Page 45 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hi my friend do you like drawing challenge

visit this link in the same forum http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=202304

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Hey Guys and Girlz!

Here are last week's drawings, I've been drawing with my left hand.. =)

There's Bridgman, bit of Vanderpoel, imagination, a touch of Hogarth, and some reference..
    Going to be looking at your crits soon.

Have a great week guys and have FUN with your Art. =)))

Lt Plissken, hey bro, sure thing, I'll try to make the scans a bit bigger for next time. Yip, that was sort of an experiment with a drawing, but I'll make things lighter in future, thank you bro. =)

Qlotzan, thank you very much bro, your kind words mean a lot to me. Let's keep drawing and improving with every piece. I will try to do a draiwng challenge, I'm not very good though.. I still feel like I can't challenge anyone else just yet. Keep well for now bro. =)

Llex Paul, hey bro, thank you kindly for looking at my works. I will render some more things, in this last post I've started with some eyes rendering, but yip.. you are right, I don't render much, I will start doing some more finished and refined pieces. Thank you bro, I hope you are enjoying your paintings. =)

Seraph Fawkes, howdy bro! Yip, you hit the nail on the head, we got to keep motivated and have our goals in mind to succeed. Thank you and keep well for now bro. =)

Loathsome, hey bro, thank you for the awesome crit bro! I've started to take some notes now, I like to feel how the proportion is going though, like I will make notes for the moment, but in the end I need to be firmly within my mind, but I understand you, my proportion needs desperate work. I will keep working on it bro.
    You are completely right about the book reference. Atm, I'm studying from the books to understand a certain base level of knowledge. However, I thoroughly agree with on the point that I need to get some variety into my work by studying photo reference. I will start to mix in some of it into my work. It definitely helps to explore this for faces, as they are so difficult, but interesting. =)
    Goals are coming soon, I'll put them up on my first page soon. Thank you very much bro, you are helping me improve so much. I will come take a look at your works soon and give you some loving too. Let's improve together, Have a great week man! =)

Bethany, hey sister! No worries, let's keep working hard and focusing on our drawing goals. Thank you and keep well. =)

Vatsel, hey bro! Aww man thank you.. I'm really pleased to hear that, your kind words have set me up nicely for the new week. Muchas gracias, coming to see your works soon bro, have a good one. =)

Veshkau, hey Steve! Aww man, this is great, thank you guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Bro, I checked out your website, it's bloody AWESOME, your art is sooo COOOOOOL. Have a fantastic week man! =)

Alexson, hey bro, thank you muchly, that is a good point.. I would love to share my personal works if you guys are interested to see them. Keep well for now bro. =)

Thanks
    hey Kungfoowiz, you're improving alot.
    Liking the studies and more natural lines.
    Keep up the good work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to danlucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cool stuff man try to think about what you're drawing, I see a lot of unnecessary or sloppy marks, also look at noses. Yours are looking kinda weird at the moment either really flat or too bulbous But overall good stuff, just keep it up the Vanderpoels are awesome
    [ahr-ki-tay-lor]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Architaylor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

Huh, you are trying to focus on everything at once
    in the world, and you just want to cover all drawing subjects.
    Why don't you concentrate only on one thing at once, it could be less
    distracting for you.
    I think that you dissipate too much energy in vain.
    Try to focus on a certain area of the whole learning process,
    like for example, do a bunch of drawings from life, then do
    a bunch of anatomy studies, then go for some head studies,
    but do not mix it all up, and do not rush things so much, cause
    I have a slight feeling that you are rushing at most of your drawings.
    Anyway, those are just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
    Glad to see your dedication rising again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nice flowers! and those eyes a bit up are stunning. keep it up
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaintMyBrain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Hey Guys and Girlz!!!

Okay guys.. you guys asked to see personal work, .. I'm just not sure whether I'm really ready to show them to you yet.

I realise that my drawing still needs a lot of work.. I tend to be a bit scribbly at times.. I'm really sorry about this, I do what I can do improve, promise..

This morning's update is just life drawings and two pages of imagination from last night.. thank you guys.. I hope your own drawings and paintings are going well. =)

Dan Lucas - Heya bro.. thank you muchly.. =)

Taylor - Hey bro, yeah, I've been drawing with my left hand for a while now, but it's no excuse, I need to tidy up my mark making.. you're right bro.. yeah, noses are giving me some bother atm, I took a look at your studies and got some ideas on how to improve with them. Thank you muchly bro.. =)

Lt Plissken - Thank you bro.. yip.. I do rush many drawings, it's because I'm running out of time.. I only have a year and a half left to learn how to draw.. and then I have to find a job, and I really don't want to go back to car washing again. I would like to do drawing as a job somehow.. Definitely though, I'm spread a bit thin, I will do some finished (more polished) works soon.. you aren't wrong.. thank you for your encouragement bro.. =)

Paint My Brain - Hey bro.. thank you muchly, I will come see your works soon too.. keep well for now. =)

Bethy - Hey sister.. Ahhh.. lol.. thank you, those are the Vanderpoel eyes (from his book). I'm happy that you like them.. I will slow down soon.. I hope.. sorry that things look a little scratchy right now.. =)

Thanks
    that good practice my friend

you have to do more shading technique practice

i like to share this movie with you keep focus about the way of sahing and the hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYGUYjkjn7k

good luck
    Qlotzan
    Last edited by qlotzan; December 16th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    HEy! I actually agree with most people here. Some of your works look rushed with unnecessary lines. I like the energy. You could tone it down a bit tho.

My personal opinion is to try using pen only, or marker only. Tools where you can't erase, for about a month, maybe a year. Then from that. Focus your attention on "specific" studies each day. Like day one you only draw heads. Day two you only paint hands,etc.

I actually have a goal in mind for myself. I had to re-evaluate myself as an artist. I do it more and more now actually lol... I look at others' works to keep inspired, and then I re-evaluate my skills, and my goals.

I find that making a daily, or monthly schedule for your training or personal time for art is well worth the effort. I've been growing much more since, as oppose to just randomly sketching and painting. I have started to focus on specific areas I need to improve on to reach my goal. Ye, I know there's a lot of areas I want to focus on all at once, but I have to remind myself, that the best way is the STEADY way. one thing at a time. After pursuing animation, I've learned a lot, and that has increased my whereabouts of the drawing process.

well, those are my thoughts. Hope I helped. Peace friend.
    Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

17. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man, I feel lazy after checkin your thread. Keep that pencil point hot like lava!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to alexson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 907 Posts
    hello there

nice works mate ! your studies are always nice

i think you're approaching drawing from imagination the hard way. you should draw the same kind of things you draw by observation and study. you can then go farther and farther from the original model. it's my opinion of course.

good luck with your nexts

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    keep doing these! yess improvement!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to hücumkedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

Ok, do rushed studies if you have to rush,
    but try at least once a week or once in a month
    to do something more detailed. Will mean much.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I really agree with LtPlissken, it's good to do gestural studies, and you're definitely still on the right track, though more long studies in there too would be beneficial. Some photo studies, master studies, and attempts at imaginative illustrations would help out a lot probably. Keep up the great work dude!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jeremygordon89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey man its been a while since i checked in here but just looking over this last page i see alot of improvment. i really like your fast and loose sketches your doing a good job there... just remember not to go to fast take a breath and really study your subject try and look and what your drawing and flatten it in your head then look for the key edges that define that subject excellent job with all the sketches keep working hard and grinding it out just dont get rushed

29. The Following User Says Thank You to prsnsweeney For This Useful Post:

Page 45 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast