Sketchbook: Madness? This is SPARTAAA!!! [3 years 0 months of mad grind so far] - Page 28
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Molodez!

Ps. Mne nuzno nemnogo motivazii, tak chto ya naveroe vernusy snova postity zdesy na CA...che skazesh?!

Open for commissions......just PM me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ps. Я только за, брат :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have such a nice colour work in many of your pieces! I love the painting in #783 and the last girl in #793. I just think that the poses of many of your characters look very stiff. Maybe it would help you to do more small and fast gesture drawings. Or make studies of fighting scenes in movies or videos of athletes, just to get a feeling for more action and movement is poses.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaMetzger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Creusa View Post
    Ps. Я только за, брат :3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More for dying spirit.

Sketchbook
    --------------------------------------------------
    Creusa- n1frit - DanLiimatta - Fallen - Suz- Hu-ha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing is I am very disappointed with my school which is very noticeable, every time it stops - i am making more studies and stuff
    They always made me do graphic things which I dont consider nice at all. In fact I'm very surprise that somebody that cant even draw normally can make money.
    So yeah, the main thing I learn bout all of it, you don't need to have any of the drawing/painting skill to be comic artist (not the kick ass one, they're really few, but the average one). They color inks (which can be even cool and neat) as they please, not giving a f*ck about actually study realistic way of doing it. And they aren't used to what we do here on CA - study from life, do academic stuff. Instead of that they copy/trace images from google or movies. I'm tired of fighting my corner because all of them really like reading/making/compliment that type of... art. I've never did what I wanted to, which is realistic, painted comic and now its 3rd year and they dont make me do that anyway, because its too difficult (in their opinion) and takes time. Its takes a lots more time for me to make graphic thing then paint, but who cares there...
    So the least I can do is try to understand in which direction get going. I didnt have time to study traditionally painted comics, thanks to all the shiet they're keeping me busy with, so I'm really thinking that if I'll ever do a comic it will be painted digitally. So
    Lets see if I can make it with pencils at start
    Name:  1vin.png
Views: 357
Size:  1.02 MB

Last edited by Creusa; November 8th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm yeah it takes some effort to stay in a school you do not agree with...
    I know everything about it ! XD
    this cannot be worse than ICT school though :V

Anyway, it is indeed common for comics to be coloured faster. Painting a comic really takes a long time, but yeah I am not a fast painter. I guess you are XD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since you are not about to quit make sure school does as little damage as possible to your progress...
    You can do fully digital comic without inks or whatever nonsense they used to do back in the stone age.

Now there are tons of people of older generation who would go for the throat just to defend their sacred
    traditional mediums, and true they are wonderful tools, but they are no better then hammer or saw, and are
    useless without you, the artist, artisan, skilled professional, not mediocre image tracer or con.
    But people are reluctant to change and also enjoy seeing people being dragged down to their level.

Take care.

Sketchbook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sushy QvQ
    Liberty /fallin on knees. Thanks god its ending soon, these days every time I face the butthurt moment I'm like... there wont be any November 1st at this school anymore.
    The thing that makes me angry is that those tracers are publishing their work, getting it distributed in thousands and making good profits out of it... and then, here on CA, so many cool motivated guys that probably wont even see their own work printed anywhere -_-

gestures, trying out the pencil brush (got it from CGhub)
    Name:  2.png
Views: 340
Size:  143.2 KB
    Name:  1.png
Views: 344
Size:  79.8 KB
    Name:  5.png
Views: 342
Size:  46.9 KB
    Name:  4.png
Views: 341
Size:  111.8 KB
    Name:  3.png
Views: 342
Size:  52.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

18. The Following User Says Thank You to llex_paul For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    llex_paul ty

Does it seem to be finished now...
    Name:  Masta.png
Views: 542
Size:  530.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will have a partially related rent here, because you mentioned this shit up, and I dont have icq anymore ,
    mby I should pick up your skype or something, yeah if you have, pm me.

What I have found is that good information is hard to get these days, since there is so much information,
    most of it is of no real sincere value but rather damaging mass production of information, major being tv,
    internet and books but also some schools, situation you are in right now.
    So to see tru all this BS people would have to have unreal amounts of critical thinking ability, but
    n reality they are rather naive, much like me, and are keen on believing any roses and daisies story you can pack well.

