Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    wow dude those anatomy studies you put on paper look rly cool
    And that drawing board is priceless.. u should sell that concept XD

I guess you should just try to study landscapes from photos first and try some stilllives
    Then u'll prolly be able to get something interesting in the pictures from mind.

In the last speedy for examply, i dont rly know what you want me to look at.
    U know what i mean?
    Try to get a point in there that you want the viewer to see.
    Then to grasp the eye to that point u can make sharp edges or make a highlight or whatever.
    That way you make the picture interesting to look at and therefor a better picture!

But dont worry man, that stuff that will get second nature to you eventually
    Good luck , and keep drawing hard!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to RBeek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    great studies man - keep going on those, learning what muscles go where will always come in handy...

i second Liffey's suggestion of drawing just shapes primarily and then trying to fit your knowledge of form and anatomy into them it can really help by stopping you getting too fixated trying to get something 'right' first time - it really frees you up if that makes sense...

keep on keeping on man! look forward to seeing more

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strybjorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your doing great man Just keep those studies coming!
    The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

7. The Following User Says Thank You to krel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Hiya Turbo

Thanks for popping by my SB and for the lovely comment! Had a good look through yours and there's an impressive amount of study going on! Keep it up, there's a definite improvement!

I gotta admit I have never done anatomy studies under the skin (I don't have the attention span for it), however I highly recommend life drawing as a next step up, it's so much easier to see the limbs and body as just shapes (as Liffey suggested) when they're in 3D and if you sign up for a course then you'll have a tutor to help you. I have been addicted to going every couple of years to brush up on stuff.

Also with your environs I reckon if you check out the ImagineFX links that'll give you endless advice (or just studying the forums here), one thing that sticks out is the foreground is as blurred as your distant background, there should be a gradiating blur from a sharp foreground backwards to add depth (does that make sense?)

Anyway hope I didn't drivvle on too much

Seez ya round

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks for checkin out my sketchbook! great anatomy studies turobsnail...
    Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

11. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    alot of new studies and exploration since last I was here. I think you should do some full figures. no detail just play around with figures, feel the proportions and balance. Is good to leanr muscles and stuff but you need a good figure knowlage to aply it to.
    Cheers mate!
    This!
    I agree very much with doing full figures, I would also advise doing some portraits too, because the face is pretty complicated, so the more practice the better!
    Also, some life drawings would be great, either people on the bus, or just still life. Drawing from life is a great way to improve, and it is way more fun that copying an image, as you get to create your own!
    My Sketchbook

frazmctag@gmail.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FraserMcT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ Liffey - Thanks for the crits Ian!! I'm going back to basics with Vilppu's Drawing Manual and try to knock out those preconceptions. Cheers :>)

@ B-Man - Thanks for the comments Björn!! I'm gonna work on that figure work for sure. Bought some Bridgman books and starting the Vilppu manual. Cheers :>)

@ rogerb - Thanks for the crits Roger!! Glad you like the anatomy studies!! The drawing board is a god send and I wish I'd built it earlier. I know what you mean about the last enviro. I did have a 'settlement' mid centre but in a moment of 'inspiration' (ha!...more like desperation!) I painted over it as it looked 'too busy'. I definitely take your advice on-board for the next one. Cheers :>)

@ strybjorn - Thanks for comments dude!! Glad you like the studies and I'll certainly be taking Liffey's advice about the shape drawing. Cheers :>)

@ krel - Thanks for the comments mate!! Stay tuned for more studies. Cheers :>)

@ Angel Intheuk - Thanks for the comments Angel. Your SB was awesome!! Glad you like the studies!! I've definitely gotta start figure drawing and using shapes. That foreground is definitely blurred too much and it'll be sorted out for the update. BTW.. You didn't drivvle too much!! Cheers :>)

@ poetry man - Thanks for the comments man!! Glad you like the studies. Cheers :>)

@ FraserMcT - Thanks for comments Fraser!! More figure drawing and life drawing to come. Cheers :>)

Today's practice;
    I've just started Vilppu's Drawing Manual and these are analyzed pieces I've done so far from Chapter 1. I'll be doing a LOT more tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!!
    Last edited by Turbosnail; February 2nd, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    With those Vilppu studies, try to loosen up even more, draw gestures in big swoops rather than those swings.
    I've found that going to http://www.mmaphotography.com/, downloading a bunch of pictures and putting them on a slideshow 30 seconds per each photo is wonderful. Try to capture the energy and movement rather than to get the proportions right at first go. Also don't be afraid to produce tons of them, get the cheapest paper you can (and, really, the cheapest one) and just go balls-out insane on it.
    Then again, you read vilppu, so you know - no rules, just tools

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tmth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    HAHA AWeSOME SHOTGUN AN THE STUDIES ARE LOOK'N GREAT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WERKS BROTHER

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ tmth - Thanks for the advice mate!! I'm certainly gonna spend some time on these gesture studies. Cheers :>)

@ Grandmassa - Thanks for coming back Mr Spect!! Glad you like the shooter and the studies mate. Cheers :>)

Today's practice was an enduro-swim in the Vilppu Sea of Gestures. Here's some of what I produced during the session.

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks
    Hey snailshiresbury how goes it? Good to see all the gesture stuff keep cracking at it and its gotta sink in! I really gotta do more gesture stuff myself but this high altitude i live in is not good for gesture work!!!! Keep on truckin man!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to latigid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    beautiful studies.These will give you a lot of motion mate.Keep going

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love the dancing poses and the anatomy studies are really kick ass!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NicG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    wow excellent anatomy studies and the vilppu is looking great, can never get enough of them gesture sketches!! keep up the hard work dood, plus i dig your workspace!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    No snail's pace here!!!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoGoJojo For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast