POLL: Program Info -Financial Aid & Tuition Options for The ConceptArt.Org Art School - Page 10

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Which Tuition Option is Best for You? (please choose ALL that apply to you)

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% Up front to get the huge discount

151 28.22%
  • The three payment option for the large discount

85 15.89%
  • The four payment option for the medium discount

60 11.21%
  • The program monthly payment option with 0% interest (15, 22, 30 months depending on transfer, if any)

130 24.30%
  • Financial Aid option 1 (minimum up front and 0% interest)

186 34.77%
  • Financial Aid option 2 (no up front and low interest)

92 17.20%
  • Full Ride Scholarship Only (I have no way of getting funds for school and have a KILLER portfolio)

189 35.33%
  • Other Scholarships would be helpful (My portfolio is awesome and have severe financial need)

250 46.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,291 Times in 2,826 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Official Announcement will be within the next two weeks or so. Progress is great.

Looking forward to making the big info drop. We have been working night and day on this stuff and are excited about freeing up the language of art and helping others reach their dreams too.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2. more. weeeks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome-- the sooner to plan, the better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really curious about what the program will be like, especially for somebody who's not close to the 'on the spot' locations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another tidbit of goodness.

Austin Texas is the down south location.

Of course.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I noticed you said that the per class idea is being thought about, and that the streaming classes are offered on a per class basis. I really have enjoyed the streaming classes I've done so far and they have been extremely helpful. However, the difference between them and the art department classes ( based on what I've read so far), is that there is no teacher to student relationship. There is of course the chat, but no assignments that will be critiqued by a teacher or anything like that. At least for me, that part of the class is the most valuable part. Having someone skilled looking over my work and helping point me in the right direction.

I was hoping that the art department classes would present an opportunity like that for me, while I'm working. Living where I live in Ohio doesn't offer much opportunities like that, which is why I would love to see it as an option from the art department.

Anyway, I can't wait for the official announcement for this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Here is another tidbit of goodness.

Austin Texas is the down south location.

Of course.
    Austin, yay! This is now perfect, can't wait for the official announcement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Austin? Friggin awesome

Jason I have a question.

I want the absolute best possible environment for myself when I get this program.

Do you think there will be any additional learning opportunities outside of the 3 week workshop? I will be moving to one of the satellite locations. Richmond and Austin are great locations because I have family in the vicinity of both. However I know that if I were to move to san fran that I would have more opportunities to learn and gather.

I know massive black has facilities in both san fran and austin. So I will be living in one of those two cities just on the off chance that I can meet with you guys and possibly do some work as I get better!!

-evan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have many questions, Jason, but I feel like most of them will be covered in the information that will be coming soon.

However, I do have one important question that I haven't seen discussed yet. I know the program is 30 months, but would it be possible to take the courses over a summer? I currently attend SCAD and I'm starting my second quarter of my first year in January, and while the money is over-the-top, I think it's worth it for what the school offers and the highly prestigious degree in the end. I hope to Attend the Atelier after I graduate, so either way, I'm really looking forward to the new information regarding the new art program and the Atelier.

I'm also interested in landing a job at MB one day... but hey, I don't expect that to be any time soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, I'm quite conflicted about the change from the atelier to the online (and 9 weeks of workshop) classes.

I still have highschool to finish, and 2-3 years to get the expenses to study solely on art. So hopefully the first batch of TAD grad will boost my confidence in the program. (And let's just hope I don't run MB out of buisness during those 3 years of self study ;D)

And ya know...there's nothing wrong with keeping the atelier AND this online program. *HINT*HINT* For those that like hands on interaction, and those that can't make the trip to SF and study at a set location.

Quick Questions for the next update:
    How many students will be allowed in TAD at a time?

Refund? The 30,000 upfront fee looks the most promising for me, but what if Bobby Chiu goes nuts and blows up Massive Black HQ and TAD is shutdown?

SECONDS: Do you work from life of photographs?
    FRAZETTA: I work from my head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re:Academy of Art feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuartyi View Post
    This is looking so amazing. Personally I think the $6,000 up front and $500 payments would work best if I can find work during this. I'm currently at Academy of Art and while the teachers are pretty good the school is a sham.

$45,000 is better than over $120,000 any day. I'm starting to save up now.

I can't wait for this. Grants and scholarships would be nice too but not necessary.
    Hi Ryuarti, I'm looking into taking classes at Academy of Art, would welcome your feedback on what its like there. You've mentioned its a sham could you elaborate on this?. Would definately help in my decision in narrowing down schools, as this is one of several I'm considering(along with Conceptart's program which Ive just found out about). Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yarrrrrr, update!! =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jason's heading back to SF from ireland at the moment according to FB so there'll probably be an announcement within the next week or so, i hope?;d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep...this week will be more more more info. See you soon!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're killing me, really killing me! love your new avatar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like some of the other requesters, I'd find the course most affordable if it's also eligible for GI Bill and military Tuition Assistance funding. Otherwise, the up-front and monthly payments would be too much under any plan.... But then again, I already have an art degree, and am still paying off student loans. Would the training be more equivalent to bachelor's or master's level studies?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'd like to teach, if a school is near me.