Think of any movement throughout of human history, and every single one is made on lies and deceit,
    western world being leader of corrupt today. In Siria for example you would possibly get stoned to death on the streets
    if found to be a cheat of any kind, or not following their social norms but thats a whole another story, so you would think twice
    on fooling people around, but everyone on the west seem to be so polite, you are a cheat? you did false claims and now
    cant match up with your words, I should find another one who will not lie so much and promise me I can be or do
    any and everything in the world. Where are the broken skulls for all the low blows? I guess there arnt any.

What the.... what was I... aha,cheer up, get up and dont ever give up hahaha. Thats not even funny,
    yeah do what you want basically and maybe that tracers get you printed, so they are instantly transformed
    into being a good thing for your personal benefit, see how this works, splendid.
    Also, awesome sketches.
    I think illu is finished just by the time its being processed, mby it should be left alone.

Take care.

Sketchbook

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Privet,

First of all, sorry, I read your rant earlier, but didn't have the time nor the will power to reply (apparently autumn isn't the best time for us artists this last week was the crappiest week for me in the UK, yet ).

Anyways, imo, if you can, try to keep doing this: "...smile, say that their stuff looks cool, and when you can, do your own stuff your own way..." it's not easy but if all you really want/need right now are some good marks and a degree, i think you'd be able to pull it off.
    Keep in mind that there are always dozens if not hundreds of copycats that follow the same "guidelines" as their teachers, do exactly the same things but never achieve anything in their lives/careers...because the pros./editors/publishers (and most of the times it's only their opinion is the one that really matters) would see them only as "tracers, copycats etc..." and there are quite a few examples of this shit here on CA too.

It probably won't be as simple as it sounds, but i think you should decide what you really want to do after you get your degree, i mean; do you really want to work in mainstream comicbook industry? do you want to self publish? do digital comics? ...something else?

And remember that those who do succeed in life are those who do it in their own original way, doing something unique and great.
    Keep doing what you do! Keep believing in yourself and your dreams, and i'm sure you'd get there!

Been listening to this in loops for the past few days...."Forever trusting who we are.... No, nothing else matters..."

Cheers,

Alex.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I needed to update with smth in order to respond
    Some nice motivational strategy in here
    Name:  img185.png
Views: 551
Size:  470.7 KB

Liberty not into skype/icq thing for months now. but chatting here is ok XD
    I totally agree with you on getting-good-information-problem but in the region of internet/tv/books and stuff I think a smart person still can do a research and decide which source is worth looking.
    Getting infos from people concerns me more. I'm not used to this polite society. In fact I rarely communicate with people around here, because there's this superficiality in every talk they do, which was almost totally absent in my native city. This has something to do with the way of living, I think. Often chilling based on too much free time one's having always leads to a waste. Back in Russia no one had too much free time, the life was hard, one could barely pay for its apartment and not a minute could be invested into an ethic talk. People were straight and the lie thing presented only within those kind of people which could get a quick profit doing it. And they were not respected.
    Here I often see people chatting and not getting any conclusions out of it. Hearing one's complaining the other's just like "aha", "yes", "indeed". He doesn't give any solutions to the talker which would a normal person do immediately. No one cares about anything but the words are going out of mouths like a meteor shower. School is the same thing here. I dunno why but in its walls people barely do anything and the main thing is expected to be developed at home. There always was this line "after you finish it, you'll study what you want... you'll think what you really interested in and....". And what for those who've already decided? What a shame, finishing the academy of fine arts without actual skill... Disgusting.
    A good teacher isnt talking about his tricks or ways of doing, being competitive with other professors or students. I'm really tired of this childish nonsense.
    I'm trying to get smth useful out of everything but its hard with all this trash indeed.
    Kiss you in the belly btw.
    Fallenangel I'm pulling it off for 2 years now and its 3rd. And the fun thing about it - they won't give me any degree. My patience is something spectacular.
    I decided what to do professionally when I was pretty much 16. And the normal getting-degree school is't part of my life since 14? I've never doubted the main goal.
    That was just a thing in the middle, a curiosity, since you know, there is no comic industry in russia and I had no idea what it is like not reading it but making. Theoretical part of the thing. I didnt expect this to transform into an epic quest of making graphic things that dont have anything to do with the grind and that, mainly, are getting into my way. All of it because, mentioning early "after you finish it, you'll study what you want... you'll think what you really interested in and do a comic....". I though after finishing this school i would be able to paint a nice comic, but its not gonna happen. I wasn't preparing myself for this goal doin graphic stuff. I regret wasting my time, its pretty much it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I though after finishing this school i would be able to paint a nice comic, but its not gonna happen. I wasn't preparing myself for this goal doin graphic stuff. I regret wasting my time, its pretty much it.
    Hey Cre. It's hard to expect from someone to make pro work after 3 years of school. Most people in mid twenties after finishing studies can't do professional work at all. But don't worry, time spent drawing isn't wasted. Your painting skills are very good already, You can use them in many kinds of work/illustrations and maybe publish a comic too. It's hard to find a school of dreams, most of art schools here are rather killing your will to create and You have actually to fight with it to take the best things of it lol. Anyway: don't worry about these comic "artists", maybe they're getting paid but they're doing shitty work. With your skills You can find your own niche where you can use real skills and be noticed for orginality.
    About your artwork - your anatomy is getting better but I'd suggest focusing on it now - vids from Vilppu are life-changing lol, also drawing as many people as You can from life. Cheer up onkel! QvQ

27. The Following User Says Thank You to hu-ha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fallenangel I'm pulling it off for 2 years now and its 3rd. And the fun thing about it - they won't give me any degree. My patience is something spectacular.
    I decided what to do professionally when I was pretty much 16. And the normal getting-degree school is't part of my life since 14? I've never doubted the main goal.
    That was just a thing in the middle, a curiosity, since you know, there is no comic industry in russia and I had no idea what it is like not reading it but making. Theoretical part of the thing. I didnt expect this to transform into an epic quest of making graphic things that dont have anything to do with the grind and that, mainly, are getting into my way. All of it because, mentioning early "after you finish it, you'll study what you want... you'll think what you really interested in and do a comic....". I though after finishing this school i would be able to paint a nice comic, but its not gonna happen. I wasn't preparing myself for this goal doin graphic stuff. I regret wasting my time, its pretty much it.
    Hey,

I read your response to Liberty too, and i must say that you can't imagine how i agree with you about the difference in mentality and ways of communicating.
    I've been living in the UK for about 2 months now and and i'm also struggling to find people who are at least think the same as i do...they are all really polite and nice here, but most of them never experienced any problems/hardships in life. Hence, they don't really understand what i'm talking about when i mention working for 14-15 hours per day, 6 days a week to support myself and etc, and etc... often when you peel off all the politeness most of them simply don't really care about you to really listen, suggest help...
    I think you're right it's mainly caused by the difference in life styles and life experiences, but try to hold on there! You've reached the last 100 meters of the race, sprint 'em and give everything you've got!

And I know it might sound a bit cliche right now, but a smart person once suggested me not to regret anything in life, it is all for the best .

EDIT: PS, If there are some really nasty freaks there - that diss you on a regular basis, just PM me their names with links to their portfolios...i'm hanging around on some comic sites with some real professionals that can screw careers ...just saying.

Keep doing the awesome work you do,
    Cheers,
    Alex.

Last edited by Fallenangel; November 11th, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ну вот, давно не заходил а тут уже махач какойто!

sketchbook
    my web Looking for a work

Помогите c активностью форуму-скетчбуку mentalant.com

31. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah,I understand. Im afraid if I add something (and I have so much to say) we will just
    push the negative here, and it will not help anyone. What I like about you is that you have seen hardship, so that makes you down to earth in a way

Its good that youve expressed your frustrations.

And your chicks always look beautiful haha.

