POLL: Program Info -Financial Aid & Tuition Options for The ConceptArt.Org Art School
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which Tuition Option is Best for You? (please choose ALL that apply to you)

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% Up front to get the huge discount

151 28.22%
  • The three payment option for the large discount

85 15.89%
  • The four payment option for the medium discount

60 11.21%
  • The program monthly payment option with 0% interest (15, 22, 30 months depending on transfer, if any)

130 24.30%
  • Financial Aid option 1 (minimum up front and 0% interest)

186 34.77%
  • Financial Aid option 2 (no up front and low interest)

92 17.20%
  • Full Ride Scholarship Only (I have no way of getting funds for school and have a KILLER portfolio)

189 35.33%
  • Other Scholarships would be helpful (My portfolio is awesome and have severe financial need)

250 46.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,577 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Follows
    Following

POLL: Program Info -Financial Aid & Tuition Options for The ConceptArt.Org Art School

We will be making an official announcement for "The Art Department" very soon. I have included a bunch of information below and there may be some changes along the way but should give you a better picture of what this is about. In the meantime I wanted to ask to see which of these programs for financial aid would be most appropriate for those of you interested in the following.

First, I want to explain that our program is designed as a cutting edge online and real world hybrid which lasts 30 months and has access to the top professionals in each area of specialization. The program includes Concept Art, Illustration, Fine Art Drawing and Painting as well as deep and intensive Foundations which are designed to allow students to go any direction in art, for their majors or careers chosen.

Yes, international students may also attend. This is not going to be for US students only.

POLL EXTENDED INFORMATION:

Tuition Options:
    * The program is priced at $1500 per month if done in installments.
    **The program can be taken for 30, 22 and 15 months depending on skill level

30 Month program = $45,000 flexible (see below)
    22 Month program = $33,000 flexible (see below)
    15 Month program = $22,500 flexible (see below

30 Month program payment options:
    1.) One up front payment of $30,000
    2.) Three payments of $12,000 in the first 15 months (1, 7 and 15) = $36,000
    3.) Four payments of $10,000 in the first 24 months (1, 8, 16 and 24) = $40,000
    4.) 30 payments of $1,500 each month = $45,0000

30 Month program financial aid:
    1.) One up front payment of $6,000, followed by 78 interest free payments of $500 = $45,000
    2.) 90 payments of $500 = $45,000 plus interest (low interest aid)

22 Month program options:
    1.) One up front payment of $20,000
    2.) Three payments of $8,000 in the first 12 months (1, 6 and 12 month date of payment) = $24,000
    3.) Four payments of $7,500 in the first 18 months (1, 6, 12 and 18 month date of payment) = 30,000
    4.) 22 payments of $1,500 each month = $33,000

22 Month program financing:
    1.) One up front payment of $5,000, followed by 56 payments of $500 = $33,000 (interest free)
    2.) 66 payments of $500 = $33,000 plus interest (low interest aid)

15 Month program options:
    1.) One up front payment of $15,000
    2.) Three payments of $6,000 in the first 12 months (1, 6 and 12) = $18,000
    3.) Four payments of $5,000 in the first 15 months (1, 4, 8 and 12) = 20,000
    4.) 15 payments of $1,500 each month = $22,500

15 Month program financial aid:
    1.) One up front payment of $2,500, followed by 40 payments of $500 = $22,500
    2.) 45 payments of $500 = $22,500 plus interest (low interest aid

Transfer students will be accepted, potentially lowering attendance time to as few as 15 or 22 months depending on portfolios demonstrating knowledge of the information.

The Online program is extremely well designed and thorough. The real world component is something we are really excited about. Being with other artists in person, is so very important, and ours is going to be one of a kind. To give you a general idea, imagine going to the ConceptArt.Org workskhop for three straight weeks, three times per year. http://afriendofyours.com/dallas_2_web.mov (like this for those who are not familiar). This is being done so everyone knows what they have to work on while they continue their studies online. Students at the workshops make life long friends in four days. Three weeks of intense, peer surrounded study, three times per year over 30 months will build the relationships that being in art school helps foster.

We have a lot more info coming, but this should give you some idea of what we are up to so you can make a choice on how you might handle your tuition.

Why we are doing this -

1. All the artists involved are at the top of their game and have proven to be excellent teachers. We want to offer a high quality of creative education and professional assistance that does not currently exist in the private art schools. We look forward to announcing the program officially and showing the instructor list. There is not an art program anywhere on earth with a faculty list like the one we have put together to teach for the Art Department Program. Professionals from each area of specialty are going to be both teaching, assisting, and demonstrating for the students in the program with 100% dedication.

A. The top ten art schools in the US are charging an average of 120,000 USD for the 32 month programs they run. This means that the grammar of art is held up and is reaching the point where it is becoming reserved for the rich. Since many of the artists starting out are actually poor, we see this as potentially having impact on art history. It is an issue for artists wanting to learn now. Counting interest on student loans, housing, food, travel, supplies, and fees, students can exceed 200,000 dollars in debt or family expense just for the right to learn to create during those four years. Given that 90 percent of those in art school do not make it in their dream careers, if any. We believe we the program here will improve the odds greatly, and at far less financial risk and better information shared. Simply put, we believe in artists and support your right to learn.

Running an art school is expensive. There is a point where tuition is justified. However, when profits of these schools are being used for jets, land grabs, and other things not beneficial to the students paying entire life savings, there is a problem that needs to be solved.

B. The first point (A) is something we could swallow if the information being given to students was thorough and not of out of date programs mostly populated by underpaid and often times, under-qualified instructors. We have polled thousands of students attending our workshops, the online streaming classes, professionals, and in the community and the consensus is those attending art school are getting about 30 percent of the information they need to work in the professional fields. This was no different for the instructors who attended art school prior to their successful careers.

When I ask after color theory class, for example, how many artists heard the basic information for foundations I presented, and what percentage of that info they have heard, the answer has been in the range of none to 30 percent. I have asked about 3000 students that question and the answer is not uplifting. The same applies to nearly every single aspect of art education. Again, another problem which can be solved, and is being solved.

C. The Art Department will offer an affordable solution, a good number of full-ride, partial-ride scholarships, and financial aid options in order for students to get the information they need, the professional connections understanding such info requires to see success, and opportunity which no other school can bring.

Barring any earthquakes or natural disasters we are looking to begin this program Summer 2010...yes..not long from now.

I look forward to seeing how the poll turns out!

Jason Manley
    President
    www.massiveblack.com
    Founding Director
    ConceptArt.Org

Last edited by Jason Manley; October 24th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Gosh... this looks amazing. Next year is my senior year of college, so at this point it would be very difficult for me to afford this. However, I am wondering if you will accept transferred credits towards achieving a degree? Also, I don't know if you're able to say at this time, but do you know details on what kind of scholarships will be available?

If I can somehow manage to find the funds and find scholarships however, I would not hesitate to pack up and move right now. Not sure what payment option would work best for me at this point, so I'll have to wait and see. Ahhh, if only I was rich. ;P

Last edited by Ian Barker; October 24th, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is looking so amazing. Personally I think the $6,000 up front and $500 payments would work best if I can find work during this. I'm currently at Academy of Art and while the teachers are pretty good the school is a sham.

$45,000 is better than over $120,000 any day. I'm starting to save up now.

I can't wait for this. Grants and scholarships would be nice too but not necessary.

"Wake up. Work hard. Stop being a loser." -Dave Rapoza

[ DeviantArt Gallery ] :: [ Inexorable Artistry ] :: [ CA Sketchbook ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    22 Month program financing:
    1.) One up front payment of $5,000, followed by 56 payments of $500 = $33,000 (interest free)
    2.) 66 payments of $500 = $33,000 plus interest (low interest aid)
    Just to snip one part. A quick question, how will this be handled? Will it be done like current standard student aid is done, with payments deferred until after a certain period of not being in school?
    Looking forward to hearing more about it! Thanks!
    mike

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even $500 a month is more than I could possibly afford. And I'm not sure how anybody could really afford that, rent and living expenses without having to work a full time job, which is ok, but then there's the issue of having to convince the boss to let you take off 9 weeks a year to go to SF. Don't get me wrong, that is one of the most exciting aspects of the program to me, but if I tried to take 9 weeks off, even 3 at a time, I'd be told to find a new job.

