Weird Intuos 3 (A5) sensitivity problems in CS4 Photoshop.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Weird Intuos 3 (A5) sensitivity problems in CS4 Photoshop.

I've been trying to fix this problem for a while now and with work to be done it needs to be fixed fast! Tried contacting WACOM themselves a few days ago but there is no reply as of yet.

The problem:

With the pressure sensitivity selected in the brushes menu in CS4, whenever I make a stroke on the canvas it comes out with a standard thick like (like you would if you painted with a mouse). However, the weird part, if I were to stroke the pen extremely fast on the canvas (too fast to produce an acurate work) and then hold it there, suddenly the pressure sensitivity works. Yet when I go to make another line slowly and delicately, its back to the standard brush with no sensitivity no matter how light I press.

Its really annoying me as its a half and half situation! It works but it doesn't work...

Anyone got any tips for me?

Thanks a lot!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Me too. :-(

Ugh, ugh, I'm having the same problem. I have Windows 7 64-bit, an Intuos 3 (widescreen), and PS CS and CS4.

Just trying out the CS4 as of this weekend; just today did I sit down to try to do some detailed work in it, and started having this problem. I can't replicate it in CS.

Here's a sample image of what's happening in CS4...

Weird Intuos 3 (A5) sensitivity problems in CS4 Photoshop.

All of those brush strokes were made one after the other, boom-boom-boom-boom-boom, you can see the garbage ones. Sometimes it's literally every stroke, sometimes every 3rd or 4th, it's just pretty random. Brush size doesn't matter, brush complexity doesn't seem to matter. It's like it just goes from variable pressure to 100% pressure. Any ideas? :-(

I really like CS4, it's SO much faster than CS, but I can't use it like this. I'll mail cookies to the person that can tell me what the problem is.

____
    Ramie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First close out any other program running besides Photoshop. As a rule, when I fire up my machine for the day, I start Photoshop before anything by clicking the icon with my Wacom stylus (dunno if it makes a difference from the mouse click though), go straighten the studio up a bit while it loads completely. Then I check for proper pressure sensitivity. Then I load Painter, Illustrator, etc. Works for me everytime. If this doesn't clear up the problem, Check your Wacom settings. In the control panel your pen sensitivity might be set too low when PS runs, but is normal for all other apps. If not, then open the brush pallete in PS and check the settings in Shape Dynamics. If this doesn't work, got to START>PROGRAMS>WACOM TABLET> TABLET FILE PREFERENCE UTILITY and remove for all user, maybe reboot afterwards. Still doesn't work? Reinstall the drivers and set PS settings to default. If you do finally get everything work and it stays that way after several working days, BACK UP YOUR WIN7 installation. F#@kIN with this tablet any way other than using it as a working art tool will burn up major hours out of your life man, trust me

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by razimo View Post
    I'll mail cookies to the person that can tell me what the problem is.
    If this does help, no need for cookies. I do need help installing a high pressure fuel system as part of my fuel injection conversion on my ride though. Wear a long sleeve T-Shirt and some worn out jeans, it's gonna get a little greasy.....

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackARK View Post
    If this does help, no need for cookies. I do need help installing a high pressure fuel system as part of my fuel injection conversion on my ride though. Wear a long sleeve T-Shirt and some worn out jeans, it's gonna get a little greasy.....
    Historically, my 'job' in a garage is to be decorative and find tools, with 'find tools' being the more appreciated function, as it's always been my Dad and my brothers that I'm 'helping.' Little sister does get to drive the cool old cars, though - 1955 Thunderbird, 1947 Ford, 1970 Mustang.

Anyway - the suggestion to back up my whole Windows 7 install when the damn thing is working is a really, really good one that I can't believe I didn't think of - thank you!

Otherwise, some angry 3am Google-searching found this page on the official Adobe forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/373929

With this advice, which is just a more streamlined version of what you suggest, AND OMG IT WORKED:

1.Uninstall Wacom driver and disconnect tablet
    2.Reboot
    3.Reinstall Wacom driver, reconnect tablet
    4.Trash Photoshop preferences by pressing ctrl-alt-shft while
    starting Photoshop.

Just for the record I am using the 6.1.2-3, which appears to be the newest version available on the Wacom website.

____
    Ramie

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razimo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my word, thank you so much.
    Worked perfectly for me and I'm using the 6.1.2-4 patch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

necro but still

I recently fixed this very annoying problem with using the 6.15 driver. newer ones had this randomsense-bug in CS4 and 5 too.
    I tried to fix it the way you mentioned, and a couple of other things too, turning off HIDs and stuff, reinstalling dozens of times, but nothing worked.
    win7 - 64 - Int3 - CS5

so: use patch 6.15

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually your solution worked out well so far until I tried to use the eraser tool ... though the stylus has pressure sensitivity while painitng the eraser for some reason doesn't ... anybody having this problem as well? Still didn't find a 100 % working driver yet ...

EDIT: Okay, the solution couldn't have been much simpler ... after having spent several days searching for a fix the simple answer is to not use the 64 bit version of cs5 (even if you DO have a 64 bit system ... but fuck logics ... this is pc) but the 32 bit version instead. duh ...

Last edited by lord_regenschirm; May 30th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
    No skill still isn't a new side.
    ~ Arnold Böcklin

Visit my sketchbook-gallery kinda thing ...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.