Sketchbook: Art of Kungfoowiz - Page 20
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Art of Kungfoowiz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello bro

the last hands looks far mores structured than the rest, but the rest had a flow quality that's good to keep.

your 3d hand is nicely done, good mesh. you could wteak some vertex to make it more natural posed.

take care

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice hands! I really like the wireframe you drew over them, great sense of form! the 3D hand looks good too as far as I can see weeeeee

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alexson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The selfportraits are getting better. Just keep doing them and pay close attention and they'll get better every time you do them. And when you feel frustrated, be glad that you are because then you're forcing your brain to learn something new!

Keep pushing!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Loathsome For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am in love with your dedication!!!You know its very important seeing u working on a subject that u feel like u fail and keep working on it to improve it.So that means u are not sucking at all.
    Of course there is no immediate improvement but with your dedication at least be confident with yourself.
    Great.U are working with 3d software.I remember myself working in 3d studio max for years and i still do and i think that working with 3d on the side gives us better understanding in construction and generally seeing and understanding things in their 3d nature.
    Keep it up hardworking mate!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 875 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's how i began, terrific studies!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mike butkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love those hand studies on the other page. Having a really hard time doing them. Keep it up

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaintMyBrain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm gonna second what "fantasyartist" said, form it's one of the fundamentals among gesture, value

14. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys and girlz! =)

FantasyArtist - Hey bro!!! Yip.. you are completely right about the form.. Thank you bro, I took your advice and remodeled my hand with more of a bone structure in mind, I even reshot the photo ref and drew lines over my hand with pen too. Thank you bro.. you are keeping me in check and that can only be good for me. Thank you muchly, I will come around to see your works soon.

Zou - Hidey ho bro! Yip.. that's the thing, I got to strike a balance between basic form (which makes my stuff look so stiff) and flowing, which I prefer. I think that's why I don't use much structure. Loved your traditional oil painting btw, coming around again soon, keep up those works or studies. Yip, there is a new hand coming along soon, it's taking much longer than I thought, it will be posed in a relaxed position. Have a good weekend bro.

Alexson - Thank you bro! Yip, the wireframe helps for placing edge loops, although I'm still a noob at making them properly.

Loathsome - Thank you bro, I'm happy to hear that, because for a whlie I've been thinking they're going wonky. Keep well for now bro. =)

Bethany K - Hey sister! Waha! I'm surprised to hear that.. alright, tbh.. I feel that something needs to change in how I'm doing things, to progress faster.. Thank you very much and keep well. =)

KingKostas! - Aww bro, thank you, it still isn't enough though.. othe work is holding me back. =/ But.. I'm really pleased to hear this bro. =)
    Yip, there is plenty of fail, it's the only way to learn. Waaah.. I always suck bro, I actually need to suck even more, lewl. =)
    Thank you bro, good luck with your painting, it is amazing even unfinished, but stick with it. Have a great weekend bro and keep well for now.

Mike Butkus - Whoa... I didn't expect you to comment on my work Michael.. aww bro thank you.. Have a good weekend. =)

Paint My Brain - Hey bro, cool name. =) Hands can be tricky but the secret to drawing them is to know their structure well. Hogarth is pretty good for this, if you look at pages 68, 69, & 120-121 (especially) in Dynamic Figure drawing book.

Andres - Hey bro! Lewl, yip.. you have a good eye, there is definitely a lack of form. I'll put in some more time and slow down to work on the basic forms. Keep well for now bro. =)

Self portrait

I took Fantasy Artist's advice and remade the sculpt, trying to make it more meaty.. Next I'm going to use the Paint Deform tool and refine/sculpt this things further, using my own hand for reference.

Imagination, Bridgman, Hogarth

Keep well everyone, have a fantastic weekend! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm yeah there's def more improvement

why wont you draw your next sp looking upwards?

Also - here's some stars for the determination

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man. thanks I like ur name as well will need tons of practice on them hands, you know if there is an e-book for that Hogarts book? cheers and keep drawing

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PaintMyBrain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're doing nice work and great studies !

keep on track

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enmmmm....I dont know what reason ,I can not see your picture....do you use the link?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Puuuush iiiiit! I can see improvement!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Loathsome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update i like the doodle and 3d hands study

keep it up mate

Have fun

Qlotzan

27. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys and Girlz! =)

Vatsel - Aww bro.. thank you very much.. seriously though.. I don't think I deserve the stars, I would like to be better and stars will make me relax and not improve as fast. But.. I appreciate your kind gesture.