I was hoping for something more affordable month-to-month for us extremely poor folk. But to those that can afford it, it sounds amazing.

As is, the only way I would be able to attend would be with a full ride scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Captains... View Post
    Just to snip one part. A quick question, how will this be handled? Will it be done like current standard student aid is done, with payments deferred until after a certain period of not being in school?
    Looking forward to hearing more about it! Thanks!
    mike
    I would like to know about this as well... it would make a huge difference.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CruShTinbOX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is looking amazing, Jason. Just in time for when I graduate. Maybe I'll have to stay in school just a little bit longer.

P.S. The online option is extremely enticing to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. In the mist of trying to figure out what school I'd like to attend and how the heck will I afford it. This is looking pretty nice to me right now. It might be something I seriously consider. Can't wait to see more info!

As always thank you! = )

My Website <--- Still under construction = (

My Deviant Art

My Sketchbook

My Facebook <--- Feel free to add me! = )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes transfer students will be accepted if portfolio demonstrates the skills, cutting the length of the program down to 15 months potentially.

For those with the most extreme financial need we are looking to have financial aid in place that defers until 60 days after the program is completed.

Given that the students going to the big art schools are shelling out the equivalent of 3800 dollars a month if broken down for the 32 months they attend school, we have done everything we can to get tuition prices to where they can be afforded. Add in cost of living, fees, supplies and everything else and The Art Department should be between 20-35% what students would pay at the well known institutions.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With Housing and tuition these prices are close to what ill be paying for the next 3 years,So I'm really considering transferring my credits to The Art Department. I will need to look into the financial aid though. If you could give a time frame for when we could speak to someone to personally talk things over about all the details that would be enormously helpful thanks Jason.

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

awesome

this sounds unbelievable... if only i wasn't almost done with school already i would transfer over... especially comparing the prices

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right now, the only thing I'm concerned about:

Accredited w/ degree? That's the only way I'll be able to maaybe convince my parents to let me attend.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jason, that's what I was hoping to hear. The way you've broken down the costs definitely makes them palatable, without a deferred payment option they'd be beyond my ability though. Definitely looking amazing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... this looks truely amazing. I'm very excited just reading about it, and thanking about it! I may seriously consider this instead of going to Uni, or as ongoing education after graduating... it all depends on what the future holds really

Looking at the prices, at first I was thinking it wouldn't be possible for me personally, but after realising it was in dollars (oops!) it may actually be possible for me to do.
    For me, financial aid would be a must with my situation, and I would probably end up taking out a student loan to cover for the rest as well, as my family wouldn't be able to contribute any money towards the overall cost (I would have to do this is I was going to Uni anyway, so it's nothing new). Even so, I'm sure everything I will get out of attending this will FAR outway the education I'll get at any Uni here in the UK, so it's definitely tempting! Of course, I would be an international student, and I'm not sure if my skills would even be up to par by time I have left college etc.

Saying this, I may have to go to Uni here to get a degree, as I need it to become an art teacher here in the UK, as well as some other things as well. I'm still going to seriously consider this, though. It is a couple of years before I even finish college, so I have time to save money and think about my options carefully before making a final decision.
    I look forward to seeing all of the plans coming into action!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    90% of my art education I've learned from CA, NOT my school. I would love to attend after I graduate if I don't get into the Atelier. I really don't mind taking out a student loan to pay for this, although some scholarship would be really nice as well.

Last edited by Eclypse; October 24th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
    "He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast." -Leonardo da Vinci

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the points you bring up Jason. I agree with pretty much all that you said, so there's no complaints from me. I'll have to do some serious grinding to be able to even attempt to think about applying to attend this school. If you get accredited and can start to accept military funding, then I'm all over it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry if I overlooked this but is the real world experience included in the tution?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the info Jason. I really want to figure out a way to afford this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Right now, the only thing I'm concerned about:

Accredited w/ degree? That's the only way I'll be able to maaybe convince my parents to let me attend.

We will have a section on the new website which addresses parental concerns. This will be covered.

Jason

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

drd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kvanzant View Post
    Sorry if I overlooked this but is the real world experience included in the tution?

