Short Notice interface Designs
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Short Notice interface Designs

I have been chosen to take part in the semifinals of this years Vortex 2009 Game pitch competition. I just found out yesterday evening and am presenting November 5th.

As such, I am looking for someone that can create 3-5 pieces of colored concept art depicting my game. These images are intended for a puzzle game on the iPhone with a Steampunk / Victorian art direction. I have the full descriptions ready just not the time for the art. My budget allots for $50-$100 per piece created and example art of what we are looking for (below).

The artwork would be almost entirely interface. The style is Steampunk / Victorian colored in like a cartoon. (examples attached all found on the internet.) I will also include a full description for each scene. The process that I would like to go through would be to have 2-3 very simple pencil sketches and I choose the one closest to what I would like. Then you have free run with it from there. If there are any changes that should be made I'll make sure they are made by this point. I can also send you a copy of our one pager if you would like a better understanding of the game itself. As for deadline, As long as I can get the images by November 4th, I'm happy.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Regards,
    Justin Dooley
    justin.dooley(at)darkwave-studios.com

The descriptions are as follows:

Main Menu
    The Main Menu for Safe Breaker will be one large image with buttons incorporated into that image to look like an interactive background. The concept behind the main menu is that it will look like the basement of a small brick building in the late 1900’s. This is where the bank robbers would plan their crimes.

The main menu will consist of a Door with a sign that says Challenge Mode on it. This is the button you would click to start the challenge mode.

Mounted on the far right wall if the room is a old tube television on an adjustable arm.Clicking on this will bring you to the High Scores Select Page.

In the foreground, there is a table that has a bunch of papers and plans as well as a small dismantled safe. Clicking on the plans will bring you to the tutorial select page and clicking on the safe will bring you to free play mode.

also the room is a coat rack that has a coat hat on it. The coat has a price tag on it labeled credits. Clicking on this will bring you to the credits page.

High Scores

The art on the page would look like a old television monitor displaying scores the user can scroll through. surrounding the monitor would be many gears to emphasize the steampunk element. It is important to understand that this is not a "nice" piece of equipment and should be antiquity grungy.

Challenge Mode

Challenge mode will be the main area that the game takes place in. Here you get a close up view of a safe dial with notches around it. Every 10 numbers are labeled accordingly from 0(top) to 99. Challenge mode will have a menu that will allow the user to go back to the Title Screen, Restart the current puzzle or enter cheats.

The HUD consists of four elements. The users current score depicted as bags of money in the bottom right corner and the amount of time remaining depicted as a pocket stopwatch in the bottom left corner. The menu button is in the top right corner. When the user gets a number correct a digit on a piece of card stock paper will pop up to the right of the dial. These cards are held from the top by a metal support and will rotate the digit cards into view from behind the dial to appear mechanical.

Example Images

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone interested in this position should provide me with valid contact information. Otherwise how will I contact you to move forward with the position?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you to all who applied, The position has been filled.

For those of you who where not contacted it was mostly because of a difference in style and not quality of art work. Our style leans toward cartoon and steampunk and that is what we where looking for in our artists. We also looked at interface design experience as a plus but not a requirement.

Thank you again to those who applied. There is no shortage of very talented individuals out there. I will surly be back with a variety of work on later projects.

Regards,
    Justin Dooley

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.