C.O.W. # 157 -- Wouldn't Wish It On My Wost Enemy-- VOTING!! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite creature you Wouldn't Wish It On Your Worst Enemy!

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • lkjhgfdsa

2 1.92%
  • Bralt Hannicart

47 45.19%
  • jigatron

1 0.96%
  • psantha

3 2.88%
  • Rodimus25

2 1.92%
  • NightHerald

0 0%
  • Carnifex

0 0%
  • Lander

2 1.92%
  • siiilon

3 2.88%
  • FishyBoner

0 0%
  • dwinbotp

22 21.15%
  • sketchius

0 0%
  • DeathByChris

8 7.69%
  • Ragnj

0 0%
  • evolvingeye

1 0.96%
  • Vaghauk

4 3.85%
  • JoshDArtist

0 0%
  • stban

0 0%
  • Vampire Ninja

0 0%
  • Pochifux

0 0%
  • Lege1

0 0%
  • daveneale

3 2.88%
  • Steve Somers

2 1.92%
  • GoldenSerpent

1 0.96%
  • scorge

1 0.96%
  • Duman

0 0%
  • Tom K

1 0.96%
  • ImaGEEnation

1 0.96%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: C.O.W. # 157 -- Wouldn't Wish It On My Wost Enemy-- VOTING!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For me it was a toss-up between Bralt and Dwinbotp. Bralt's definitely takes the cake on sheer viciousness, but my worst enemy would at least survive that painful encounter. Dwinbotp's would be a worse fate.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuseboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to vote for Bralt Hannicart. Just had to.
    There were a lot of really great entries, and Dwinbotp came in an Oh so close second, but nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING looks more painful than Bralts creature. The concept is fantastic, as is the rendering.
    You know your piece is good when your viewers instinctively use their hands to shield their loins.
    Nice job.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Duman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Came down to dwinbotp and Bralt. Went with dwinbotp, being digested slowly is one of the worst things that could happen lol. The rendering was top notch as usual. There were many others that I loved this round, everyone did an awesome job.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to evolvingeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to do some side scrolling because I didn't see all of Death by Chris's entry. His CDC thing on the right is sweet - and I damn near missed it. Other favorites: Bralt's penis monster is very VERY well rendered - almost unnervingly so, what with the line texture on the tip and all -- but you know what? Some people love penis piercing. DwinbotP's monster is pretty fantastic and that is definitely a horrific way to die -- looking out that pink membrane as you dissolve -- ghastly. Vaghauk definitely stepped it up on this round, totally gross dude.

Lots of great work this round, it definitely pushed me to explore some new territory in my work and in the use of fish guts. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with suggestions.

Updates and new work:
    www.stevesomersart.blogspot.com

CA Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=175919

Available for freelance

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Somers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GoldenSerpent: It looks like you might have some skillz, it's just so hard to see when you make the creature that dark. Are your monitor settings out of whack perhaps. It looks like it must look much brighter to you than it does on other monitors. To me it's all very dark, dark, dark, making it difficult to distinguish any detail or anatomy.
    Sorry about that Michael Jaecks, It's probably both me and my monitor to blame, it looked brighter than the original when I first tried to upload it here so I darkened it a bit and re-uploaded it (apparently a bad mistake...), although on my monitor it didn't look that much darker to me. Thank you for letting me know, I'll make sure my next COW looks okay on a couple different monitors next time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSerpent View Post
    Sorry about that Michael Jaecks, It's probably both me and my monitor to blame, it looked brighter than the original when I first tried to upload it here so I darkened it a bit and re-uploaded it (apparently a bad mistake...), although on my monitor it didn't look that much darker to me. Thank you for letting me know, I'll make sure my next COW looks okay on a couple different monitors next time.
    That's a good idea. I used to have simillar problems and tried to check my work on several monitors as often as possible. Even popping down to the local internet cafe' and checking it out on one of theirs (after uploading it to the web) can be helpful. Looking at the difference between PC and Mac is also instructive...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was extremely pleased to have such a difficult time picking a favorite this week. It was a really tough call this time. In the end, I had to go with Bralt's for it's, shall we say, bare naked cruelty. But, it could have easily swung dwinbotp's way as well. Many others impressed me as well. Well done, folks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Jaecks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really really difficult voting..

so many great pieces and horrors , with Bralt's bug (yikes! perfect job but still ..aaa...) or Rodimus25 lizard who actually can feel the fear and anchony of the poor explorer on the scene, or what about DaveNeales "SplinterBug" which thanks to him i feel kinda pain now only from the image of bug and the descpription.

