Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Couldn't pass up the chance to do an old-school movie poster. I'm going to start painting tonight.
    My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    not sure if ill have any time to finish this chow, loads of uni work to do
    more thumbs

Thanks
    I went for a more relatable frankenstein here. Not trying to be scary, I wias thinking more about a modern day monster that is searching for a place in society and his his existence but is rejected because of his appearance. He keeps his hand on his hand to make sure it's still beating.

Chow 178:: Hallowe’en special: Universal monsters

Thanks
    great stuff guys love it all well here is my new wolfy WIP in color more to do just thinking how

Thanks
    Lots of really cool stuff in the works can't wait to see where this CHOW goes

I can't help but feel that Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein is such
    a tragic story... So here is the start of my Frankenstein and Bride. Clutching
    the body of the one person who was supposed to love him as the tower
    laboratory crashes down around them.

Attachment 815859
    WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Schumpert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I dediced to start a new one since I had not been able to work on my first one for like a week or so. I didn't like the idea anymore that i wanted to realize in the first place. It was too much a cliché and the guidelines for this week are a bit restricted anyway.

Not sure if I'm gonna finish. I think this is just not my topic ... lol

Thanks
    whoo. nice work adam. It's moody. i dig it. also, pheike, to be perfectly honest, i really like the way your first initial rough was coming out up there. It had a sort of feral, starved look to it. Kind of like a hyena. Don't get me wrong, i like the one you ended up with, just not as much.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxyz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Saleem - I hope you get time to finish yours. Your thumbnails for your Dracula interpretation look really interesting! For me, this topic was initially a toss up between my wolfman agent man, and a "samuraized" or "ronin-ized" Dracula. That said, I'm partial to your thumbnail that is at 2x1 (that's X and Y axis respectively) and the one at 6x4.

Thanks
    Barata Looking great, love how that dress is coming.

Pheike This is starting to look really interesting. Maybe you want to play with the pose a bit?

Jason Snair LOVE the poster idea. Great color choices too.

Dissar This is looking great! I do think you could spice up that sword a bit and maybe add some highlights or reflections on the armor.

Update!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Auspiciouspanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    One more update comin' at ya.

I'm not all that great with backdrops, I generally don't do them for things like this - so I've added a ficticous "DarkOps" insignia behind Mr. Agent Wolfman to take out some of the empty space happening around him.
    Last edited by El Capohan; October 30th, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: resized attached image

Thanks
    finally back on it again thanks for the crits and suggestions.ive been kind of busy for the last couple of days so im thankful that its finally the weekend here.
    keep up the good work everyone there's still plenty of time to finish these so get crankin
    Chow 178:: Hallowe’en special: Universal monsters
    "It's better to try and fail,then to fail without trying at all. "

Thanks
    Aag - You'll probably resolve this in color anyway but the B/W kind of looks like they're both underwater. I would love to see a red/blue 3D overlay version as well!

Saleem - Your thumbs are great, I hope you choose one, I'd pick one without a big sword, some of the ones in the 4th column from the left.

Started color on Mummy, and thought about a duo poster thingy.

Thanks
    Auspiciouspanda: i like your idea. how about some scratches in his suit due to his changing stature?

Adam Schumpert: great atmosphere. looks awesome. can't wait to see it finished.

Undeadartist: powerful concept. maybe you could emphasize the gesture by putting his left leg further behind.

Cam Sykes: like your shading. It seems like the everything in the lower part of the pic looks a little too big though, Especially the right arm. I'm not sure if it was your intention to create this effect, since this is frankenstein. If you add some stitches, like between his forearm and his upper arm, it will look more authentic.

Saleem: Wow. Huge amount of good works. would love to see them all realized as a painting in one way or another.
    For this week's chow i would pick the first in the third row or the second in the fourth row. keep up the good work.

Jason Snair: i haven't watched the movie so i can't really say anything to that guy. the outlines look neat, keep it up,

Pheike: nice. but his face in the third picture looks a bit more cat-like than wulf-like. IMO you captured it better in the first pic.

xerxyz: Damn, her face looks scary. i will have to look at her nipples. xD Her arm right arm is a bit too long. But again, it could be credible since she's not actually human.

Barata: I like how you manage to play with light, but take care it doesn't get too dark.

diissar: His Armor reminds me of Bram Stroker's Dracula with Gary Oldman and his sword looks like the sword of clound from final fantasy vii everything besides his boots looks a bit flat, try to add some highlights, like as you did on his boots.

... sorry, no more critique for today. got to go to bed. -.-

oh ... and I doodled a little more on mine: here is the result xD

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irrlaeufer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Trying for a feminine/androgynous dracula as he has always tended to exude an allure to both sexes in some ways. We'll see if I can pull this off or not. starting to work out the hand pose with wine glass, and figuring out the seating (thinking an ottoman type style at a club scene...a nod to the Ivan the terrible roots in wallachia aka transylvania, a province conquered by the Ottomans in that period of Ivan's youth).

Thanks
    well here is what today came up with thanks Irrlaeufer for the crit. may play around some more with that tomorrow possibly as for everyone else all looking amazing feels like mine is a disgrace to all the amazing work up here. : P

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast