WIP: The Curious Imagaination of Lovecraft

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WIP: The Curious Imagaination of Lovecraft

This is a project for my illustration class. The project was a bigger than life and we had to select a personality that was well documented so in the end I went with my boy H.P. Lovecraft because I felt that his imagination was larger than life.

I am running behind schedule on this because I have been sick lately so I could use some feedback asap. This is my second rough sketch of my comp but I could use a second pair of eyes or more on how I could improve the composition before I move on.

The piece will be dark over all except with two weak light sources the candle and Moonlight coming from our left. The concept of the piece is that his dark imagination is casting a shadow of his most famous creation as well as some of the influences in his life in the form of the books around him. I am almost tempted to include a portrait of his wife somewhere but I don't know where to put it without it being distracting. The main reason that I need help with the comp is that I chose to do a wider landscape proportion that I am not use to using. I need to get the final drawing done ASAP as I am going to be doing this piece in watercolor, color pencil and lastly touch it up later in photoshop. Comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ito Saith Webb; November 2nd, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I refined the drawing a little more but I would really like some feedback on this ASAP.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.