Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: ◘♦◘ Art Of Choob ◘♦◘ Fantastic Five

Thanks
    Color and light is such an excellent book. A must for all artists at any level. I love your art montages.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benny phillips For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey man big updats and big progress in here, i see you are really busy thats good i cant wait to see how 2013 treats us, theres really nothing to critique you but to keep on working and maybe being a bit more conscioius of your linework, and the angles some of them are really wrong and if you just would look carefully and try to think about what line means what i think you would do so much better, either way its a matter of practice and loving more the work, cant wait for more work hard!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    benny phillips - I'm steadily working through it, and it's gold, so many things to learn from it. And thanks.

lionheartGFX - Thanks for the feedback, I'll always keep working, and I'll keep linework in mind to practice. Consider it added to my huge to-do list.

This week's environment stuff for the Fantastic Five. Was very pleased with the new angle one, enjoyed drawing the trees from imagination, something which seems to work really well with me, I like drawing them and they always seem to end up how I want them. Here's the final colour scheme and the two comps, first is the new viewpoint, the second was trying a different viewpoint for last week's thing.

◘♦◘ Art Of Choob ◘♦◘ Fantastic Five

Got torn apart on the stream though, seems we had different ideas about what Cris wanted me to do this week, he wanted me to just paintover the piece from last week, remove the guy and do other changes and improvements, and seemed pretty annoyed that I did some competely new angles. Still, he was very helpful with his feedback, and we seem on the same track now for the final piece. I'm going to send him WIP shots on Skype while working on it this week, try and avoid the same problems.

It's always somewhat soul crushing to have such a bad crit, but the important thing is that I got honest feedback on what he wanted, and that Cris accepted that we'd had some communication problems or something and we then started looking at the piece itself and how to improve it. The final for next week will be the new angle, but with way more stuff in it and much more, well, final.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    We've moved onto the creature assignment now, the final assignment for the class, I think next thing will be talking about how to do portfolios and talk to clients and things. So here's the brief Cris gave, my creature is "The Tall".

And my moodboard and first sketches for this, which were for the Tuesday stream.

I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    Hi mate

Just swung by for a "Look see!" and I have to say that there is nothing at all wrong with having Journey songs in your head pal, Steve Perry's voice is sublime...... when you are in the mood that is.

as for the headress for the viking dud it put me in mind of the herne the hunter legends....... the what? I hear you ask, well follow the ling and have a look see

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...w=1920&bih=941

I love the progress you are making mate some of this is getting seriously good, I say some of it because you are self critical as we all are but give yourself a momentary pat mate its getting good.

all the best and stay well cobber!!
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great progression, keep it up =]
    I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to V3T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Haven't posted this yet as I took a break from the internet for a bit, had to try normalise my sleep schedule, stop working all the time, and spend some time with my family. Was very nice to relax, well worth it, went on a huge walk with my family up in the hills too. So this was what I did for last Tuesday's stream:

Cris wanted me to do some more experimenting with the neck shapes and such, really think about the design, and also start thinking about the anatomy. So here's what I did for this week, loads of studying animal anatomy for this, mainly elephants, giraffes, horses and such.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think the short legs are killing it, if you look at horses, elephants, giraffes and some dinosaurs they have longer legs. Your sketches on post #316 on the bottom right are a great example of better proportion of the overall body. I hope that makes sense and it helps.

-My DeviantArt-

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M.Calza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    No longer updating here, not for a long time. See all my updates on my blog if you're interested in following my progress still.

http://www.artygoodness.com/

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25