Sketchbook

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, my dears, you're so helpful considerating the dark times we're living (2012 and stuff)
    hu-ha DLing Villpu. we'll see what its all about
    Fallenangel Переключаюсь на русский чтоб меня за расизм не забанили В европе очень сильно развита политика потребления (в отличии от нас, особенно тех кто в прошлом веке родился). Люди живут чтобы потреблять, учатся, чтобы уметь потреблять, заводят семьи, чтобы потреблять то что не могут потребить в одиночку. У нас таких описывают глаголом "зажрались". И да, они реально не понимают как можно так много пахать, жить в лишениях, не иметь чего-то, что хочешь/в чем нуждаешься, отказываться от чего и т.д. Люди качают свои права, являясь свободными внутри (в своих иллюзиях), но на уровне системы и информации, которая им приподносится, скованны чем-то более... перспективным и от этого страшным. Это как доморощенные (не хочу думать с какой целью) растения, а спартанец из плоти и крови, конечно же, не падет под их гнётом. Причем в Италии это уже второе поколение такое (реально уже ничего не поделать). С людьми старше 70-ти, которые помнят голод и лампы на масле я ещё нахожу общий язык (и молодые когда это узнают тут, приставляют палец к виску, мол у этих старческий маразм, а у тебя чего?). Мы с бабуськами солидарны в том плане, что от такой жизни все больше нытиков и все меньше самостоятельного мышления. Думаю в Англии все не так плачевно как здесь, где молодежь необразованна (южный менталитет - ешь ещё больше кокосов и бананов, чунга чанга диско клабы). But still there's nothing to be done.
    Депрессия, однако, это что-то внутреннее и вполне может меня сожрать. Я уже начала гуглить витамины, есть грецкие орехи, может хотя бы самовнушением добьюсь чего-то хорошего.
    n1frit ниндзя!
    Liberty I suppose you're one of the last standing normal people on the land of Unabashed Chill. haha
    we're cool yeah

Name:  SAM_21532.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  310.6 KB
    my first try of liquid acrillics... still detailing. prof didnt like it, but I'll plan to bring it to all its greatness

Last edited by Creusa; November 15th, 2012 at 06:24 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...6&d=1351287282
    quasi piango per quanto è bello.. invidia a vagonate

37. The Following User Says Thank You to marcocasalvieri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quella me la dovrei anche aggiustare per mettere nel portfolio QvQ ne vale la pena, yes.

wip wip wip
    Name:  SAM_2164.png
Views: 356
Size:  377.2 KB

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up man. Yes man.

Sketchbook

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Устрой лагерь жизни для "мягких людей". Тур поездки в рашку без гарантий и обязательств)

sketchbook

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fallenangel Переключаюсь на русский чтоб меня за расизм не забанили В европе очень сильно развита политика потребления (в отличии от нас, особенно тех кто в прошлом веке родился). Люди живут чтобы потреблять, учатся, чтобы уметь потреблять, заводят семьи, чтобы потреблять то что не могут потребить в одиночку. У нас таких описывают глаголом "зажрались". И да, они реально не понимают как можно так много пахать, жить в лишениях, не иметь чего-то, что хочешь/в чем нуждаешься, отказываться от чего и т.д. Люди качают свои права, являясь свободными внутри (в своих иллюзиях), но на уровне системы и информации, которая им приподносится, скованны чем-то более... перспективным и от этого страшным. Это как доморощенные (не хочу думать с какой целью) растения, а спартанец из плоти и крови, конечно же, не падет под их гнётом. Причем в Италии это уже второе поколение такое (реально уже ничего не поделать). С людьми старше 70-ти, которые помнят голод и лампы на масле я ещё нахожу общий язык (и молодые когда это узнают тут, приставляют палец к виску, мол у этих старческий маразм, а у тебя чего?). Мы с бабуськами солидарны в том плане, что от такой жизни все больше нытиков и все меньше самостоятельного мышления. Думаю в Англии все не так плачевно как здесь, где молодежь необразованна (южный менталитет - ешь ещё больше кокосов и бананов, чунга чанга диско клабы). But still there's nothing to be done.
    Депрессия, однако, это что-то внутреннее и вполне может меня сожрать. Я уже начала гуглить витамины, есть грецкие орехи, может хотя бы самовнушением добьюсь чего-то хорошего.
    First of all the last pics look great! ...so you can tell your haters to fuck off.

Second, I don't really care about being banned from CA and i don't really have a Russian keyboard on my laptop either so....
    After reading what you wrote few times, all i can say is:
    Yeah you're right here in the UK they are mostly quite educated. However, their knowledge does not extend beyond what they've been taught at schools...and most of them really couldn't care less about anything else beyond their small facebook based worlds.
    The thing that annoys me the most is that even when I talk to people of the ages 20+ up to 40, most of them still have the same thinking patterns as if they were 18 year old kids.
    Don't get me wrong, there are some really great people here, but it just seems that it's harder to find them and because of the difference in past experiences it is even harder to communicate with them.
    Anyways, i really hope that you'd get through all your problems in one piece!

Keep doing what you like!

Cheers,
    Fallen.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You need to get back to your tribe, where your heart and mind belongs to.

