Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with a gallery that has been dragging in returning works to artists. The opening was in July and the work was to be taken down and shipped out mid August. It's now the beginning of November. I know it's been taken off the walls, as they seem to cycle through their shows very quickly. There were other shows previous to this and the gallery has yet to return works to those artists as well.

So my questions are:

1. Is it usual for work to take so long to be returned to an artist? This was my first true gallery experience - so I have nothing to base this against. Do most galleries return works to the artist quickly, once the show has finished?

2. Other than repeatedly calling and emailing the gallery or taking a very long drive to retrieve the pieces, is there any way to facilitate a more speedy return. (Some of the folks in the show are not even US residents - any advice for them on recovering their works?)

If anyone has had experience with this sort of problem or has any insight, I would very much like to hear your feelings on it. It seems a little outlandish that they have keep the work for so long, but then again, I have precious little experience to base this against.

Thanks for any ideas!
Rick