Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Turbosnail, thanks for dropping by my SB. I've really enjoyed looking through yours. I think your oil painting of the mountain shows a lot of potential. The mountain is striking and really catches the eye I just feel the rest of the painting is maybe lacking in tonal contrast and so appears a bit the same and creates a haze feel to it. Of course this might be exactly what you intended. I love all your studies and I'm really excited to see what you do as your skills grow. Keep up the good work.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ Huey Leng - Thanks for the explanation my friend!! My pet mole is now cacking himself and won't come out of his hole until I promise to use only paper or canvas!! Cheers dude :>)

@ Fiddzy - Thanks for visiting mate!! Hope you've got started on your own muscle studies. I'll come by in the next week or so to check. LOL!! Cheers :>)

@ Black Spot - Thanks for coming by again Black Spot!! I promise to include some fun pics in my SB soon. Wanted to do a still life of my mole today but (as I said to Huey) he won't come out of his hole!! Cheers :>)

@ miycko - Thanks for the comments my friend!! It was a pleasure to stop by your SB. Glad you like the studies here. Cheers :>)

@ latidig - Ahhh Mr Stoke of the Church glad to see you back my friend. I've got a Canon Pixma all-in-one and it seems to scan my doodles ok. Glad you like the workspace and it'll certainly be getting a workout everyday. Cheers Glenn :>)

@ Marian Rowling - Thanks for stopping by my SB Marian!! That landscape was my first attempt at Bob Ross's wet-on-wet technique. I loved how easy he used to make it look, painting those awesome landscapes. The painting was photographed using a mobile phone so I should re-shoot it with my 'proper camera'. I've always wanted to repaint the sky as that's the bit I don't really like. Cheers :>)

Todays practice pieces are;
    pic #1 - a sketch of the anterior view of the leg muscles, this time done from memory.

pic #2 - a sketch of the anterior view of the arm muscles, done from observation of a ref pic.

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks
    Great studies TurboSnail! Keep it up dood!

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    the study from memory's pretty good i could never remember that much stuff about muscles
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    @ Jamesy - Thanks for the comments mate!! Cheers :>)

@ miycko - Thanks for stopping by again!! 4 years at Uni helps me remember the muscles. Cheers :>)

Today's practice;
    Pic#1 - Sketch of the anterior view of the arm muscles, done from observation yesterday, done from memory today.

Pic#2 - From observation, the posterior view of the arm muscles.

Pic#s - A fun piece, a speedy of a Battlestar toaster!! A current wip that needs a lot more work. The toaster is (c) of Battlestar Galactica et al.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,280 Posts
    I really like the enviros in 59 an the battle toaster rrrrrrrrooooocckkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssss!!!

Thanks
    @ Grandmassa - Thanks for the comments my friend!! Glad you like the toaster/centurion.

Today's practice was;

Pic #1 - A posterior view of the arm muscles sketched from memory this time.

Pic #2 - A shotgun concept I'm playing around with.

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks
    Hey Snaily the updates are sweet i love the battle toaster too and the shotgun concept looks sweet keep attacking that board of yours!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to latigid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Pay careful attention to the shapes of the muscles. Right now you are drawing a combination of your reference and what muscles look like in your imagination. Forget what you imagine muscles to look like and learn to look at the shapes of the muscles as just that, shapes. Your drawings will become more accurate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Hey there, thanks for the comment @ my sketchbook mate! Looking good, and the anatomy studies are coming along great! They do ya a lot of good!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, Turbosnail! ThanX for visit my SB, you do good anatomy practice here, and your painting ( the one that 4 years old) is great!!! Keep it on, man!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewmanD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quite impressive that you've sketched those muscles all from memory, try to draw form life too, keep it up!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Exon-Ion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ latigid - Thanks for coming back Glenn!! Glad you like the shotgun & cylon!! Cheers mate :>)

@ Liffey - Thanks for the crits Ian!! I know what you mean about the shapes of the muscles. What text could you recommend for further reading on looking at the the shape? Cheers mate :>)

@ Parsakoira - It's a pleasure mate!! Thanks for coming over and having a look here. Glad you like the anatomy studies. Cheers dude :>)

@ NewmanD - It's a pleasure dude. Thanks for having a look at my SB. Glad you like the painting and the anatomy studies. Cheers mate :>)

@ The Exon - Thanks for the comments mate!! I'll certainly try some life sketching soon. Cheers dude :>)

No drawing this weekend as it was my daughter's 7th birthday party.

Anyway....
    Today's piece was another PS speedy of approx 1hr. Gonna change that vegetation up in the foreground. Not really liking it!! Too blurry and not sure about the colour... what do you guys and girls think?

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    No text, it's just a matter of diligence. Just keep practicing drawing shapes, ignoring the preconceived ideas you have of what you're drawing. Forget about the fact that you're even drawing particular body parts, see them only as detailed shapes. It'll take some practice, but you'll get the hang of it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    alot of new studies and exploration since last I was here. I think you should do some full figures. no detail just play around with figures, feel the proportions and balance. Is good to leanr muscles and stuff but you need a good figure knowlage to aply it to.
    Cheers mate!
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast