PORTFOLIO INSTRUCTIONS - Read this first please!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Arrow PORTFOLIO INSTRUCTIONS - Read this first please!

Please read the following first before posting your portfolio please. These guidelines are for both yours and the instructors convenience so please stick with them. Also, please read the following link first if you haven't already:

LIVE PORTFOLIO REVIEW WEEK!

Please note that these portfolio review sessions are not for free! However, the information you will get is very valuable while at the same time you will support CA.org and the community

----------------------------------

Where:

Please post your portfolio in the subforum for the group that you chose. Do NOT post your portfolios in the general section since that will become a mess if everyone did that. Any portfolio posted outside the specific subforums will not be reviewed and will either be moved to the appropriate subforum or deleted!

If you have paid to have your portfolio reviewed by more than one team of instructors, post your portfolio in both the subforums (so make two seperate posts!)

When:

Although this should be rather obvious, post your portfolio before the team that you want to review your portfolio are going to start. Preferably post it the day before.

What:

Please stick with the limit of 5 images per person per review session. This has two main reasons, the practical one being that there is only a limited amount of time to review each portfolio (and the crits will be in-depth so having to do so for 10 or more images means your fellow students' portfolio will have less time!).

The second reason for this is that when you'd have to send in your portfolio to apply for a job, you'll have to make the same choices as you do for this review. Showing all your work and sketches and doodles is never a good idea. See it as valuable practice in making a portfolio while it doesn't count as much yet.

However, it is okay to provide a link to more of your work or an online portfolio somewhere else if you want. Depending on your work or on the time available the instructors might want to see more of your work so it's a good idea to add that to your post. If you have specific questions you want to ask the instructors feel free to include them in your post (make sure they're easy to read). You will have the opportunity to ask them questions live too though.

That's about it, unless Jason or any of the others wanted to add something to the list. If you have questions or issues, please post them in here

Note: I heard people had issues with accessing the specific forums at this moment because of wrong passwords etc. I can't reach Scooter atm but when I can I'll ask him about it. It will be fixed, but until that time either hold off on posting your portfolio for a few hours or post it but put the team/day you want it reviewed by in the headline and I'll move them accordingly later on. Thanks!

Last edited by yoitisi; October 31st, 2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the $150 package, does this mean I need to make 6 posts from monday to friday?
    I just wanna make sure im not causing myself to miss out on anything.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daniel Andrews: Yep, please make 6 seperate posts, one for each subsection. It's the best way for us to avoid someone is missed and gives a quick overview which sessions are busiest etc. It also gives you the option to post different images in each of your posts if you want for example

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edit and comments by jason manley: Pwords are resolved. You can upload your portfolios to the class you have selected. If anyone is viewing, please do not upload a portfolio as we will be going down the lists for those who signed up for the full reviews. See you all soon!!

Jason

Last edited by Jason Manley; October 31st, 2009 at 06:43 PM.
    “It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello all

Hi all

I'm very much looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing your work on Tuesday. I'll post a few times before then and hopefully answer any questions you may have in advance.
    Just by way of introduction, I've been an illustrator for 3 decades. Most of my work has been for magazines (Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Time etc), books and advertising agencies. You can see more of my work at www.anitakunz.com
    Recently however I've been trying to design a career that's more of a hybrid, and I've been doing a lot more fine art. I'm going in much more of a gallery direction. I've had a number of shows in the past, but I'm now working toward a show in Chelsea NY. For my fine art work, please see www.anitakunzart.com

I'm very excited about this opportunity. I've been familiarizing myself with this website and I think it's great!
    Best
    Anita

Attached Images Attached Images  

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anitakunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just bought the 150 dollar package, so excited!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anita! Great to see you on here. Hoping to catch up with you soon.

