Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketchtastic!

Thanks
    alright some 30 sec poses and thats it for now, gotta go out now, will be back later and maybe post some more, i need to keep pushing hard.
    "The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just went through your sketchbook and I must say I'm digging your studies! The anatomy is coming along really well for you so keep those up. I'm seeing improvement in your faces. Doing 30 sec posemaniacs is definitely intense lol. Looks like you're starting to get the hang of it though. You've got lots of great advice in here so far so continue pushing.

Thanks
    did some heads...man it was a struggle. all from memory...gah its so hard. and they still stuck.

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by element1988 View Post
    \
    its just a little hard putting it into practice, finding the right shapes and so on.
    Yeah, it is hard putting it into practice. I have this thing, where even if I am doing okay on contrast and shape/proportion in a sketch, my lines might be sketchy. If the tones are all working right, something's out of perspective. It's hard to apply everything in one sketch. Just try to keep juggling things in your head and thinking about them. Sooner or later you'll be able to juggle them all without dropping any.

And your last sketches are different. They don't look bad. The faces in particular are pretty expressive. I'd just move the left most head to the right so it's more on the neck. Right now, either his head is ET shaped, or his neck has a bulge in it.

I know it can be frustrating when your eyes are better than your hands. It just takes lots of time and practice. At least, from what I understand. My stuff is still n00b-ish too, haha.

Keep doing anatomy studies. Copy from different books/sites/pictures/artists, and most importantly from life. I know it's hard to coerce friends/family/neighbors but soon they'll think nothing of it. Offering cookies helps. : P

Seriously though, keep working. You have potential. I'll keep visiting. = )

Thanks
    A couple of really bad torsos. Im trying to do everything that i struggle with, attack my weaknesses. So there going to be a lot of crap being posted lol

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Drawing portraits from life will help you immensely. Do really detailed studies of your own head and face from multiple angles for each pose. Do it until you build up a really confident knowledge of head structure. Also, look into some of the basic canon for proportion that's out there. Really, really invest in thinking about the overall form of the head, be thoughful and clear about your construction lines and don't stray from them. Do lots of portraits of other people, including many quick gestures. We're talking at least 50 quick head gestures each from reference and imagination.
    As for putting in really dark dark and light lights, save those for the end. Work middle out and build up your values with a consistent and logical process. You can also work dark to light or light to dark, but middle out keeps you from going anywhere near extreme values until you know exactly what's up.

Thanks
    hmm 50 heads from ref, 50 heads from memory...i know thats not what you was getting at but i like the idea...im gunna do it! starting ................ Now!

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    hey there, great studies, keep it up!

Thanks
    Got inspired while watching ironman 2, so for the first head, its iron man...doesn't look anything like him but give me a break im trying

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Some more poses, this time only 15 secs each.

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Man my eyes are hurting lol. Dunno how long ive been doing these for but i started when i got up and haven't stopped since and its dark now... haha im so slow i didn't even finish the page will finish soon. these are from imagination btw, i had 10 i did form ref but photoshop crashed so w/e.

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Getting there...but i thought i had a handle on side views haven't done one for ages and now i cant do them haha oh well 1 more thing to work one .

These took a while at first, but now i can get through them pretty fast and they even end up looking better. All from imagination, i think im getting there. Ok now time for a page of heads from ref. Hmm actually i think i will do a few hours of posemanics 30 sec poses first. I don't want my poses getting worse because im focusing on heads.

Btw im not sure if ive said this before, but i really am looking for crits and comments, anything that will help me

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    these were 60 sec poses, there not any better then the 15 sec ones lol, i did more but i hate scanning now takes so long and i gotta keep putting paper in and whatnot Lmao at the coffee stains.

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Hi
    For your sketches, I would suggest using less lines, and really just put down a few clean, clear, concise and straight lines for the construction
    Also for gestures (posemaniacs), I find that often less is more, instead of scribbling a bunch of lines, why not try to get the action in one or two strokes?

Thanks
    Yeah that's something ive been trying to work on.. i guess i just need more practice.... anyway! tiger...because umm there cool

One of my biggest rendering issues is where to put the darkest darks...they always look wrong, so i end up doing half the sketch dark black and then its got no darkest dark's again lol.

DA

Sketch Book

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast