Sketchbook: Cerulean's Sketchbook: Doodles, Studies and More
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cerulean's Sketchbook: Doodles, Studies and More

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cerulean's Sketchbook: Doodles, Studies and More

Hey all... I'm trying to be more active on this website, seeing as people here seem to help you improve more than the people on DA...

Anyway, the point of this thread is meant to be an 'official' commitment of mine. I want to become a better artist and the only one way there is to practice, practice, and practice some more. Art is really just a hobby to me but one day, I would love to be one of those artists does amazing art .

Art Background:

I originally started drawing because my dad was a pretty good artist, but he couldn't really teach it to me, so I mainly had to teach myself and learn from my friends' arts and what not. Later, I got into anime and manga art and that's when I became more serious in art since I had more motivation to draw my favorite characters. My anime and manga art is okay, nothing too fancy. However, I do want to move into realism, which is the purpose of this sketchbook her on CA. I need more practice and people who would take the time to point out my flaws so that I can keep drawing (I have bad habit of giving up on a piece and move onto a new one). However, since realism seems to be a lot harder than it seems, I decided to transition into semi-realism first.

I will try to limit anime and manga art seeing as they're not supposed to be my focus but I still do them, since it's one of my other goals to be better in that style.

The sketchbook will mainly contain my doodles, studies (esp. perspective, color and landscape) and maybe other misc. things.

Anyone is welcome to comment and give constructive critique. Thanks!

These sketches are either finished or unfinished, and if they're unfinished, I don't think I'll go back and finish them. They're a little old and I don't have /know he skills to continue.... Maybe one day, but not right now....

From the first sketch, I am working on perspective and as you can see... I stopped half way, wondering how this sketch will be important in the future....

The second and third sketch is me working on a distinctive manga style of my own. As you can see, I sketch on pretty much anything since I don't always have my sketchbook on me. It looks bit awkward though.

The fourth/middle one with the tree was me trying out a concept art and to see if it was possible for people to live in a tree (in a visual sense). Realistically, I guess not... . Maybe.

The last three sketches were all from observation and/or following tutorials.

Cerulean

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by C e r u l e a n; October 19th, 2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Pressed Sumbit accidentally.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now I don't do that but it looks like you work a lot with perspective. I like that, I need to do more of that.

Welcome to Concept Art, stay a while.

Sketchbooks:
    Virtual Sprite - New
    Cali to SC, The Joshua Hollis Story - Old

W.I.P. Threads:
    By Crom! - Done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are more projects that I am currently working on (I have a tendency to do that for some reason). The first two are cloud studies, the second being the finished piece (I was following a tutorial on DA). The third one is a study of color and their relations, tones and illustrating fabric in digital art. It's still in the making because the anatomy needs to be fixed. And finally, the fourth one is a study of landscape, seasons, color and dark lighting in one before I add people in there. I'm trying to avoid black as some artists have told me but it looks too bright and purple for a night look....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goodness, I haven't updated this sketchbook in forever. I have been doing studies, sketches and stuff, I just never really scanned them in. Anyway, I will be updating again (since I decided to join a Gaiaonline Art Study Group) and since I uploaded them up, I figure I could get this thread going again.

The images will contain nudity, in case that might offend anyone who stumbles on here.

Those from Week 1 were gesture exercises and studies. Those from Week 2 are figure studies, with the times listed. And for the last one, putting the gesture exercises and studies to good use, I created a character that's been in my head for awhile. It is steam punk. Creating her and her gestures was a really fun away to flesh out her character, design, and her story.

Last edited by C e r u l e a n; July 29th, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A character design of mine. Practicing gestures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concept art thumbnails that I hope to better next time around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been awhile since I posted anything. Here are some studies of wolves. I started drawing the wolf and then realize maybe I need to start from the bottom up first so I worked on the skeleton for a while. You can kind of seen my process here.

The full skeleton one is a bit out of proportion I think (it was hard to see it in my sketch book until I scanned it in), but otherwise, I thought it was pretty good for a first try.

I'm going to try the muscles next.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's some drastic improvement since your first post.
    I especially like the character of yours.

Keep it up. ^-^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, I will.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been very long since I've posted anything here (actually, I haven't been on ConceptArt in awhile), but I figured I can try posting and being semi-active again. I don't have anything much in the way of sketchs, but I guess I do have some studies.

These pictures are from CGMA's intro to perspective class I took last year, I think. I'll post some more art later, but these were from the first week.

Members who have read this thread: 2