I have no need to be a student as I already hold a MFA in Sculpture from the Art Institute of Chicago and a Ph.D. in Creative Arts from New York University.
    But if you have a school in my vicinity, I would be very interested in teaching a sculpture or 3-Dimensional design course or two.
    I live in the Southwest corner of Connecticut, so I could teach in New York City, Westchester County of New York, Fairfield County in Connecticut or even farther afield.
    Let me know if you can use my services.
    Here is a link to a few of my pieces of sculpture and a short bio.
    http://www.wardnasse.org/3a06p.htm
    Stephen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbd View Post
    Like some of the other requesters, I'd find the course most affordable if it's also eligible for GI Bill and military Tuition Assistance funding. Otherwise, the up-front and monthly payments would be too much under any plan.... But then again, I already have an art degree, and am still paying off student loans. Would the training be more equivalent to bachelor's or master's level studies?
    From what I hear, you can skip the first half of the program (about 15 months) if your portfolio shows a high enough level of understanding... don't know if that translates to "advanced bachelors" or "masters" but I suppose it's what you make it to be; how much you push yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any certification at the end of this program?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ssculptor You have been a sculptor since 1961, that is impressive. Must be interesting to hear from your perspective how the sculpting scene has changed over the decades.

I hope the online classes use the new tech cause the streaming classes have been such a pleasure to follow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Questions and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by BDxCrazyazian View Post
    this sounds unbelievable... if only i wasn't almost done with school already i would transfer over... especially comparing the prices
    I agree with the above statement. I am one of those on loans and grants-over $3800/quarterly (housing cost alone in precise $fact) students. I graduate right before this new school is said to open. It makes me drool horribly and wish to all the goddessly powers in me that I had had the patience to wait for Art College 8 years instead of 3 post-high school. I am one of the farthest things from rich you can get (without being a Jerry Springer character) and now wish to ask:

1. Would your school be a good trade in for Business College (my wishful next step...I've gotten damn good at pulling miracles out of my @$$, wishes could be next.) or not?

2. What precisely counts as a "KILLER portfolio"? I have to have one when I graduate anyway...but I wish to view standards.

With that I would like to vote, but can't make the proud claim of a currant "KILLER portfolio" to choose the option that would suit my needs. I hope the information helps. ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really hope that this can take part in Austin.. i might be moving there either way in january so that would be so awesome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cough cough ((UPDATE)) cough

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought that this was supposed to be formally announced today? I guess the day isn't quite over yet, here at least..... = /

My Website <--- Still under construction = (

My Deviant Art

My Sketchbook

My Facebook <--- Feel free to add me! = )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, i have a few questions and i couldn't find them being answered but perhaps i missed them.

1. how exactly will the online classes be broadcast, through livestream? and if so, can we choose to watch them on-demand (for full-time workers) or do we have to interact live? how many days per week are they?

2. for a scholarship portfolio, would any 3d work help in getting selected? i went to school for 3dmr while studying 2d art on my own time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @jag.med: I can only answer #1.
    All Videos(classes) will be available on demand for 30 days after airing.

The On Demand goodness starts as the program does. You don't have to wait. You can watch it at will. Being there live gets you a better ability to interact but I imagine that asking questions in the forums for that class would elicit an answer if you did not get it.
    The classes are livestreamed but it sounds like they will be available on demand as soon as they have started.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Thyname For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi I have a little question!

If I remember correctly TAD will start around, June right? While I am certain I'm trying my best to participate in the future, already acquainting my parents with the idea of supporting me with this, I was wondering in what timeframe a possible second cycle of applications will be considered? I'm getting my degree soon and I tend to finish things so I will try my luck after I'm finished.

I guess the fact that the program is divided in 3 parts, the shortest with 15 months, means that there will be a second wave of students in summer 2011 ?

Thats all, thanks a lot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if this thread is still super active. But I have a question anyways

Is there anyway that someone would be able to attend only 2 weeks of the workshop time instead of three. I've talked to my employer about it and 2 weeks is the cut off of time that can be taken off at a time without having to quit and be re-hired. I see how cutting off a week could cut off a ton of information, but I don't see how else this could work.

Unfortunately I cannot quit my job, and even if I did try to find a new job, I doubt I'd be hired by someone after telling them I would need 3 weeks off 3 times a year. = /

Anyways, just wondering if maybe some people have the same concerns and if there is a possible solution. = )

My Website <--- Still under construction = (

My Deviant Art

My Sketchbook

My Facebook <--- Feel free to add me! = )

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.