Issues with Uploading, period.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Issues with Uploading, period.

Edit:
    So I go to the Sketchbook Forum as suggested and use the Attachment manager to try and upload my drawing, and it continues to tell me that uploading failed. The File's a .JPG type, and I've tried uploading a couple times and the message persists. Does this mean that there's a problem with my computer, my account or is it just a very persistant bug?

/End Edit.

I've not been around for ages, and I have (finally) something I can say I'm proud of uploading here, but everytime I try to upload it into my newly made album, I get a message telling me; Upload of Image Failed.

Is it because the album's new, the file's too big or is it simply that the website's too busy and I should try again later? Or is it something completely different?

Last edited by Rag-Dolly; October 17th, 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: New Problem ontop of the original
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not really sure what you are referring to. Are you talking about the gallery feature or something else?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the Control Panel > Networking > Pictures and Albums, I created a new album and tried to upload an image and it says; Upload of File Failed. I've just re-tried it and the message is still the same.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, I didn't even know we had that feature. I've never used it. Most people upload their images to a sketchbook thread or create a gallery.

You can create a gallery by clicking on the "Gallery" link at the very top of the forum page (between "Edit" and "Events").

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by emily g View Post
    Hmm, I didn't even know we had that feature. I've never used it. Most people upload their images to a sketchbook thread or create a gallery.

You can create a gallery by clicking on the "Gallery" link at the very top of the forum page (between "Edit" and "Events").
    Yeah it's part of the social aspects of the forum. You can also create groups on the forums and add friends.

It happened once the Vbulletin went form the 3.6 to 3.8 upgrade.

Vbulletin will be coming out with Vbulletin 4 which has blogs and other stuff, but the upgrades kind of come with a heavy price. New pricing schemes and completely new skins that will mess up the style of heavily modded forums. The other concern is they'll stop doing security updates at a certain point

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, guess I'll have to try that instead then, thank you very much both of you. ^^

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rag-Dolly View Post
    Hmm, guess I'll have to try that instead then, thank you very much both of you. ^^
    By the way if you do upload pictures to the albums you need to make sure of the following.

1. It is in an accepted file format.
    2. It does not exceed the file size requirements
    3. It does not exceed the image dimension requirements

The CA gallery is really the better place. The social forums...seem to be good for members to have groups and do little doodles and sketches to share with their little social groups.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks again, I'll have to look into it and hope that I can adjust my work accordingly if needed.

Members who have read this thread: 1