Art: Clay to buy

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Clay to buy

Thanks

Clay to buy

I'm looking to try 3d sculptures and going to order mats from the internet what kind of clay should I get? Theirs natural and modeling and carving wax I'm just not sure. Also any good online sites to order from would be appreciated. PS im in Canada thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm a big fan of WED clay, super sculpty and Chavant... WED being my favorite, it's messy and requires a good amount of space as it is water based and muddy.

Depends on the type of sculpture your doing, not strictly, but busts are good in WED, while super sculpty is greart for maquettes as is Chavant... and Chavant is best for hard surfaces like car designs etc.

-J

Thanks
    I'm a big fan of WED clay, super sculpty and Chavant... WED being my favorite, it's messy and requires a good amount of space as it is water based and muddy.

Depends on the type of sculpture your doing, not strictly, but busts are good in WED, while super sculpty is greart for maquettes as is Chavant... and Chavant is best for hard surfaces like car designs etc.

-J

Thanks
    I would start off using super sculpey. It has the advantage of being able to be baked easily and you wont have to go through the process of moulding and casting. It can be found at any michaels, but as with all their inventory, they will gouge you on the prices. They charge about $21-23 canadian but you can find it cheaper if you look elsewhere online

The smellybug tutorials at the top of this section of the forum are an invalube source and should explain most of what you need to know.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.