Art: Nakiami Sculpture

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Nakiami Sculpture

Hello there Fellows!

I'm getting into sculpting with polymer clay. So far I've done three little busts, one big cat, and I wanted to try my hand at something resembling a human.

Well, there's this animated series I'm completely enamorated with. Bonen No Xamdou / Xam'd of the lost memory. So I decided to sculpt nakiami.

Nakiami Sculpture

After a session of work, this is what i've got. So far so good. I need to add the hands, add the already modeled staff to her hands, and finish her hair and face.

HOWEVER. As always, Crit is king, and I would like to know your opinion, your critics, and your recommendations. I'm new to this. and I can definitely see this can be improved before finishing. (I think one arm and the head can change, but I can't quite place it.)

Can you help me out with your opinions? I thank you in advance for any tips, crits, and corrections you're kind enough to make.

And I hope you have a great day people.

Heriberto Valle Martinez
    Leader of Imagineer games

Freelance Artist, Available for 3d and 2d work. Worked on iphone and Pc games! Click Here for portfolio

Ask for more samples at my email
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking excellent for a first session! especially the folds in the clothing. I do get a sense of movement from them which is good.

Comparing your sculpt and the pictures above though I notice that your sculpt has slighlty more muscle in the arms (esp. shoulder) and the boobs are a bit bigger.

If these are effects that you are after then I apologise for noting them. Keep it going as this stands out already. :-)

So, where will your imagination take you today?...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking excellent for a first session! especially the folds in the clothing. I do get a sense of movement from them which is good.

Comparing your sculpt and the pictures above though I notice that your sculpt has slighlty more muscle in the arms (esp. shoulder) and the boobs are a bit bigger.

If these are effects that you are after then I apologise for noting them. Keep it going as this stands out already. :-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok. Sand down the breasts, and Yup. you're right on those arms. Gotta correct. anything else someone else noticed? I'm going to get working on her today.

Heriberto Valle Martinez

Freelance Artist, Available for 3d and 2d work. Worked on iphone and Pc games! Click Here for portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start, but her mouth & nose look too high (i.e., too much chin) and while I can't tell exactly where you're going with the eyes, I suspect they're going to end up too high, too. A line through both eyes should divide the head in half.

Also, her right arm looks like it might be longer than the left.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comments! I took another shot this last weekend, and produced some changes. I still think something is off (My take is the breasts and there is something about the arms that bothers me). May I ask again for your help?

Nakiami Sculpture

Thanks in advance.

Heriberto Valle Martinez

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking very good, well done on the improvements. She looks more like her counterpart now, however I would still try a little but more with the shoulders.

The cartoon suggests a shape like a coat hanger, with the hook section being where the neck is. Your model still has rather more broad shoulders.

That said though you could make her into a full blown sculpture now and without the reference pictures I would not have a clue. I honestly believe you have done what you set out to do and anything we suggest will just be nit-picking :-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, are you using Super Sculpey? As far as your concern about the arms I'd say the width of the biceps and the size of the shoulders should be a little more subtle (with respect to the refrence materials). Otherwise I'd say it looks great. I'm working with Super Sculpey for the first time right now and I hope my project comes out as good as yours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by felixdasilva View Post
    beautiful work
    That means a lot seeing how amazing are the things on your page!

Homicidal bunny - I'm using Premo, but it's very similar I believe.

I worked the shoulders a bit.

Now this should be my last update before completion. Any comments before a final bake? Anybody's got tips on modelling hands? I'm thinking about baking her and carving the hands, the clay is a bit too flimsy because I completely forgot to make an armature for the hands (won't happen again). I will probably paste her staff on the clenched hand as a last step.

Nakiami Sculpture

Since I'm almost done with this sculpt, and I finished another one (A cat) I think I'm going to make a hobby outta this. Here's my next project, I just finished her Fennel stalk. Anybody's got tips to sculpt this in a way I can make a resin reproduction later?

Nakiami Sculpture

Heriberto Valle Martinez

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.