Thanks

Pre-mascot challenge questions, please take a look.

So, we've come to the point of a mascot challenge. The winner of this round will have their piece of artwork to be shown for 1 year to all the visitors of the threads.

But before I commence this great fight between artworks, I need to have some special rules.

1) The first problem is size, what dementions will the piece HAVE to be? will it be a square artwork or just a cutout of the foreground?

2) We also need a banner on wich to place the rules + mascot, so we will need someone for that)

3) How long will this contest run? the normal 2 weeks, or will it be a month long extravaganza, to give everyone the time to complete a finished piece that is up to their standards (or even better)?

4) Any other things we need to know?

I will post the thread within the next week, will give a little notice at least a day in advance!

and in advance; thanks for awnsering.
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    1. dont really get what you mean....
    2. sticky thread perhaps?
    3. 2 weeks is TOOOTALLLYY enough!!!
    4. no
    thanks for your effort,dave

Thanks
    I think it should be an appropriate size for viewing, and so it will fit on the with the banner much like the chow one. I think it should be the standard 2 weeks, a month just seems to be too much.
    Post this in your signature if you believe people should not band wagon.

Thanks
    I know for the IDW mascot/banner week, although the object could be in a bg etc. for the voting, to be on the banner you also had to have it on a plain white bg so that the challenge leader could create a banner around it. This could be a requirement. Also, in terms of size of the final banner,IDW's is 990x345 pixels, while the Cow's is 770x520, and Chow's is 1023x518. All of them don't look like plain rectangles because they've had the area around the bits that stick out coloured the same as the bg of CA. In terms of who will make the final banner, I think the path of least contention, (my personal route of preference) would be to have yourself (Dave) create it or have another mod or challenge leader make it if you don't have the ability/time to do so. OR we could have the creation of the banner be a second challenge. Everyone can use the winner's image to make a banner and everyone can vote. Of course the rules that have to be on the banner would be made already. Two weeks seems like plenty to me.

On a different topic, would it be possible for the teen challenge to have a link on the main page of CA like the other weeklies?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    1. Size...let's keep it relative to that of the others
    2. I really like it not being plain rectangle, as well as the idea of the moderator or a mod making the final piece...however I'm intrigued and worried about the idea of a 2nd part contest for designing the banner itself.
    3. 2 weeks is all that is needed

Thanks
    1. matters what the actual topic for the thing is (and b4 sumone be's smart yeahs i think its gonna be something to do with teens), if its really open it 2) should be customised to fit watever 1 is eg, landscape- picture on top text below, portrait- picture on left text on right similar to other challenges, eg cow with its cow bannerness.

2) we should have assigned to part of the comp so we design the whole things ourselves, so you would need to place what texts we will need to right in the box/s we create for them.

3) i think a whole month, just as i am just beginning year 12 (in oz) and i am sure many of the other competitors have schoolwork or otherthings besides drawing to do after school. or work, or uni, or college or beach. maybe after the usual 2 weeks start the next topic, but leave the comp still running to allow contestants to do that little bit more, or to just give kids a chance to find out about it b4 its too late. after all we are catering for a group of ppl who need a social life ontop of school or work(and some with angry rents lol).

4) along with pixie's idea maybe see if the admins could some how draw attention for this one comp, teen challenge is hard to find if ur not directly looking for it and i am sure alot of budding artists will be browsing looking for something

and thanks dave for making all this possible with the running and all gets me wanting to draw more often.

but yeah i would like to stress on the length, i am sure most contestants here know they can finish within the 2 weeks, and i know i could, but just to add a more polished and perfected work to display to the masses, y not more time? plus that first 2 weeks could just be for feedback on what you have done and help u to improve on it, theres many designs/concepts back throughout teenchallenge that only needed that 1 or 2 more hours of work to be a fully fledged and developed piece worthy of anyones portfolio

thanks again, Dan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Demons_Nightmare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If there were to be a contest for the banner, I would think that Dave (you wonderful person ) would have to write up the rules that would have to be used in each case, and they would have to put in before the voting even commenced. Then the only thing under consideration on that from would be design.

I kinda like the idea of having a regular comp. start after 2 weeks into the mascot one, but still have it running.

Thanks
    'so you would need to place what texts we will need to right in the box/s we create for them.' - myself, yeah dave would be writing the info, but part of our design would include us placing the texts, because as much as this is a drawing comp, skillz in text placement and conversion come in handy if u ever get asked to do album covers etc, . so in our design u could just have ur stationary picture sittin in a black square by itself or incorporate the theme from the picture (eg roots if u have trees, or grass growing in the frames if u have grass in ur original picture) it just adds to the appeal in the finished product, and it may sound difficult (and it may just be lol) but it would look cooler than just a bland old black/grey box with romansnumeral print with a sweet picture lol, (hmmm tho my idea just ruined itself sort of, if the banner is only changed once a year and showcases the best artwork then it wont be a problem of the customized frame, but if it showcases the best artwork for comp after comp it would need to be more uniform in style, hmmmm, maybe 2 comps 1 for the frame, 1 for the image lol) baha,

aaaah procrastinating english work is fun , keen for this comp

Thanks
    haha...I think we were trying to say the same thing to each other. Gotta love the internet.

Thanks
    i think a mouth is the best because of school etc.

Thanks
    Topic will be up soon guys (hopefully tonight), its a very busy week for me, sorry.

Thanks

Thanks
    No... nobody's home... and remember, it was nobody who poked polythemous's eye out with a sharpened pole!

well, because I have yet to post in this topuic, I believe a week or two is sufficent, as usual...

Thanks
    Sorry for it being so long guys, Ive figured out all the rules i'd use. but i can't find a damn topic thats supersweet + fits the TC being (since we try to do stuff in all directions)

Thanks
    Well, if it's the mascot challenge, it might not necessarily need a theme beyond that. Come up with something awesome that you feel speaks to the challenge, then votes come in.

Ex: Perhaps I have a shining vision of a hippopotamus construct belching fire, which I feel really represents the teen challenge. Another of my compatriats feels instead that a ton of cheerleaders forming together a massive, cheerleading golem better represents the challenge. Both of these are fine, one will win.