If the portfolio shows mastery of portions of the program then that part of the program can be transferred. It is not about having credits or some grade from some under-qualified instructor or big name school. Students have to demonstrate the understanding of the material through their portfolios. The work does the talking..not some transcript.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It disheartens me I cannot afford this. Even the 500 dollars a month is a huge thing. Personally, I would need payment plants spanning much longer for much less money...

There's also the fact I am currently in college already and I don't think the environment here can be duplicated elsewhere.

I might consider it if it was available online and I could go part time, though. I just cannot leave the school I'm at now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the sound of this but I have to agree with stark, it would have to be accredited and accept military funding. I don't personally care if its accredited but I believe for the school to be accepted into the Veteran's Affairs list of IHL (Institutions of Higher Learning) it probably needs to be. This is the best link I could find for you to research that: Veteran's Affairs: Education Liason Representative

I'll give some basic info in case you do decide to eventually go this route. GI Bill is usually a bonus that military people get for signing the contract for 8 years. With the amount of hours the military work (I averaged 60+ a week), when I was in, our pay averaged out to be $4/hour. Think of the military as a 4-6 year internship...the pay is crap which is why the GI Bill and being able to use it is so important to us, we've paid our dues and now we want to use the money we earned.

To be able for us to get the GI Bill, we have to sign up online at the Department of Veterans Affairs website we have to give infomation about the school and they either approve or deny if we get benefits for that school.

This is the list of schools that are approved to recieve GI Bill Benefits...how you'd get on that list, you'd have to contact that representative to find out.

If we are approved then we have to sign into that website once a month, then we get a direct deposit or check sent to us about a week later. Now this is for the standard GI Bill, there is also a Post 9/11 GI Bill which is very different and there is also the Yellow Ribbon Progam. All of which you would want to look into.

Hope that helps and I do hope you consider this!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber Alexander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    If the portfolio shows mastery of portions of the program then that part of the program can be transferred. It is not about having credits or some grade from some under-qualified instructor or big name school. Students have to demonstrate the understanding of the material through their portfolios. The work does the talking..not some transcript.
    No sorry I meant the month long workshops we will be attending three times a year. I was just wondering if travel fees and such were included into the tuition or is that going to be extra.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this represents everything i ever wanted , hope to get more info soon keep us posted jason

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just had another question-- with my current financial aid (sub/unsub federal loans), I am not under obligation to pay until (I think) 6 months after I leave school-- if I were to transfer (or just start anew), would The Art Department be considered still "being in school" as far as these loans are concerned? I guess it seems like a silly question, but if I'm taking out loans to finance this, I'd prefer not to be paying off one while trying to start another. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds great. I have just checked the difference in prices and this is slightly cheaper than my school. I can't wait to ear more about this program. Nevertheless I do have a couple of questions:
    Will there be any entry requirements?
    The online part bugs me just a little. How good will our internet connection will have to be?
    And I'd like to know the answer to Kvanzant's question about these workshops

Will the classes be recorded somehow and available to anyone at any given time? Because i can already imagine my internet going down because of some random storm or something and misses classes :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm also wondering if any of this will count as a degree, and whether it's a bachelor's or master's. I know that in most of the industry one's work and reliability is far more important than a transcript, but a Masters is nearly essential if one ever wants to teach down the road.

I'm graduating with a BFA this winter, and if I attend any grad school or the like, I'd definitely want to have a masters just in case I decide to be a professor later in life.

- BreeAnn Veenstra -

.: lullafly.com | sketchbook | deviantart gallery :.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, do you have a premature list of the instructors you have in mind?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kvanzant View Post
    No sorry I meant the month long workshops we will be attending three times a year. I was just wondering if travel fees and such were included into the tuition or is that going to be extra.
    I can't imagine CA covering travel fees.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't mean cover the costs of travel but if they are included in anyway into our tuition. I believe something along those lines was mentioned in the first thread about the art department.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where were you guys when I was 12 or so, then again, where was the internet and school instructors that cared about the development of the students they were teaching?

I am envious of the kids that can take advantage of this. The pricing is reasonable, to a certain extent it looks like the pricing on schooling one received prior to schools scrambling for government subsidies and the like.

Anyone have pricing for Howard Pyle's students? This looks like the modern equivalent.

Just my two cents of course.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.