Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    So apparently you can actually paint in Alchemy, so I decided to have a doodle.

And the doodle when I got bored of it:

◘♦◘ Art Of Choob ◘♦◘ Fantastic Five

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

I hate the businesses that make a living by making girls feel ugly, insecure, and not worthy. They make you go buy their products and get addicted, so that you feel you're not beautiful without make-up.

I saw so many girls today plastered with make-up, and you know what, they all looked MISERABLE.

You don't need make-up to be happy, or popular, or beautiful. You're beautiful without make-up. Happy Valentine's Day.

I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some video inspiration first, this has got to be the best game trailer I've seen for a long time.

Only trailers that are better off the top of my head are some of the Halo trailers, the live action ones for Reach and ODST.

Anyway. Moving swiftly on. The Teen Challenge this week is for a character design, theme is "Guardian".

So, first I tried to get ideas for what my guardian would be, just doodled for a bit.

Quite liked the idea of a robot, cyborg or whatever being the guardian. So took it into Alchemy, to try get a feel of the guy's personality, because I don't like the above concept much. The helmet/face is nice, but the whole concept feels kinda weak, and I want something intimidating.

Alchemy thumbnails:

Quite liked doing these, decided to go for the bigger, chunkier feel, almost like some of the Transformers from the new movie. Then decided to do a bigger few, aiming for this kind of feel, and this is the one that I like.

Used a variety of techniques to get this, and like the look and feel of the character. Needs a lot of refining, mainly the face I think, but some torso and weapon work would be good too.

Thinking of making it like a race of ancient guardians, charged with protecting Earth, mix between organism and machine maybe.

This could be a scan or something, from an archive showing the design. We'll see.

Thanks
    Sharpened up the character a bit, and focused some more on the anatomy/mechanics of it.

Not sure if we're allowed to post a line or two of text to explain the character/tell a story, like in EOW, will have to ask.

Thanks
    Finished in time for the deadline, first time I've entered Teen Challenge, fingers crossed I get some votes. Final with and without border. Apparently there's no rules against the text thing, so they said go for it.

Thanks

Thanks
    OK so I found some Deadpool pencils on Deviantart, which some guy had inked for him, and which I'm going to try my hand at colouring. Sneak peek, this is just real basic undertones.

So while I was working on the colouring on that Deadpool piece, I began to get annoyed at myself for being a pussy and only doing one stage, like I don't have the skillz or the determination to do the pencils or inking.

To silence this nasty little voice in my head, I'm doing a quick study of another Deadpool picture in my sketchbook, so far, the pencils are done, and I've starting inking.

Also done as an idea of style for my Left 4 Dead interactive guide thingy, my lecturer suggested I don't have to stick to the current L4D art style, and should experiment. Try out comic book style, Sin City, etc. Oh, and I got some really nice marker pens, all different shades of gray which I'm going to use on the above piece instead of colouring.

Thanks
    Dayum, just realised I've not put up a lot of my sketchbook work here yet, so you have no idea what I'm on about. My bad. Check out my blog, it's updated daily, with everything I do, so you miss nothing.

http://ideasrbulletproof.blogspot.com/

So, for one of my modules at Uni, I need to design and create a 3D environment. Didn't have any ideas, so a page of quick thumbs:

Quite like the idea of a Dead Space kind of environment, deserted spaceship/spacestation, with all the creepy feel of games like Penumbra and Amnesia. Bottom left thumb, here's a close up.

Think I'll do a new post for the other modules work.

Thanks
    OK, so for Dynamic Communication (abbreviation is Dynacom, how awesome is that?), we need to do some kind of interactive thing on Flash with different paths/branches. I'm doing an interactive Left 4 Dead guide to the characters, both infected and survivors. Left 4 Dead 1 BTW , the original. Had better characters in my opinion, with the exception of Coach.

So, the original idea:

Next, some more detailed ideas of the pages/panels/whatever.

And then some quick silhouettes or outlines of the characters.

And lastly, Boomers have got to be the most awesome things I've ever seen. They're just so cuuuute, and when they jump or climb, they're so awesome looking. Got bored in my Audio lecture today, and doodled this, the most awesome thing ever imagined. A boomer, with a monocle and top hat.

Thanks
    Deadpoooool. Loving my new gray pens.

A4, in one of my sketchbooks.

Thanks
    Yesterday's screencap, first ever attempt at digital painting.

And today's, with a brush I just made, nice square one which orients itself to stroke direction. Both around 90 minutes.

Thanks
    Herp derp, added some colour to the pirates one, only like 15 minutes. Also, quick inks I did in my present for my little brother, bought him a sketchbook since he finished his last one a week ago.

Thanks
    Sweeny Todd screencap, with help of coffee and jazz. About 90 minutes, completely underestimated how difficult the angle and lighting was.

Thanks
    Made a new picture for my blog instead of the default text. Picture is by Marc Taro, to inspire me to keep working towards becoming a better artist. This is a smaller version, but click it and you'll go to my blog to see the full one at top of page.

Thanks
    finally found an artist who started with signatures just like me on this site :3
    really like your drawings

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogui For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast