Sketchbook: Art of Kungfoowiz - Page 19

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Art of Kungfoowiz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ey mate - when shading, try to have your hatching so close that you get a tone.

Id also say that you should do less one liners and add a sketch that you really put a massive effort in, have an eraser at hand and just attack it until it looks good yknow?

keep up

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Loathie! Hey bro!!! Aww thank you bro.. you are so kind to provide me with this idea for relationships.. thank you very much for taking the time to show me how you think about the different parts of the face in relation to each other.
    I will take your advice on looking constantly for what is wrong in the face, almost telling myself in my mind that something is wrong, I think that's a really great way to improve, instead of making mistakes all the time.. I can't promise any changes overnight as usual, but I will try these things over and over until it sticks too. =) I will be coming around soon to see your works, so get them ready bro.. SAY NO TO VIDEO GAMES! =)

JAMIE! Bro!! Long time.. it is like you disappeared off into the desert or something. =) Thank you bro.. I'm glad you like some of the things. Yip, Bridgeman takes much patience.. and I'm slowly getting of the things, it is difficult, I will readily admit that, and I still fail a lot when drawing his things.
    Definitely bro.. mm, that's the thing, I'm trying to learn various construction techniques, and then form my own one which is kind of like a hybrid (collection?) of people's thoughts on how to make stuff.. weird I know.. but I can't see any other way to learn.. I'm stupid.. I have to sort of adapt to things and let a bit of this and that in, sort of like cooking with spices and chillies. =) Thank you bro.. I hope your freelancing is going alright.. you are super good at what you do.. and you worked hard too to be there.
    Keep well for now bro. =)

Vatsel Aww.. thank you bro.. I will give that go.. I've mostly been working in line for the moment.. but I will give that a good going.. thank you very much bro, that means a lot to me! =))
    Mmm, I'm not sure about attacking things, I prefer really accurate lines.. but... being as you are recommending it, and your art is sooo much better.. I think I'll attack a few drawings in the manner you describe. =)
    I will be coming around soon, because your AVATAR IS SO GOOD, and your art is good too. =)

Okay guys and girlz! Not much tonight, had other work on unfortunately, but done self portrait, imaginationish, and Bridgeman.
    Tomorrow should have more time to actually draw a decent amount of things.

Keep well everyone and have FUN!¬ =)))

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mangarang I think your drawing of faces would really benefit from several skull studies from many different angles it looks like you are doing them in pieces(which is fine, bridgman is never a bad thing) but when first starting out its very hard to kind of place those pieces together in your mind and actually have it turn out with the correct proportions but great it looks like you're on the right track.

Check out my sketchbook and comment/crit while you're there =)
    sketchbook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BAMeyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey BAMeyer!

Sure thing.. I see what you mean, I find it difficult to place the face sometimes on the face. Well, I mean.. I know the structure, I just don't know it well enough to draw it so it looks nice.. But.. in time I hope to practice and get it so it looks nice! =) I will do a few studies of the skull again soon, I think I did some last week already, but cool bro, I will do some again! =)

Hey guys and girlz!

Well, this is no excuse, I had to work all day on a storyboard project.. so I didn't get any drawing done except for my self portrait.

I'm really sorry to disappoint you guys, but I still did the sp to keep disciplined and to draw even when I'm feeling tired...

Thank you very much and God Bless! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ello mate. Good to see you doing a lot of studies - can see the improvement. Bridgman/Hogarth/Lemen/Loomis are all good for heads, but I'd also recommend looking at Kevin Chen's demo sketches (can find a lot of them here: http://www.characterdesigns.com/inde...page=tutorials). KChen is pretty amazing at getting things across, certainly worth a look. Keep up the good work and take care!

Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com | Sketchbook | CG Hub | Blog

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey mateee

1st check the link veshkau posted that one definitely taught me a few lessons.

and well.. err by attack I didnt mean go wild, but to let go of trying to draw the "perfect" line and getting it with trial and error (and an eraser haha!).
    And just do em man, do a lot of them. you need to find what youre neglecting, sometimes its quick stuff (gestures) and sometimes its the longer ones. cause variation is key.

other than that an immediate quick fix would be to not make the mouth area bulge out that much.
    All that stuff just becomes more and more obvious when you draw stuff from different angles and take yourself out of your comfort zone, thats when you see what youre struggling with and start to look for solutions.
    The opposite of that is doing the same pose 1684 times automatically without realizing, because your brain likes to have a nice cozy formula to draw something without much effort. so keep that in mind and try to avoid it like the devil.

