Art: Zero Faith

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Zero Faith

Thanks

Zero Faith

This is the third cover from a series my friend and I have been working on for years. It was done in oil at about 25x18. Any crits are welcome. Thanx!!! Oh this is a bad digital pic of it, fogive me. I'll scan it soon.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I f**kin hate oil paints, but I love this pic.

Nothing obvious to crit here. Can I see the others in the series?

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    lighting and the way the clothing folds looks really realistic.

Seems like the head and neck both seem to be out of proportion with the rest of the figure, though?

Thanks
    Capprotti this is incredible! I love your painting style. Especially the clothing is very well executed...

eh... i feel kinda dumb asking... but was is it about? what does it mean? he looks desperate, like he's searching for something in all those newspapers, but can't find it. the spotlight is great. it feels like there are piles and piles of newspaper in the darkness and he's all alone... kinda creepy when i think about it. i love pictures that make me think... great work. keep it up!

oh, one crit... just noticed: it's looking like his jaw extends far behind his ear.. doesn't look allright to me...

Thanks
    i agree with the post above.. the black lines around his face and the upper part of his shirt really start to flatten him out. if you notice (his) right leg.. there is no outline and it fits in space a whole lot better. just something to look for next time around.. other than that pretty solid.

I think its Scratched.

Thanks
    Thanx a lot guys, I really appreciate your crits.

Janni - You're right on the money. This issue is about him being lost in the research he has to do to take down a powerful public figure. You hit it right on the nose. You're kinda right about the jaw. I have to clarify that.

Jens & Scratched Glass- When I first read your reply I got pretty defensive really quick, but then I actually looked at the picture You're absolutley right, there are some weird subtle things goin on there I have to fix. The out line was intentional at first but now I see your point. Fortunately they are problems that are easy to fix. Thanx for the good eyes!!! I'll post the other covers as well as the revision of this one soon. Keep an eye out.

Thanks
    i like it a lot .... i think black area must be more little to increase repetitivity of newspaper and the "lost" of the character in these ones...
    (i hope you can understand what i mean... my english is not very good)

Thanks

Update

I'm working on the fourth piece to my series. Unfortunately it's going way toooooo slow. I'm tryin to make sure everything is right for these characters to translate from 2D comic style to a more rendered painted style. They are terrible digital pics since the original is so large so bare with me. Wish me luck, and as always C&C Welcome. What the hell am I still doing here, I gotta finish this thing!!!!!

Oh, and behemot5, I do understand what you're sayin. It took a lil persistance but it paid off I see what you mean, I think I'm to lazy to change it, but hey... Ya never know.

Thanks
    that's a nice oil painting, these sketches are nice too. what exactly is the nature of this project?

Thanks
    Thanx for the good words heiesuke. As for the nature of the project... It's my Senior Thesis, based on a comic that a good friend and I have been working on for a couple years. As for the story, I'd love to share it with you, and I'd really like to use all the right words, but I'm beat and I'm gonna hit the sack for now. But I'll fill ya in soon. Keep an eye out. By the way, your work is tight. You have a nice Drew Posada photoshop thing goin on with your women. And your GD reeeally sweet. If you have any free time and you wanna mess around with somethin, I'd love to see what you could do as far as Cover Type for my painting. If you're interested the comic book title is Zero Faith. Have Fun!!!!

MC

Thanks
    Here's the first cover that I scanned a couple of weeks ago. I've done revisions since then, but the overall painting is the same. The problem I'm having is how to make the tube look like a tube. What can I do to really give it a convincing tube effect. Any paintover's would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Thanks
    Try some highlights on the glass at the front. Eg highlights that would actually be infront of the baby image. Probably easiest to play around with in photoshop then painting.

This would create more depth and roundness in the tube.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks

Paintover--

Thanks
    Thanx a lot for the advice guys. I'm working on the revisions in painter. If I had the time, I'd do them in oil, but hopefully I'll have the drive after the deadline (tomorrow) to add all the details to the actual painting. Thanx again guys.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.