Flu shot gone wrong.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flu shot gone wrong.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Flu shot gone wrong.

I cannot believe doctors come on CNN and tell everyone there are 0 risks in taking a "simple" flu shot, a few days later someone gets this. I wonder how much pressure is coming from those medical companies with thousands of vaccine stocks, trying to push this while not telling anyone about the risks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    VERY RARE REACTION
    VERY RARE
    RARE
    All medications have side effects. That's just the way they work. Vaccines and meds don't just go to one part of your body, they cycle throughout your entire system. There's no way to predict who is going to have a severe reaction and still test/release the vaccine within a reasonable amount of time.

The last time swine flu broke out, bad reactions were entirely more common from what I understand. But we've had 30+ years of research and advancement in medical technology since then.

EDIT: And from what I can tell from the Cheerleader/Marathon Runner stories it wasn't the flu shots that caused it. It was their body chemistry that reacted to the shots. If it was a bad batch of vaccines, then people who were infront/behind them in line at the doctors office would have gotten sick too.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh Fox nice try but you can't get the flu from the flu shot, its inactive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel View Post
    All medications have side effects. That's just the way they work. Vaccines and meds don't just go to one part of your body, they cycle throughout your entire system. There's no way to predict who is going to have a severe reaction and still test/release the vaccine within a reasonable amount of time.

The last time swine flu broke out, bad reactions were entirely more common from what I understand. But we've had 30+ years of research and advancement in medical technology since then.

EDIT: And from what I can tell from the Cheerleader/Marathon Runner stories it wasn't the flu shots that caused it. It was their body chemistry that reacted to the shots. If it was a bad batch of vaccines, then people who were infront/behind them in line at the doctors office would have gotten sick too.
    And this justifies doctors coming onto CNN and telling everyone, with conviction, that there is no risk in taking the vaccination, how?

The chances that that girl would have gotten anything even remotely that bad from a flu are close no nihl, look what happened to her.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFreeze View Post
    Oh Fox nice try but you can't get the flu from the flu shot, its inactive.
    She doesn't have the flu, did you watch it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did, did you?

They are saying the flu shot she got caused the flu which caused her dystonia, except flu shots don't cause the flu and thusly couldn't have caused her dystonia.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, heard a real doctor say "Take this medication, it has absolutely no side effects." All medications have side effects. It's common knowledge. There is no evil corporate medical conspiracy trying to hide that fact.

The majority of people who take the seasonal flu shot or the H1N1 shot won't suffer from any serious side effects. These girls were predisposed to an ill reaction because of their biochemistry. And there's nothing much anyone could have done to prevent it. There is no magical test to take to tell you how you will exactly react to vaccines or medication. At least not yet.

We're not going to stop using penicillin because a few people have allergic reactions. There's absolutely no way nutjob conspiracy theorist can make such a revolutionary and helpful anti-biotic sound evil. But vaccines, sure, because in America, we don't give a shit about knowing science above a high-school level. It's easy to vilify something the general public doesn't fully understand.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    except flu shots don't cause the flu and thusly couldn't have caused her dystonia.
    at 1:36 the pharmacy and John Hopkins diagnosed her with a rare reaction to the flu vacine. Don't bother commenting if you can't be bothered to watch 3 min of vid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaycy is tanning For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, heard a real doctor say "Take this medication, it has absolutely no side effects." All medications have side effects. It's common knowledge. There is no evil corporate medical conspiracy trying to hide that fact.

The majority of people who take the seasonal flu shot or the H1N1 shot won't suffer from any serious side effects. These girls were predisposed to an ill reaction because of their biochemistry. And there's nothing much anyone could have done to prevent it. There is no magical test to take to tell you how you will exactly react to vaccines or medication. At least not yet.

We're not going to stop using penicillin because a few people have allergic reactions. There's absolutely no way nutjob conspiracy theorist can make such a revolutionary and helpful anti-biotic sound evil. But vaccines, sure, because in America, we don't give a shit about knowing science above a high-school level. It's easy to vilify something the general public doesn't fully understand.
    Well, I'm probably not going to be able to find the vid of the doctor saying there's 0 risks just like that, you'll have to trust my word on it, but it was the one on CNN.

What about this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEQLSzsOPI

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You do realize more people die from the flu each year than a flu shot? Look up the odds. Now which one do you want to have more hysteria over?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1:17 "10 days after receiving the flu shot she came down with the flu after that her health spiraled downwards"

....so she got the flu which caused the dystonia, true or false kaycy?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    You do realize more people die from the flu each year than a flu shot? Look up the odds. Now which one do you want to have more hysteria over?
    Well, doctors also point out that the majority of vaccins are innefective at stopping you from getting the flu.