s.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a Huge Rush of course, but I did notice my Password for Saturdays review was not working for me. Tried a few times, I had no trouble with any of the other threads. Thank You.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Andrews For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Andrews View Post
    Not a Huge Rush of course, but I did notice my Password for Saturdays review was not working for me. Tried a few times, I had no trouble with any of the other threads. Thank You.
    Im likewise having this same issue.
    Thanks!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RicardoGuimaraes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same, pw for Saturday isn't working.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber Alexander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My Friday and Saturday passwords does n´t work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I posted my images and questions in the specific sub-forum for Wednesday but it isn't showing up. The window after I posted said that the post would be reviewed by admin before being approved, but that was 6 hours ago. Does it usually take this long?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had my work up for review today but was unable to watch it live. Where can I download the recording so I can watch it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My password for Saturday isn´t working either.

ssg: Knarf - BRINKMAN! - crabbyclem - eminkey2003 - Mumph

"Failure is an option, fear is not."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On demand not working
    Hi, I just cannot play the third video in the series of Coro n Sterling review. It was my review time and that is just so sad. Due to internet issues I could not get anything running early.. and now am so unable to get wat I actually paid for.. Could it be fixed ? Anyways I can get it to work...

All help much appreciated..

THanks again..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarossell View Post
    I posted my images and questions in the specific sub-forum for Wednesday but it isn't showing up. The window after I posted said that the post would be reviewed by admin before being approved, but that was 6 hours ago. Does it usually take this long?
    I'm wondering this myself. Thursday's posts didn't have to be approved. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

resolved....?

It turns out that because I'm a fresh user I needed to get past the spam filter by posting a bunch (10 or more) of comments. Now that I've done that it seems to go through. However, my thread isn't showing up on the Wednesday forum, AND none of my images were working anyway. This is so frustrating...I've spent like 6 hours yesterday and this morning working on this. I hope it gets resolved before tomorrow morning. Has anyone had issues with their image links? I'm linking to stable images on my blog...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sterling: You can view the on-demand footage in the same thread (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=172971), just in the lower left corner click on 'on demand' button.

L-DLs: I'll let Scooter know, though I think he's aware already. As you probably have noticed, there are some issues with Livestream at the moment that are not under our direct control unfortunately. It should be up for viewing later on though.

Aarossell: Your last post is showing though, as far as I can see. The images are indeed not showing up though, this might also have to do with the website your linking them from (some websites don't support hotlinking). It might be a better option to use the attachmentmanager -which should be back up and running again- or to post them on Photobucket and link them on here.

As for the password issues with the Saturday stream, it should be solved soon too.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Buddy... looking forward to working with ya mighty industrial design techniques soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a few questions...

1) If we use the attachment manager to upload our images, what is the max file size each image can be?

3) do we need to download any particular software to view the live or recorded sessions?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ceruleanvii the maximum upload size for your images are mentioned in the attachment manager window, if you scroll down a bit. However, I recommend to keep them around 1000X1000 pixels or something close to that. This makes viewing them a lot easier without having to scroll too much. As for the software, as far as I know any browser that's somewhat up to date should be able to play the live stream vid without problems.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I still can't access Friday and Saturday's sessions, has the password issue been fixed yet? Would hate to miss the session.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    ceruleanvii the maximum upload size for your images are mentioned in the attachment manager window, if you scroll down a bit. However, I recommend to keep them around 1000X1000 pixels or something close to that. This makes viewing them a lot easier without having to scroll too much. As for the software, as far as I know any browser that's somewhat up to date should be able to play the live stream vid without problems.
    Someone mentioned having to download a later version of java to be able to get into the chat, but I think he got prompted for it upon trying to enter the session, so it pays to be in good time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SirGreenSock: The password issue should be fixed now, let me know if it's not.

Studio Colrouphobia: Yeh that was posted before we started using the new technology, for livestream you didn't need to install anything special. The quality is much better now though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit, code is working now, thanks

Last edited by Amber Alexander; November 5th, 2009 at 06:45 PM.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber Alexander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    SirGreenSock: The password issue should be fixed now, let me know if it's not.

Studio Colrouphobia: Yeh that was posted before we started using the new technology, for livestream you didn't need to install anything special. The quality is much better now though
    Hm, still can't get friday or saturday working

edit: works now! awesome!

Last edited by SirGreenSock; November 6th, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Members who have read this thread: 1