On demand coming soon - Page 2

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the update anyway scoot, and i would love for these as downloads!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome, thanks to everyone working on this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Theking78 View Post
    I agree. Too much effort in presenting new things and months to fix old problems.
    I'm sorry Scooter but I do video editing and edit 70 hours of videos doesn't take 2 months (if you don't work at it only one hour per day of course).
    Very disappointed.
    Jep. It's got that big 'got money, dont care' feel about it.
    Not very inviting to buy something else again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmit View Post
    Jep. It's got that big 'got money, dont care' feel about it.
    Not very inviting to buy something else again.
    Can see where and why you would think that, and i am sure you must be one of the artists who bought the portfolio reveiw for your work to get reveiwed and then to watch on demand?

i feel for you there.
    I am sure this was a one time outcome, the portfolio review week was a unique occurance in both experience and that the use of Streaming Tech was altered part way through, and that to date it was the largest World wide Broadcast held by a CA.org class.

i dont believe such a thing could happen again, as the new tech seems quite superior , and that all live streams other than the Portfolio reveiws that is, have been Posted for their 30 veiwing on schedule.

Quite a bonus to learn this will now be available as a download, i imagine it to be quite useful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil Fetus View Post

Probably, possibly, maybe. I'm sure it's all fine and awesome. The problem is the communication about the whole issue is bad.
    You pay for something and you don't get it. Other stuff comes online and this still isn't here. And all you hear is 'sorry, soon'. And you only hear that after a few people start asking about it. And thats going on for months now.

Don't get me wrong. I love the community. And I love what they are doing for us. Because of them I'm now enjoying my life as an artist. And I fully support the cause.
    But I cannot behave any different than a business transaction. Cause that's what it comes down to. Business. I didn't donate, I bought a product.
    So I'd like to know where it is and when it's going to be here.
    You can't tell me that a big company like that doesn't at least have some sort of planning about it. An estimation. Or even just a simple concrete deadline.
    Even if they just put it in an email or PM to all the people who bought it, so it doesn't go too public.

The reason they can take their time and silence is because people don't say anything about it. And the reason people don't say anything about it, is because it's their hero's we are talking about. It's conceptart.org.
    Any other company and shit would be hitting the fan. Here.. it's nearly all peace and quiet.
    I think we all had quite a lot of patience and I'm sorry to say but for me at least, it's running out.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavidSmit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I will be the b*stard to ask again-

any news?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Studio Colrouphobia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This has made me much more hesitant to purchase anything else. They have my $$$ already.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Andrews For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i can see this download thing being useless to the people who couldn't make it..im fairly certain those artist are different now, than 4 months ago. So those who missed it, should have their money refunded. I was there for mine, so this isn't the case for me, I can wait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    4 months? Sorry, I know you guys are busy, but it doesn't take 4 months to upload 70 hours of video. The next round of portfolio reviews are starting in a couple weeks and we haven't even been able to see the last batch. That's pretty ridiculous.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really have nothing more to report other than it's being worked on. It's become my personal goal to not let this fall by the wayside. Liffey, it's been a lot more than just uploading trust me. 4 months worth of work? no. it's not. but when your only video editor is out of the country and Britt has left back to Canada things get off track. I know it's late. I know for some it's too little. but It will get done. the whole thing is going through editing now. it's has been a trial. Hate me if you must. if it will yours to own in it's entirety no matter if you bought one week or if you bought the whole thing. We have a new guy on it starting today who's been trained up to do what needs to happen to get this out the door. I stand here before all of you with my head on the pitchfork. it's my fault. blame me. Our tech is now outstanding and efficient but we hit a major bump in the road getting it off the ground. For this I will forever apologize. If this is something that has turned people off of ever buying another class from us that is a tragedy. Excuses? Yes. Valid? I think so but I have been through some much bullshit over these things. Would I be pissed if I had been waiting for 4 months for a product I had purchased? Hell yes.
    So once again I ask for your patience and let you know that it's coming.
    hell or high water.

Feel free to skewer me now.

Thanks,

Scooter.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hating you over this would be equally ridiculous.

These video's have been so late that I have however contacted some Other artists to get portfolio reviews. I work hard, and I want to get better sooner than later. Not wait for 4 months down the road for the valuable information.
    I suggest this to others waiting. Find a few reviews else where to speed up the process. Id imagine a few thing would be repeated during the finally release of the "on demand" but at least you can implement those pointers in your work sooner.
    Im confident that the on Demand will still hold value, but it maybe out of date to someone's current work. That's the shame.

Allot can happen to some ones art and perception in 4 months. Regardless though thanks for the update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, unfortunately I've improved and changed as an artist quite a lot in the past four months, and I would doubt that the review would serve me well anymore. I was there to witness it live, but I was so caught up in the moment I don't even quite remember most of the information that was stated, because I thought I would be able to listen to it again afterwards. My friend was not there live and signed up solely because I recommended it to him, and now he has been questioning me on why he still can't access his review video. It's a little embarrassing.

That said and done, there is my little rant. Although this has been an annoying experience, Massive Black and Conceptart.org still holds a high place in my book, and I trust that something like this will never happen again. I'll continue to purchase CA.org downloads as soon as the review is delivered. Thanks for the update Scooter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, unfortunately I've improved and changed as an artist quite a lot in the past four months, and I would doubt that the review would serve me well anymore. I was there to witness it live, but I was so caught up in the moment I don't even quite remember most of the information that was stated, because I thought I would be able to listen to it again afterwards. My friend was not there live and signed up solely because I recommended it to him, and now he has been questioning me on why he still can't access his review video. It's a little embarrassing.