Same with the swine flu:

http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...53Q66820090427

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaycy is tanning View Post
    Well, doctors also point out that the majority of vaccins are innefective at stopping you from getting the flu.

Same with the swine flu:

You do realize more people die from the regular flu, than the swine flu?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You do realize more people die from the regular flu, than the swine flu?
    Well, for one those numbers are contested, since people who die from the regular flu are often already very sick. Secondly, the % of people where the regula flu vaccin is effective against regular flu, is less than 20%.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm probably not going to be able to find the vid of the doctor saying there's 0 risks just like that, you'll have to trust my word on it, but it was the one on CNN.
    You're not going to be able to back up your claim so I should just trust you that you're right? Do you know how debate works?

And Kent Holtroft is a celebrity doctor wannabe who would tell you smoking is healthy just to get some air time.

If you want to form an opinion on vaccines, go study the science, learn how viruses and vaccines work, then come up with your own opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're not going to be able to back up your claim so I should just trust you that you're right? Do you know how debate works?
    This isn't a debate, I'm not going to look it up because I don't want to spend time on it, you don't have to trust my word, but I have no motive to lie. Also, I go to school at the KUL, it's why I'm interested in the first place.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Same with the swine flu:

That article states that the seasonal flu shot will not stop swine flu, not that the season flu shot is ineffective against seasonal flu nor that the swine flu vaccine is ineffective against H1N1.

But tests show the H1N1 component of the current seasonal flu vaccine does not protect against the new strain although the jabs may still offer some benefit, experts say.
    Read and understand your sources before posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That article states that the seasonal flu shot will not stop swine flu, not that the season flu shot is ineffective against seasonal flu nor that the swine flu vaccine is ineffective against H1N1.
    It also doesn't say it's effective. It does say that the process is outdated and slow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Took you 4 tries to get that image up, grats for taking the time. Was it difficult to upload?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "The most likely result is that a current vaccination would not stop you from being infected but might reduce the severity of the symptoms," he said.
    Right, the seasonal flu vaccine wouldn't stop you from being infected by H1N1, but it (the seasonal vaccine) might reduce the severity of the symptoms (of H1N1).

And he also says

Experts agree the process for making vaccines is clumsy and outdated, but new and more efficient technologies are still a few years away.
    Which means simply that method of creating vaccines is outdated, not that it doesn't produce a working vaccine or that it's entirely ineffective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is like beating up a fat kid with one arm...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlyFreeze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right, the seasonal flu vaccine wouldn't stop you from being infected by H1N1, but it (the seasonal vaccine) might reduce the severity of the symptoms (of H1N1).
    Fair enough, but wouldn't it be safe to assume that if they can't even stop a regular flu with 100% effectiveness (and they can't, I believe it's 20%), that their chances of stopping the swine flu are even slimmer?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is like beating up a fat kid with one arm...
    Except I'm not fat, and my roomy would gun you down and let our mechelse scheper lose on you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Took you 4 tries to get that image up, grats for taking the time. Was it difficult to upload?
    Nope, I only posted it once, and it's a link. However the server itself may have timed out. So that has nothing to do with me, try again.

Also: http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/flushot.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fair enough, but wouldn't it be safe to assume that if they can't even stop a regular flu with 100% effectiveness (and they can't, I believe it's 20%), that their chances of stopping the swine flu are even slimmer?
    No it wouldn't be safe to assume that. If vaccines never worked and everyone go the flu anyway, there wouldn't be vaccines. And there is nothing saying that they can't stop the seasonal flu with a good amount of accuracy. Same with swine flu.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr...wine-reality30

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doesn't make a case, since on the other side you have doctors saying this:

(he says it's underdeveloped and way too risky, it takes time, something the swine flu vaccine did not get)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The swine flu vaccine has had time. Over 30 years as I stated before. There was an outbreak during the 1970's in the U.S. That is a lot of time to research and test out a new vaccine. It has gotten plenty of time to be developed. Maybe even more than the seasonal flu shot which changes annually to accommodate new strains.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The swine flu vaccine has had time. Over 30 years as I stated before. There was an outbreak during the 1970's in the U.S. That is a lot of time to research and test out a new vaccine. It has gotten plenty of time to be developed. Maybe even more than the seasonal flu shot which changes annually to accommodate new strains.
    No,

Pharmaceutical companies are racing to develop a vaccine against swine flu ahead of a possible spread of the virus in the northern hemisphere autumn and winter.

Glaxo is testing its pandemic H1N1 swine flu vaccine in humans and expects to start giving the results to government agencies in September.

The world's second largest drugmaker said in August it has won orders for H1N1 swine flu vaccine from a further nine governments, taking the total number of doses ordered to 291 million. With more orders still to come, it could be in line for a flu vaccine windfall of more than $3 billion in the next six months or so, according to industry analysts.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LV132223.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.