PaintMyBrain - Pleasure bro, yip, practice until your hand hurts drawing your other hand. =) Nope, I don't know of a link, I think there is Dynamic Anatomy by Hogarth though on a torrent.. but I didn't say that.. =)
    I'm working from a hard copy of Hogarth's Dynamic Figure Drawing though.

Zou! - Ta bro, need to step up my game though.. keep up too bro, I'll be coming around again soon.

LAL - Hey bro, I'm not sure, no one else seems to have said they had problems with the linked images. Please let me know again soon if you still can't see them. Thank you bro, keep well and good luck with your next studies too.

Loathsome - Wahaa! That's it, going to start pushing iiiiittttt =) Keep up there too bro, coming around soon..

Qlotzan - Aww thank you bro, the doodles were made mostly on the train, but they should be better. I will come take a look at your works soon, keep well for now. =)

Okay guys.. really didn't expect a star rating.. but.. I don't want to relax because of it, so there will still be fail drawings.

Self portrait (in the looking up position, as requested by Vatsel.. personally I think I failed on this one.. also the hatching is.. well.. atrocious.. sorry.)

Progress on the hand, it doesn't look like much has changed, but I've been trying to smooth out the geometry a bit and sculpt the fingers and thumb somewhat.

Imagination, reference, Hogarth, Bridgman
    (really feel like my imagination work needs improvement..)

Have an AWESOME WEEK! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey KFW.
    The only thing I have to say is be careful with proportions. Try to go in really faint on the first lines and don't commit to them until you're sure the proportions are good.
    Definitley don't start shading until the linework is nice. Take some more time on each one, don't rush.
    Be careful with your eyes too. There isn't just a top line and a bottom line. You did some great eyes in your studies and then when you do self portraits the eye gets too simple.

Cool book, love your energy. I wish I could draw hands like you man, outstanding studies.
    Keep it up and see you soon.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jigje For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man the energy you put into this SB is very admirable. I'm trying to emulate that myself with my own SB. I have noticed that you give a lot of good feedback to others so I thought I'd stop by and maybe see if I could suggest something myself.

So here is my piece, hope it helps:

when you draw out the loomis ball shape (if that is how you construct a head) then make sure the eyes aren't too low down the ball. Your foreheads and domes of the skull seem very rounded and large. Perhaps just making these slightly smaller would help.

Other than that its all looking really good, keep up the hard work!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh my god, I can not see the pictures still……

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the reason why your last SP didn't turn out as you wanted was because of the neck - its too long. I think you are looking down at the viewer? Because in that case, we should see the underneath of the jaw.
    Also, I'm not 100% where the light source is?

Studies are going great dude, keep this up and you're going to improve alot in a short amount of time

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sulphur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Your work pace is 200mph.
    I am left speechless.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

38. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, nice studies you have there..., keep them up!
    On your last SP, even though you correctly showed the lower side of you nose, you didn't show us the lower side of your jaw, also, I think your eyes could be a bit covered by your cheeks on that particular POV, since we're looking at you from below.
    Also your neck is a bit too long..., maybe you could try again this specific position, but now thinking about this things, in order to correct them and get a better perspective... you know?

Keep drawing!

My sketchbook - help me get better!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to fernandoart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm, it's great seeing this sketchbook. You have improved so much in these pages
    It's very inspiring to see fellow artist who work, work, work!
    Keep up the great progress mate!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think this sp is the best one you've posted

more structure, more work ! you're awesome man

for the hand, do u use a meshsmooth modifier or you're trying to meshsmooth manually (wich a bit laborious)

take care

44. The Following User Says Thank You to zou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should draw a proportionate skeleton, and then lay the muscles over it. Right now, you're still struggling with proportion. I hope you can work on it Your work is awesome otherwise.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Ephelea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GOD DMAN!!! A whole week and nho drawing, you see, that's what happens when you take an art course, you don't actually end up drawing, how MESSED UP IS THAT?