Sorry for being incoherent - I blame the odd hours!
    -V

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see your tackling heads/faces too. lol I have such a problem with faces. i normally leave them out cuz i feel like it ruins my drawings. That is something that I am trying to overcome. Anywho keep up the good work. Do you draw a lot of cubes? They help a TON, lol, but if you are already doing it then nevermind

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys and girlz...

I feel soo tired right now.. I'm almost dead.. work is killing me..

Veshkau Bro.. thank you very much, when I feel better tomorrow I will take a look at your link, thank so os oso much for sharing with me.. just that I'm so tired, I can't read words or letters anymore.. You too bro, keep well for now.

Vatsel No worries bro.. you are making sense.. I think.. definitely agree with you about variation. I will take your advice and start to show some gestures in my next studies (when I'm not so dead that is..). Thank you bro, I will come see your works again soon, keep well for now.

Diarum - Honestly, don't leave them out, continue to draw them, even if they look crap. Because the more you draw them, the better you become, it's as simple as that. I draw cubes yes, but again, yip, not enough, moar are needed. You too bro, keep well for now.

Okay guys, can barely keep my eyes open.. here is another shameful update, just a self portrait tonight, I'm so sorry, I will make it up to myself and you guys soon, and that's a promise! =)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,171 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Edward the last one looks very interesting in its stylization.
    keep it up keep it up, i am glad seeing you fighting like that!!!
    I think these "drawing inside the box" really helps u work inside a 3d space.Good training
    keep up!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bro, I think you should use the three-dimensional way to understannd the head, because my English is bad, I find it hard to explain clearly, so I used the Bridgman to help you understand,you can see here..when you go to draw portraits,you can use this method to draw more accurater portraits , keep up my bro!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with LAL. You need to be way more careful with the construction of your heads. Draw a lot of basic forms daily. I think this will really help you. Keep it up!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kostas! Heya Kostas! Ahhh.. that is interesting, I wasn't drawing to stylise, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that it surprised me, it makes me wonder how I'm actually drawing sometimes.. Thank you bro, I will keep up.. just feeling so knackered from this past week.. =/ I will bro, mmm, yip, the box drawings really help to understand, you are right.. it is a good way to make things more spacious. =) I will come see your works soon, after a good night's rest.. lol.. keep well for now bro and have a lovely weekend. =)

LAL Bro.. you are so good to me.. I have not seen this Bridgeman page before, thank you for sharing it with me, I will use it to study from in my studies over this weekend.
    No worries, your English is fine.. =) Definitely, I'm starting to use the box principle a bit more now, I need way more practice with it though. You too bro, I hope things are going well for you, have a great weekend too. Keep well for now. =)

FantasyArtist Heya bro! Yip.. you are right, I'm pretty reckless with the construction, not only just heads, but almost everything I begin very loosely, sometimes just not even using construction (this is bad I think.. or maybe not.. I don't know.. but I should use more.. you are right) =)
    Sure thing, I'll practice some basic forms soon and post them up here. I hope your lady painting is going well bro, that leg just seems a bit off to me.. Have a good one bro and keep well for now. =)

Okay guys.. another shocking update,, just a shoddy self portrait to show for tonight. This is what a week's worth of storyboard drawing can do to my study schedule. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, good to see you are still active! Keep doing those portraits, they are a great way to learn. Keep up the good work!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to alexson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep doing the face proportion stuff from the books while you do the portraits.
    I had a super hard time to get the face stuff right, like the landmarks and all that. I was super lost, but eventually I got better at it. Not to say I'm some god at anything, I have tons to learn about faces still.

Keep pushing forward, even when you feel like doing something else, shake that feeling off and tell yourself to sit down and keep going. Even though you feel like "man I can't take this anymore, it's too much" it's usually not too much, it's just your brain trying to understand something it's not use to. Power through and you'll do fine. I just know you can do more, you'd be surprised on how much you can produce when you're in the motion. It's hard but worth it!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Loathsome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice man keep doing daily self portraits in pencil or whatever medium, they help a ton

sketchbook

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BAMeyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this one is better!

add shading, and draw more angles - keep up!

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alexson Word bro! Active, yip.. always active.. lol, silly. =) Thank you bro, yip portraits are such a fun way to learn, I'm actually thinking of taking it up to two or three portraits a day now. =) Hope you are having fun too, I will be coming around soon, so I need to see some fun. =)

Loathie! Wooohord! =) Definitely, I can never get enough of head reference, I will do more, it's cool bro! =) More is coming.. more more Moire. =) Coming around soon.. =)

BAMeyer Definitely.. it's the way to go really..

Vatsel Hoi hoi bro! Ta bro!, mmm, you want some shading, okay then, I will go get my sunshades and do some shading for you guys.. my shading is bad mind. =) Angles we can do too.. thank you bro =)

Okay guys, tonight's miniscule studies, went to my cousin's birthday party today.. sorry... more tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgive me in your sketch notation,I think it can help you ,keep up bro!I think these three individuals are closely linked blocks. in this way, the human body to be stable.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to LAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah man all of your studies are paying back

34. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yesss keep at it!

cant stop now theres glory ahead

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LAL Thank you for the draw over, it's making more sense to me. I will practice them this week. =)

Andres Thank you, yip, it's a grind but fun. Kind of like going through a meat grinder =)

Vatsel Yip yip =)

In a hurry.. sorry guys.. got to be up early tomorrow, keep well for now.

Art of Kungfoowiz
    Self portrait... trying different ways to hold the pencil when hatching.

Art of Kungfoowiz
    Watercolours... taking a break from studies.. otherwise we go crazy..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Hell-o. What's up buddy?
    I can see strong things happening on these grounds.
    You have the motivation,
    you have the power
    and I can see that
    you have enough sketches to kill a dragon with,
    there is nothing that can go wrong here.
    Good job.

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

39. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

you have enough sketches to kill a dragon with,

... Hey.

Already In Progress
    Life Drawings
    -
    Sketchbook!

--Homies:
    -Kungfoowiz

Upcoming:
    Days Of Natur Morte

41. The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleXdragoN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, keep doing this watercolor exercises, they´re the best way to relax after hard drawing sessions.
    you´re doing great !

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man just a little advice i think i'd be great if you drew more lines to draw heads I mean there's nothing wrong with leaving the structure, remember we're LEARNING!!! (and we'll always will )

45. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,171 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice, really these are great way to relax .
    Btw the shapes u drew there i think help somehow.
    try to improve your perspective at the same time
    keep up the good work!!!

47. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Plissken You ROCk bro.. you just keep drawing like you want. Thank you kindly bro.. have an AWESOME DAY, it's on me. =)

Ricardo Robles Thank you bro, yip.. they are soo nice to mess about with, there are no obligations with watercolour.. it's a free for all.. Thank you bro.. you too.. I will be coming around soon.. have a wonderful day bro and keep well for now.

Andres Hey bro!! Long time bro.. welcome back.. yip.. I should leave some structure in (mind you.. I barely start with or use any structure.. I know this is bad.. people tell me that they hate me.. and they want to rub out my drawings and it is evil.. lol.. kidding..) mmm.. okay, we see.. no promises, but I will start to use construction maybe. =) Have a wonderful day bro.. keep up those drawings, I will be around again soon to see your works, so keep it up, even if it's on the bus, and you get wobbly and stuff. =?

Kostas! Thank you bro.. I'm happy that you like the exercises and relaxing things. Yip.. perspective is not so hot at the moment, it's all over the place.. We see, no overnight changes but yip.. got to keep going.. Have an AWESOME DAY bro, I will be around soon.. keep well for now. =)

Sorry guys.. haven't updated last few days.. seriously got to keep up.. this is so naughty on my part..

Everything is looking crappy lately.. sorry guys..

Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Self portraits

Imagination & Life..
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz
    Art of Kungfoowiz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cranking out a lot of hands I see. If you keep doing those you'll see improvement in no time.

sketchbook

50. The Following User Says Thank You to BAMeyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you bro.. here is some progress with the hand (we have to make a hand in 3D for school).. so I did some hands from life first to warm up, then drew some contours over them too, although I used my own photo reference to model from.

Keep well everyone! =)

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice bunch of studies. The thing that's bothering me in those hand studies is that they look like there's no bone structure underneath. They're just a bunch of wavy lines. If you really want to improve your drawing ability my advise is to slow down with those figure studies and focus more on perspective and constructing simple forms in space. Once you get the basics you'll be able to draw anything. On that hand in 3d, take a good look at the proportions and the attachmentpoint of the thumb. Keep up the hard work buddy!

54. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 81