Anyways, my vote went on Steve Somers creature , cause.. well.. i find it really torturing to be a doll-toy on some psycho-creature hands "enjoying" a slow and painfull death , wishing to pass out as fast as possible so you wont feel anything more..

“The thing with quotes you find on Internet, is that you can never know if they are real or not - Abraham Lincoln”

My Sketchbook needs your critique which is more than precious to me

the KING of uploading..check this out..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biomecha_wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "When someone works in this sort of cartoony style, it always throws me for a loop. It looks intentional and there's a lot of work out there in the world that uses this sort of style that I like very, very much. I'm just not sure it's the most appropriate way of working for a weekly activity about creature design. Moreover, your entry is technically breaking the 'no character' rule because you've shown your creature smoking a mouthful of cigarettes. While that's funnny, its the sort of thing that pushes a creature into the character category. A penguin is a creature. A penguin wearing a top hat and carrying a cane is a character."

Wasnt intentional at all, Im just shit doing stuff in ps hehe. I usually just work in graphite and then put some colours in with ps after ive scanned it, dont know if its working in my favour tho.

point taken about the ciggs too, Im pretty new to CoW so Im still learning and pushing limits, bare with me!

Voted for siiiiiiiiiiiiilon, that creature freaked me out, will probably have nightmares tonight, thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NightHerald: It looks like you're pretty new to this and still getting comfortable with digital painting. I would spend a lot of time on CA in the Critique Center. Make yourself a sketchbook on here if you haven't already. Spend a lot of time building your skills, working from photo reference, drawing from life and seeking the feedback of your fellow artists. (All the usual pieces of advice you find here, but it always is worth it to repeat it.)
    That's pretty much true. Neither my skills or this particular entry is up to par with the general level of quality. I think I'll stay away from future COWs until I'm confident I can deliver a much better product. Thank you.

As for my vote, there are so many I'd readily vote for. Great work all around.
    But thanks to good rendering, and my fear of genital pains, I'll have to go with Bralt. That thing just freaks me out. Well done.

lkjhgfdsa & dwinbotp come very close. Slow digestion, nuclear devastation.. Frightening stuff, and well rendered.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NightHerald For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some sick and scary stuff this time around! You guys freak me out. Some favorites are lkjhgfdsa’s Iamos, dwinbotp’s blood camels, DeathByChris’ Rectal Parasite, and Steve Somers’ crested purple mangler. Really cool work everyone.
    I voted for Vaghauk’s Regurgitator. I liked the concept from it’s early stages and it just got grosser and grosser. Totally unique looking creature and great description.
    I’m hoping to find some time for this week’s moon creature.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Crustibian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that a piece's immediate impact is it's most important aspect. There are several creatures here which offer a far worse fate than Bralt's, but whichever way you slice it, his delivers the punch immediately, at first glance - there's no need for any verbal explanation, you just look at it and think "aagh, that would suck!".
    Dwinbotp's is gorgeously rendered, and a fearsome concept.
    I voted for Vaghauk because that would be the worst fate of all - the blood camels come close, but at least they keep you warm, and your bones intact, and you can breathe. The combination of crushed bones, suffocation, being slowly digested, and the fact that the creature itself looks like something worthy of pity, won me over.
    Ragnj- I really like yours, it makes me smile.
    NightHerald - why not continue to submit? It'd be fun to watch as you improve.

Seeking freelance and full time work

www.patrickmcwhorter.com

Sketchbook

Blog

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pochifux For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I go my vote for Bralt. Such a painful creature , Good work man

Dwinbot your work is alway awesome. I love that

OTTA'S SKETCHBOOK
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH,BUT IT'LL BE BETTER!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to OTTA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Bralt...Why?...it made me feel bad for my worst enemy!!!! So I think it works. Ciao

CA_Sketchbook
    Gray Zone Portfolio
    Paolo13 on FB

"As a concept artist, it is not the question that is important, it is the unexpected answer" William B Hand

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Paolo13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All these critter I would happily introduce to my worst enemy- after all annihilation is what I'm after and slow, brutal and excrutiatingly painful is definitely the direction for the worst of them...

