painter won't undo
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: painter won't undo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

painter won't undo

Can anyone help me? I'm doing an oil painting in painter 8. I used the perspective grid on it and now I can only undo one line instead of a whole series of them. It's a big problem because I have to close the painting and bring it back to start all over again if I mess up on more than one line.
    I tried setting the defaults back to original, tried rebooting and tried saving in photoshop, then going back to painter, but nothing worked. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I think I've figured out what was wrong. My undo was set to 1 level for some reason. I put it back to 32 levels and it seems to be working. At least I hope it is. Thanks anyway.

Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Glad to hear you figured out what was wrong.

Just remember that each Undo uses memory. Too many can affect Painter's performance, slowing it down.

If you don't really need to have 32 Undo's, lower the number in Edit > Preferences > Undo.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jin. Actually I only get about 5 or 6 undos despite the fact it's set for 32. Don't know why. Lol, if I set it for less than 32, I only get one.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.