Jigje - Hey bro! Yip.. mm proportion is something I'm always working on. I will try to go more faintly with my lines as you recommend there.. =) I have a bad habit of simplifying my eyes in the self portraits.. I will keep trying though and looking at ways to make them look more convincing.
    Hands are pretty simple to draw, it is just structure and flow (Take a look at the section on hands in Hampton's Figure Drawing Design and Invention, it's a good place to start).

ThomasM - You make a good point, the facial mass is a touch too low, I'll look into this in my next studies. Thank you for that bro, keep well for now.

LAL - Ah.. mmm, it could be the image host is blocked, I'm back to using CA's image uploader. You should be able to see how crap my studies are now. =)

Sulphur - Hey Sulphur! Mmm, I was looking up actually, so we would see more of the neck. The light is coming from above, just my room light really. Thank you for your kind words.. I think sometimes I'm not improving, but it's important not to get down about it, you can only improve as much as you want to improve. And.. at the moment, I'm not trying hard enough to improve at all. It really does suck, but we'll see, something needs to chnage I think. =)

LtPlissken - Waha! I wish.. this week has been -200mph!! =) It's time to start drawing on the toilet, as I'm walking up the stairs to school, as I'm climbing into bed, when I'm eating my porridge in the morning, got to think of new ways to torture myself. =)

Fernandoart - Definitely bro, I messed up the eyes in that upward position, the bags of the eyes and a bit of the cheek should've covered more there. =( Thank you bro, I will have to be more vigilant.. but yip, keep up your studies too. =)

Luckers - Hey bro, thank you for the encouragement, mmm, it still isn't enough though, and this week has been a disaster, I'm really sorry about this. But yip.. got to start drawing when I'm doing other things, it's going to be weird for a while.

Zou - Aww, thank you bro, I didn't realise, I thought it was my worst one tbh. Yip, moare all round tbh, just need to bust out more now, because this last bunch is just pure crap! Mmm, you will see soon now, I've put on the meshsmoother. The basic block in is fairly... well.. blocky, and then meshsmooth makes it look real, it's such a sell out. 3d modeling is a fallacy! =) Btw, I hate computers. You too bro, sorry I haven't been around much, I still love you =)

Ephelea - Hey babes! It's been a while.. busy with school? =) Definitely, proportion is just a constant thing for me.. working on it, promise, I'll do a skelly study soon. =)

Okay guys... Thank you for the support, it means a lot to me that you guys care about me. =)

Coming around soon to see your works, so have them ready!!

Not much.. and mostly crap..
    Self portrait, Bridgman, Hogarths, imagination, progress on the 3d hand (that's crap too)

Attached Images Attached Images                                              
    Last edited by Kungfoowiz; October 17th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool brother. The eyes in that sp are much more believable man.

I look at any one of the sp's on this page and think that if you were to spend a little more time smoothing out the shading they'd be killer. Could be a scanner/photo thing though

Well done ya hard worker.

50. The Following User Says Thank You to jigje For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies mate. The 3d hand is starting to look really good! As for your heads, and this also applies to a lot of your other drawings, they look like balloons with features/details on them. You jump too fast to details and shading while there's no structure to hold them togheter. The human body is composed of bones, flesh muscles etc. so these are the things that you should be looking for and communicating to the viewer. I did a quick sketch over your self portrait. you did a good job in the area of the nose and the eyes but the rest is lacking structure. Very simple things like seperating the front and the side plane of the head help alot. Hope this helps. Keep it up bro!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

52. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great edward great.Thats it your work start becoming more solid.This sp is better and i see it made fantasyartist to make an overpaint to it.You made better rendering and gave volume to your head cause u understood its 3d basic form better.
    Yep proportions are one of the most important elements.Keep it up, you really doing great!!!

54. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you are working tons lately, and this studies are helping you a lot mate. All is getting more defined no doubt. good point from fantasyartist, a good guide to follow.
    Happy to see you´re in 3d stuff too!

56. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Quantity of your anatomy and
    life studies will definitely pay off
    after time.
    That is what I have been told,
    so I guess they are right.
    You are on the right track, you
    have the will and the motivation,
    just do not give up now.
    Doing foreshortening on faces
    and figures can be a real bugger
    I know, it requires extra training.
    Keep up, I'll catch you later.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

58. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 94