Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gallery update not working

Thanks

Further Inquiry

Hi,

I have to agree with what NiyanaMae said about how frustrating this can be when you can see other peoples' works and being unable to post up your own works to share here on CA.

My next question towards emily g would be: what sort of update is this that you keep referring to that's causing this problem, and why is it being put on hold now - because of a TAD startup - and what is a TAD startup?

I've been wondering to ask about the URL that we keep seeing after each failed attempt to post up works, 'concept_slave'@'server2.greyskymedia.com; is this ongoing problem related to the website/link to greyskymedia.com whatsoever???? The reason is because I went ahead and did a quick google search of that link and what I found was some really shady site. There is this other link that goes on with showcasing the assumed 'crew' associates to greyskymedia.com

Please do offer a better/detailed explanation to this problem other than the 'update' that you've been mentioning, thank you.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    At one time, there was a planned update for the site. I haven't heard any more about it, and I think it's been put on hold. That is all I know about it.

TAD stands for The Art Department. It's a new online + real world art school that Jason has been creating with some other art instructors. You can learn more about it in the first section of the forums.

I think starting The Art Department is taking most or all of Jason's time right now, which is why any other updates have been put on hold. I don't know if he is still going to do the updates he planned, or maybe he has something else in mind altogether.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Out of curiosity, are the Albums in Member's Profile still accessible? If so perhaps just uploading to that for the time being vs the gallery until it is fixed can be a solution. Not the best one of course since it's not part of the top page.

Thanks
    even Avatar change isn´t possible since a few month now, deleting older pieces is possible, but updating with new ones, gives the same error than everyone else has mentioned before...
    I even had sent a mail to "site-techie" but never got a response...

OK, if its on hold because of the TaD, but there could be at least an official info about that, since the server traffic will be twice the amount if people always try to upload and change 3 times and more instead of only one upload that works.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Ok for now, I'm going to change Limit on Albums until the Gallery issue is fixed.

The only thing is I have to put certain limits on size of pictures and number of pictures that can be posted into the User Album. However, this is just a temp solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 601 Posts
    I uploaded to my gallery a couple of days back and it was OK then. Maybe it's intermittant, though, not saying it's fixed.

Thanks
    I'm glad to hear it worked for you, that's encouraging.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 601 Posts
    I caught it by surprise. Walked past the PC whistling then wham! I was there, uploading, before it could do anything about it

Thanks
    Please fix this, I have so much to put in my gallery, and I haven't been able to upload for months. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks
    I am a relatively new user but have been struggling with this problem for a few months. I have heard so many good things about this site, however, this issue has not filled me with confidence since I cannot share any of my work in a proper gallery.

I'm glad I am not the only one to have this problem. Since I have contacted the moderator (as the error message suggested) and have never received a response.

Something really needs to be done soon to correct this quite glaring problem.
    Visit my other galleries at:

Deviantart | CG Society | ImagineFX

Thanks
    Yes, I dont understand why the admins never respond. Not to be insulting, but it seems rather unprofessional. The gallery is not working at all. You cannot update, add or edit
    Corey W. Carter
    CWCARTERART

Thanks
    There is a big update planned for the site, meaning the gallery feature will updated/replaced. I know it's frustrating, but it makes more sense for the programmers to work on the update rather than work on fixing old problems.

Thanks

Ahhhhh@!!!! It's happening again!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, this really is unacceptable. The way this problem/issue is being handled. The problem is back!!

Please get this fixed once and for all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast