Thanks

Internet explorer troubles

everytime i right click a link or sometime just click it the window freezes up and nothing happens, NADA

sometimes it crashes though.

ive tried ad-aware and ive tried www.myie2.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Maybe get a new browser?

I tried getting the link to the browser I like, but the site is down. I like opera, go to www.download.com, and search for Opera.

Thanks
    Operating system? Internet Explorer version? When's the last time you updated your virus definitions and did a scan? You can also look for Spybot at downloads.com.

Thanks
    windows xp and i havent tried any anti virus programs yet.

Explorer 6.0

Thanks
    I, to have had problems with Internet explorer, as in (run time error). So i've which to Mozilla at http://www.mozilla.org/
    for the time being, until they have a fix/patch of some sort.
    I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled "Poets" to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean.(Socrates)

Thanks
    try this http://www.safer-networking.org/ it pretty much gets rid of anything spyware related that can freeze up explorer.

Thanks
    Crash, there's no (NO!) excuse to not having anti-virus software. Both Symantec and McAfee cost ~$40 for the software and free (automatic!) updates for a year, and then you pay ~$20 per year for more updates.

Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager button: any red (x)'s or yellow (!)'s? Bad drivers are a major cause of crashes. I've found that XP is very forgiving with old software, but really cranky with old hardware.

Start > Control Panel > System > Automatic Updates tab: are you (automatically) updating your OS on a regular basis?

The best answer is prevention. Updating XP will also update Internet Explorer (free). Anti-virus software (worth every dollar) will stop malicious javascript from executing and clean email attachments as they come down the pipe. A firewall will prevent hackers from snooping by closing ports and stop unauthorized software from sending information over the internet. (It's amazing how many times ZoneAlarm (free) has asked me if such-and-such a program can have permission to access the internet after being installed!). Optional: a browser or software that prevents pop-up windows will reduce the chances of malicious js code or spyware from being executed. Bonus: it helps reduce stress -- I'm using CrazyBrowser and it's stopped 3300+ pop-ups/-unders since I bought my PC ~16 months ago

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Originally posted by apb
    ...will stop malicious...
    i did nothing! haha, i am the funny one, that is me.

anyway, there are a number of free antivirus solutions available, including the one i use, AVG. remember, you get what you pay for. no $$ = no tech support, lagged updates, nerfed features. it's worked well enough for me, however. a free av-solution should be sufficient if you're careful and aware of what you download. p2p networks (in case there is any doubt) are literally crawling with virii and other forms of malware.