Thanks

Life without my comp :p

I dont know what I want this thread to lead to but I just want to get it out.

I havent had a own computer for a long time now, and it really really sucks. My computer was practically my life before, and I dont mean it as a bad thing, I was happy and was social with all my friends and all. I played around with macromedia flash, made movies, and played around with different software to make music. And ofcourse I played some games to.
    Ever since I lost my computer I have sort of lost my friends too, they talk about new stuff in the computer world, new hardware and games but I cant be part of those conversations no more.
    Nowdays all I do is sitting alone in my room and spinning my office chair, and sometimes I turn on my ps2, but Im always alone, coz all my friends are computer nerds just like I was.
    When my comp died my life suddently got extremely dull.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I feel sorry for you. Not sorry that you lost your computer but sorry because you have no imagination. Yes the computer is fun and takes you to a world in its own but it isnt the be all and end all. Paint, sketch.. get drunk with your mates. Dont waste your time.

Thanks
    Well, I do sketch alot, and that is fun.
    If I had a computer I would post alot more on this board. I think you can get so much more out of drawing by having a computer, where you can alter and edit images, and show drawings to the rest of the world, and gain critique and comments.

And I wont go out and get drunk coz Im too young for that.

Thanks
    Get a job, and with it a new computer No but seriously, focus more and more on your art, so wehn you can start posting regularily again you have vast improvements that you can show us. Sorry your computer died though.

Thanks
    i am going without a computer for several months... starting very soon here! man, its going to be a different life. hardly a day or two has gone by over the last 3 years that i havent been clickin around on this mouse. no more virtual world. i havent always wanted to do this. its a new frontier

Thanks
    How did you loose your PC? Maybe you can revive it.

Thanks
    Maybe this is healthy: computers do drain energy you know...
    Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

the deep, dark, menacing jungles of Australia.
    Thanks
    hey man you should be taking this as an opportunity! think of all the traditional media you would never have had time for with a computer!
    art is fun and addictive. like coffee. I like coffee too.

Thanks
    Originally posted by AnarchyAo2
    How did you loose your PC? Maybe you can revive it.
    It got infected with some kinda virus wich wont go off by formatting or fiddling around with BIOS, its pretty much dead.
    But that computer is old and sucks anyway, it was my parents at first, but they got a new one so they gave it to me, Ive had it since the beginning of -99.

Thanks
    Ten Dollars can get you a DOPE ASS sketchbook!

-Joshua

Thanks

Thanks
    argg... Yeah Computers are fun. I JUSt got mine over the summer. What a convenience?! Are you getting a tax return? Thats the only way I could afford mine.

-Joshua

Thanks
    Dear god... :eek:

and your still alive?

I lost my puter for about a month. I almost died. No I'm serious, I was clinicaly dead for a couple of seconds, before the fedex guy walked in with it. That revived me. The worst thing was I had just had my wisdome teeth out so I couldnt go anywhere or do anything. It was horrible.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    you know the best digital artists in this world are men who know how to draw with natural media... ask all the Legendary heros here, they will all agree with me... sometimes it's a good thing to shut down your pc and draw with a pencil...
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    I always draw with a pencil.
    I do like to alter images on the computer to, but I believe much more in natural non-digital skills.
    Im talking more about being able to show my drawings to the world and get critique and comments.

Thanks
    ok, i understand... no solution for this...
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    If your friends really are the computer geeks they should help you to revive your computer.

I'm working on an old PC myself (PIII 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HD) which I bought in 99 - and it suits me well for all the stuff I want to do. Sometime I wish it to be more stable (that's due to the RAM - it has a few errors) and more RAM and or speed but usually it works fine.

So stop whining and get it repaired.

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    There are viruses that forces you to buy a new hard drive to get it right. And thats what has happened to my old shitty comp.
    Firstly I dont think I could afford a new one, and secondly, even if I could afford it, I dont think I would like to spend any money on that pice a crap machine.
    I want a new computer, and Im not sure thats too much to ask from parents nowdays, atleast a new comp every 3 year or so.
    My friends gets a new comp about once or twice a year, Ive never got a new one, just my parents old when they change to a better one.

I really, really hate sounding like a spoiled brat, demanding my parents to buy me something expensive, but this is what I think atleast. Its not like im pestering my parents or something, Ive just asked once and got a straight "No", after that they havent heard anything from me about it.
    And now I am whining on boards instead, just to get it out.

Thanks
    Ever thought of showing your parents how badly you want one by getting a job? Maybe they accept a deal and pay for half of it. Anyways, I do think you ask too much of them to buy you a computer every other year.

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Yes Im going to work some this summer.

Thanks
    No virus can damage your hardware since... uhmmm, old CGA and Hercule graphic card.
    BUT, you can be infected with some worm after the install of Windows 2k and XP if you connect your computer to the net without a firewall to make the update. Can be a real problem to do the update for Windows 2k since he do not have a firewall by default
    If you got the same problem after a real reformat of your drive - so the problem is not software but hardware...

My computer was too a good friend for 10 year... but now I've understand lot of thing : a computer is only a tool, he can't give you real friend, he can't learn for you how to draw, but he can suck nearly all your time and destroy your live if you don't take care! It's a drug... Seriously, take that as a chance to get a better live and give your computer is real place

Thanks
    vangou: I'm sure theres a way to fix it besides replacing parts. But, just buy a new hard drive. You can buy a 20GB for under 40 bucks. You don't need to get a job to buy that.

Thanks
    i recently had a 5 day trip to a friends house who owns proprty in the country. No TV, no computer, No phones. Just me and his family, 100 goats, some horses and endless rolling hills and bushland.

You know what? i wish i was still there. I sketched well, my thoughts came clearly, and i actually had DREAMS at night which i havnt had in a long time.

A computer is useful, but i agree with Erik, it can be really draining.

I dont like saying i cant live without my computer. I dont like to think that i'm 'addicted' to anything. One day id like to find out just how hard it is to live without my computer - just to chalenge myself.

Good luck - form

Thanks
    nt having a comp for a while was one of the best things that ever happened to me lol.