The word ‘anarchy’ comes from the ancient Greek αναρχία in which αν meant ‘without’ and αρχία meant first a military ‘leader’ and then ‘ruler’. Anarchist society is one ‘without rulers’: a classless, non-hierarchical society.
    “You need people like me.
    You need people like me so you can point your grubby fingers and say, "That's the bad guy.""

SKETCHY Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of great entries, but Bralt, that's one nasty mf you got there.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to frixon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great round folks, some gruesome entries! Nice work.

ATA

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    although at first i thought it was obviously gonna be bralt for me,in the end vaghauk got my vote. because bralt's i would wish upon my worst enemy and probably even enjoy him suffer,because in the end,he'd still live. but the regurgitator...i probably couldn't watch one second of it...and by the description it probably takes alot longer than that. plus the awful look of puke in the picture is just right...i can almost smell it. ugh.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For me it's not just about how much pain my worst enemy would suffer...this thing should not only cause pain, but humiliation, and maybe even be emasculating.

I voted for Bralt for pretty much those reasons. His image causes an immediate gut, physical reaction...I mean, I crossed my legs and cringed just seeing the sketch! It's also very nicely rendered and stands out. Only wish he'd kept the red markings on the creature's back.

Daveneale was a close second, because I've had a sharp implement jammed under my nail once...and it just brought back the horror for me.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to luvazquez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NightHerald - why not continue to submit? It'd be fun to watch as you improve.
    I suppose I might do that, if I come up with something good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work everyone.

Having had kidney stones which required "going up there with things that don't belong" to remove, Bralts creature ain't so bad. However it is VERY well painted. Frankly my worst enemy needs a few of those on his parts.

My worst enemy needs something that is going to kill him, slowly and horribly. It is hard for me to imagine what would be so over-the-top I WOULDN'T wish it on him.

Lots of very imaginative ways to die slowly here. I suppose what I need is a creature that invades my enemy's very DNA leaving his body a crippled, useless husk of pain while his mind is still very much intact and aware screaming inside as he is left in an asylum with neglectful caregivers. I guess if this creature also made it so all his offspring down his genetic line were born as pale, multiclawed horrors which devoured their mothers from the inside and were quickly put to death with fire axes - that would be more than I would wish on my worst enemy.

ok ok...I am getting too into this one..hehe

Last edited by TomCardin; October 20th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TomCardin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cow 155

I didn't have time to finish mine. But here's where I was going with it...
    This little bug feeds on the keratin and other proteins found in fingernails, claws, hoofs, etc. He can rip them out with his tiny claws and munch away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ jrbarker: Nice, too bad you didn't make it. Good concept tho.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom: so I guess your encounter with pain left you with some fresh idéas
    Good thing you are feeling better.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    jrbarker - ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!
    (as someone who's had ingrown toenails about 4/5 times that needed operating,this is especially horrible to look at)

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bralt’s creature is pretty horrible, but I think it’d be just the right thing to inflict my worst enemy with, dwinbotp’s blood camels on the other hand…it’s such a horrific death I don't think I could wish that on someone. I especially like the shape of it's mouth and the little man screaming inside it's stomach. DeathByChris and Vaghauk are also some of my favorites.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Genital mutilation, monkies raping unicorns...a lot to choose from.

Well, I guess voting is closed but I would have gone with psantha's. The tea bagger just makes me laugh and the image is nicely crafted.

By the way, "graping" someone is equivalent to the "tea bag". Just so you know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the votes everyone. Ive been AFK for the past week or so, the poll didn't open until after I left town so I didn't get to vote but if I did vote it would have been for Vaghauk theres something about the vomit that makes it so sick.
    Thanks again

45. The Following User Says Thank You to DeathByChris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I'd drop by and give my thanks to all the voters. I voted for Dwinbotp because that's a really sucky way to go. lkjhgfdsa was a very close second for it's weirdness and original forms.

Great work allround though from everyone.

Visit my site at www.bralt.be

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This topic is being discussed here: http://io9.com/5391219/the-creatures...unter/gallery/

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluefooted For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.