a good rule to follow that for casual military poses fingers are kept off the trigger.
    Last edited by Peter Coene; November 6th, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    Actually, the Little Mermaid was one of the points where Disney was finally bringing some quality back into their work. I mean, look at what the company did after Walt's death up to the mid/late 80's; The last movie Walt was alive to oversee was the Jungle Book, then right after that they made "The Aristocats," "Robin Hood," "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh," "The Rescuers," "The Fox and the Hound," "The Black Cauldron," and "The Great Mouse Detective." All of which, compared to previous work, were mediocre at best. Also, during this time, they allowed their multiplane camera, a technology Disney had pioneered, fall into disrepair, and they relied heavily on touching up and recycling old animations to use in new films. If anything was rock bottom for Disney it was these years.

Granted, Black Cauldron showed promise but got hacked up in an attempt to make it child friendly, thus killing continuity and causing it to make little to no sense in places, and the Great Mouse detective began to point to a Disney resurgence as well, but it wasn't obvious that Disney would be making quality work again until Oliver and Company, and then "The Little Mermaid" showed up on the scene and seemed to bring back the feeling of Disney's glory days.

I wouldn't be a lie to say it was formulaic; bringing in a princess from a popular fairytale and retelling the story in a way that removed politically incorrect references to religion and avoiding anyone dieing but the baddies. But considering what Disney was coming out of sticking to a formula that had served them well was a smart move, and how they told the story, the animation, the visual style, and the music worked together amazingly well.

What's more is that it ushered in an era of Disney animation that included "Beauty and the Beast," "Aladdin," "The Lion King," "Pocahontas," "Mulan," and "Tarzan." I think this would have continued, but a multitude of factors including but not limited to Eisner's mismanagement/greed and a growing reliance in Pixar led to Disney's animation department eventually slipping. I should point out though that what failed at that point was not quality of animation, but instead quality of story, which seems to be the opposite to the pre 90's work, which had decent story but shoddy animation.

As for the penis in the castle, that is only seen in promotional artwork and was drawn, not by a Disney employee, but a freelancer hired to make promotional posters and video covers, who claims that the phallus was entirely accidental. Considering the fact that towers of lumpy coral are difficult NOT to make seem phallic I would have to say that his claims of innocence in the situation are credible enough for me to believe. Other appearances of questionable imagery in the film can also be explained as quite innocent, and to a certain extent I think the fact that we are seeing them says more about us than it does about those who worked on the film.

Not to say that the Disney company has never done anything naughty intentionally, in fact, to the contrary they have all the time. However, when anything like that is intentional they are much better at hiding it than any of this stuff that we are viewing and giggling at like naughty schoolchildren.
    If you love the little mermaide sooooo much why don't you go live under the sea!

JK you make a valid point, I'd just be embarrassed to animate a pile like that. (that's just me) If I were an animator for the little mermaid I'd have fun by sneaking in Tyler Durden type frames.