That said and done, there is my little rant. Although this has been an annoying experience, Massive Black and Conceptart.org still holds a high place in my book, and I trust that something like this will never happen again. I'll continue to purchase CA.org downloads as soon as the review is delivered. Thanks for the update Scooter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This just killed my application to The Art Department.
    I'm in no good financial situation, I have kids and a wife to think about. They support me in my endeavours to become a top artist (my goal). But today my wife said the following:
    "If these guys can't supply you with the on-demand-thingy you paid for several months ago, why should you pay a full month worth of food-money just because you might be up for a scholarship? And then what, signed up for it and they don't pull through with this? There is no way we can afford you going to that school of theirs without the full scholarship."

And she is right.

Much as I love the community and much as this place has done tons for me, I still cannot justify a month worth of food-money for an application that could possibly lead to a spot in a school, when I have paid for things in the past that still isn't around.

I'm not complaining, I know CA/MB will pull through in the end, but I'm seeing my chance at a scholarship flying away, from afar. And that is very disheartening.

Especially after getting a very positive review (yes, I was there live), factors that come in play need to be weighed against facts.

Fact: Food for my children always comes first.
    Fact: Bills could possibly be pushed, if there are good grounds for it. It would be quite bad for us but with good grounds for trust in the conduct of those who get the money instead, it could be wagered.
    Fact: This situation makes me and my wife wary about the grounds for trust. It tips the scales. I don't think badly of MB or CA, I just do not have the trust in the ability to produce fair and honest service. (which has nothing to do with will to produce those, mind you).

Point-in-case, The wife (who is very smart) said the following: "So you are waiting for them to release a portfolio-review that they did for you four months ago. Meanwhile, to be able to get a chance at a scholarship, you need to pay them for a portfolio-review...? Essentially they are asking you for money a second time for the same thing, which they failed to supply proper the first time..."

(sorry, I told you, I see it slipping and it IS disheartening!)

Anyhow, I guess we will see this when it arrives.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Studio Colrouphobia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down

I don't mean to pile on here, but I have to agree with the negative comments.

At this stage I don't think CA should expend much more effort or expense to process the videos (if they exist) but instead they should refund the original purchases. Value was not delivered for the product offered.

And hey, we know stuff happens, and sometimes it can't be avoided, so the best approach as we have learned from Tiger Woods, is not to hide, but fess up to our mistakes, apologize (and make amends) and move on.

If CA can't afford to refund (which I doubt) then another option might possibly be to offer coupons equal to the value of the original purchase for other CA products - like tutorial videos. That would be a win-win for CA and us customers because likely some people would buy more than their original purchase amount.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calydon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by calydon View Post
    If CA can't afford to refund (which I doubt) then another option might possibly be to offer coupons equal to the value of the original purchase for other CA products - like tutorial videos.
    I agree with the negative comments and now I'm here asking for a refund. I'm not interested anymore in the portfolio review since too many months have passed.
    Since I want to support CA I can agree with calydon about the fact that I can accpet of coupon of the equal value of the money I spent fo for the review to buy a new download, but if this is not possible please give me my money back.

I'll wait for your answer soon. Thank you.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Theking78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Portfolios are done uploading this week.
    You'll be receiving an email with instructions.

Thanks,

Scott

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ConceptArt.Org View Post
    Portfolios are done uploading this week.
    You'll be receiving an email with instructions.

Thanks,

Scott
    Nothing received. Another missed deadline. Disappointment's growing to the infinite.
    N.B. please don't tell me to check my spam box because I already did and ther's nothing from MB.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Theking78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahaha. Probably the worst thing to do at this point, after all the missed deadlines and delays, is to give a headsup and promise and then NOT keep it.
    It's pretty much becoming hilarious at this point!
    Hahaha according to all standards you might be amongst the worst service providers ever!
    Don't care to much about who's guilty and sad sad stories of shame and all. Keep em, they aren't going to get me my feedback and there's no reason to get personal... I made a deal with CA not you. It only makes it more sad. Actually, no please do apologize more! It makes it even more funny! XD

Just please! don't promise any more shit. If you're not going to deliver, just don't say anything, and let it all just go into a black part of ca history.

The only reaction left at this point is to see it all as one big joke
    Hahahahaha, heh.. you guys crack me up ^^

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be sending the email with links to the reviews tonight. Please check your spam folders to make sure that my email doesn't end up there.

Thanks so much for your patience and continued support.

TAD.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, Scooter!

"Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Email sent.
    let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Scooter

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I recieved my e-mail and finished downloading one of the zip-files a few minutes ago. In VLC media player, I got stripes flashing in yellow and magenta on the left side, but it looks better in windows media player. There's still some stripes of primary colors there, but it's viewable, and works fine in all other respects.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Zach Oldenkamp, Britt Newstead, Zack Lara, Aaron Fagerstrom & Scooter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear Scooter,
    After so much time, we get the download link, and I am not featured? I've looked through all the three video's of Foster and Dobsky, but I'm not reviewed?
    Please DO explain.

David Smit

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks! Not sure why it took however many months to upload a few gigs of files, but I'm glad it's finally done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmit View Post
    Dear Scooter,
    After so much time, we get the download link, and I am not featured? I've looked through all the three video's of Foster and Dobsky, but I'm not reviewed?
    Please DO explain.

David Smit
    Same here not featured on Foster and Dobskys review!!!!?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1