Im not sure if your problem is solely from being in consumer society
    where hardly anybody experienced food hunger or any kind of
    physical trauma, thats def part of the issue but these are
    external, theres also your part that you might have gone
    in opposite direction of what you truly want from life.
    Even when you publish your comic, nothing will change to a
    greater extent.
    Now thats all assuming since I dont know you well but
    Ill gladly take the punch.

And the majority will by laws of contrast always be bad.
    Like-minded people are find in the few, as quality wine or
    whatever.
    So strive to rise the bar and see how you make the majority
    perceive even worse.

Also to Fallen, you need to dig deeper for again like-minded
    people, they are there, dont give up!

Take care.

Sketchbook

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Liberty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dima's devil plan need to be implemented.
    Fallenangel
    The thing that annoys me the most is that even when I talk to people of the ages 20+ up to 40, most of them still have the same thinking patterns as if they were 18 year old kids.
    Euro style. Yeah. I have a small russian student society here and they're often joke about that shiet. Because even teachers in school are getting into talking-fight with students as if they were equal. When the difference in age is like 20-30+. I remember a line from math prof *screaming to a 11 old kid* "IT WAS A SARCASM AND U DIDNT GET IT" *winner smile in the end*. -_-"
    Don't get me wrong, there are some really great people here, but it just seems that it's harder to find them and because of the difference in past experiences it is even harder to communicate with them.
    Neat. I know some people speaking 5-6 languages, bookfans and... lets say it simply, smart ones and I can't really chat with them anyway because of this shiet. They're just smart and I respect them for that ahaha

Liberty I could write you a lot bout the matter, but the main thing is... that the consumer policy was imposed to my ppl since usssr died (our way of living weren't based on consumption, not even close, abroad society couldn't connect with it and decided to break it off and assimilate, well u should know that) and its still being implemented to us as an ideal way of living. Thanks to it, our education system changed a lot in this century (got worse, teaching how to be a qualified consumer not a thinker) and the people aren't really the same in cities which I could transfer myself to make a living doing art. Siberia was suffering really hard when I was a kid and still didn't went far from soviet standards. Richness isn't something one should be proud of there. Its a bad quality. Everyone need to be the same in my opinion and if one's over-standing he better go to cell or smth The feeling of disparity and justice is very strong in me. I don't see the reason why would anyone in EU cry over financial crisis that does not let them get as many clothes and useless stuff they were used to buy, when every 10 minutes an African kid dies from hunger. They still have their goods, cars, apartments to sell. I feel a very deep sense of disgust every time I hear smth bout a new strike or people complaining about not having any money WHILE DRINKING A COFFEE AT THE BAR. What a shame, saint god.
    I don't see this ideology within young people anymore. And my old "friends" from my native town tagged me as a "rich" element and its not gonna change ahaha. The town is actually so poor than its better not to mention that you were living abroad. I think I'm not as strong as them too by the way. Their life experience now is far beyond mine. Actually they're so seasoned right now that they wouldn't understand any of my texting here. They're dealing with things all day everyday and my "somehow complaining" proofs that I'm a very weak person.
    This 7-8 years made me strong and at same time soft as a baby's ass. There is no perfect place where I could apply both of my life experiences without distress but... who cares. I'm just accepting the facts. The positive thing I've developed facing the awkward here is self-sufficiency. Its a great tool. I just need to share the pain time to time but there's no actual need in physical connection with society or such.
    So thanks for cheering me up. It was the hard time.
    Name:  SAM_2168.png
Views: 321
Size:  634.8 KB

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Creusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Know your loneliness bro... Рисуй то, что тебя беспокоит. Больше собственных мыслей и меньше мейна.

sketchbook

51. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

Name:  SAM_2170.png
Views: 368
Size:  670.9 KB

guess what i've re-watched

Last edited by Creusa; November 19th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am curious what happened Anna :0 Are you thinking of moving back to Russia or something? Anyway, in the Netherlands they are complaining about the crisis too all the fucking time. I have the idea this crisis exists from people calling it a crisis. Anyway, maybe they are scared of losing jobs. That is a big problem here. Life is expensive here, if you cannot make enough money you are pretty scrued here. I mean, you have to pay for health insurance, food, rent, electricity, water, hamsters, tablets and hamster food.
    anyway, comics are getting badass. Did you rewatch avatar? It is the only show I know with furry hoodies.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast