Thanks

Founder of SDCC Passes Away

Sheldon Dorf, the founder of the best networking hub for artists, San Diego Comic Con, freaking passes away... I owe him so much. If it werent for SDCC I wouldnt have had either of my jobs at Gentle Giant or Sideshow putting me where I am today... and Im sure that goes for many artists out there.

Founder of SDCC Passes Away

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091104/...sheldon_dorf_1

Thank you Sheldon! YOU EFFING ROCK!
    How can someone expect to walk when all they are worried about is stepping on the ants?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Its a damned shame that no one seems to give to sh!ts about this. I mean, seriously. The FOUNDER of San Diego Comic Con? Do people realize what this man is responsible for?

Its so sad that no one is making news of this, or commenting on it, ANYWHERE.

Everyone who sees this thread and doesnt even leave some sort of remark has some serious priority issues with showing a little bit of respect.

No disrespect to anyone else, but I remember a pretty big name passing away not too long ago in the comic book industry and people acted like the earth turned on it's axis.

Sheldon Dorf is THE man, THE MAN. None of us can even begin to fathom accomplishing something as great as he has.
    How can someone expect to walk when all they are worried about is stepping on the ants?

Thanks
    I don't see the point in getting angry, what's it going to matter if people don't reply?

Thanks
    I show concern in my own way. Its too bad he died, but it happens to everyone. I suppose you could say death is a once in a lifetime type of thing that you just can't pass up.

However, you seem more concerned with the attention we show your post than you are with him passing away. Quit being a drama llama and don't try to guilt trip me for not acting the way that you want me to.

Thanks
    Its really sad that you think Im an attention .

Im mad because no one, anywhere, is giving THIS any attention.

Ive never been the "hey look at me" guy, Im the "hey look at this" type of guy.

Its just disheartening that people are willing to give everything else under the sun some sort of attention, but anywhere where this is mentioned its freaking crickets... even NEWSARAMA... a forum dedicated SOLEY to comics.

That's what's sad, not that this thread on this one forum isnt getting any attention, it's that the passing of a great man who's done so much for this industry isnt getting any attention.