Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 394 Posts
    Been doing storyboarding today, for Time Based Narrative. That's the subject where I did the Pirates of the Caribbean video editing. For that, the tutor just wants me to do some more storyboards, do a treatment (short sentences describing storyboards/simple plan), and touch up the essay.

◘♦◘ Art Of Choob ◘♦◘ Fantastic Five

The 3D work is pretty much planned out now, I'm just reinstalling Maya since it's decided it's not installed properly, and then I can get to work on that too.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey!Great sketchbook!Really awesome improvements
    I think Post #256 has alot of potential for depthness...maybe add more darker values in the front?
    Good luck!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Izene - Thanks man.

Some gestures today, a couple of minutes on each one. Trying to get back into time limit stuff, since I'm far too slow on everything.

I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

Thanks
    Sketch for the CHOW this week, since the theme sounded pretty cool; "Spaceship Pinup".

Don't feel like going any further with this, but I'm getting into the habit of doing sketches for the challenges even if I'm not going to enter them, or don't have time to. Get the ideas flowing, you know.

Thanks
    Quick reminder, it's now an hour until Bjorn Hurri's getting interviewed by Dave and Dan. Click here to go to the stream. I'll be unable to come until about an hour in, but if you see me in the chat say hi, name there is Chooby.

Thanks
    There's a discussion going on in my OHG sketchbook regarding the mythology of Atlas. Apparently, Atlas doesn't hold up the world, but actually holds up the sky. But as someone pointed out, you don't see anyone painting a vast, muscular titan holding up clouds.

3D stuff coming tomorrow I think, today was getting most of the written work out of the way.

Thanks
    Pretty cool in here.

It's a joy to see your improvement through this sketchbook, I especially noticed it in the quality of your pencils! You've also got great design sense that lends itself really well to composition.

Your figures are kind of your weak point, though you've improved a lot in that area too! I see you've been studying the skeleton, that'll definitely help with the structure of your figures.

Keep it up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Clur - Thanks man. Yeah, I've not spent time on character and figure work until recently, have a lot of catching up to do.

It's my last chance to enter the Teen Challenge this week, as I turn 20 next Thursday. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to finish this, since I'm working on my 3D coursework this week too, which is way more important, but it's worth a go. Did some doodling, some thumbnails and head designs. Think I might go with the second thumbnail, I like the armoured head look.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks for stopping by my SB and good luck on the challenge.
    Nice! LOADS of studies and they're all really accurate and its affecting your art positively.
    This painting is lovely
    Happy early birthday dude! keep posting! (can't wait til i have 10 pages)

Also any advice on the TC? I can see you've already won one . What was your process? I'm stuck.. too many ideas. any general advice?
    ---
    PS - also lol just realised i replied to you on my own SB and on here... heh i'll link my reply on my sb, here.
    Last edited by Shahan; July 10th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shahan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sporus - Thanks man. As for advice on Teen Challenge, the time I won it, I saw the competition the day before the deadline and so just painted into the night for a few hours. No thumbs or plans or anything, just doodled out an environment. For IDW I planned a bit more, then did a sketch, and then did a polished sketch on a layer above it, and finally just added some colours and such. Just do whatever works for you, I'm struggling a bit on this challenge because I've never done dragons or serpents before, and that's the look I'm going for with my Wurm. Good luck.

Mindless thumbs done to Fetsch's Livestream. Love all the livestreams I join, there was a new one I found last week, had a swedish girl doing art. I'm not that into manga and such, but dude, that accent. See the Livestream list here.

Thanks
    Quick update on what I'm doing. This is why I've just been posting sketches and doodles this week, I've been working on coursework. Have all the written work for Time Based Narrative out the way, and have been trundling along in Maya. I've decided to make the archway a rugged, random, rocky shape instead of the simple square arch in my paintover plan. This is just to change things a bit, give me the opportunity to do it out of a different material and texture, as well as keeping the dwarven theme, since they carve their architecture out of the rock.

That's the modelling done I think, now for textures and lighting. Still not sure if I'll have time to finish the Teen Challenge Wurm piece, but I'm going to try finish off 3D tomorrow morning, and can then have some time for painting in the afternoon and Saturday.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Texture and lighting experiments today.

Thanks
    Here's the other 3 shots that are needed. That should be that done, aside from the short essay, just going to email these to my tutor and see if they're OK to submit.

I'll be so glad if that's this finished with, I still have a couple of weeks until the deadline but I want to get everything handed in the start of next week, so I can relax and enjoy my birthday. Also means I can get back to doing what I want to, namely studies, challenges, and personal work. Had so many ideas piling up the past couple of weeks, and no time to do them.

Thanks
    Spent today working on my essay, which means I'm now done. Just waiting for feedback from tutors, and can then go up and submit on Tuesday or Wednesday. Didn't do much art other than sketching from imagination today, but I found another video you kids might be interested in.

I've always wanted to watch Min Yum (aka Bumskee) work. This is the first of a 3 part video, and they have links to some of his brushes and his explanation of his process too. You can also find Min's CA sketchbook by clicking here, and website by clicking here. Doesn't work for me at the moment, but worth posting anyway.

Back to personal work tomorrow, think I'd like to do some environment work.

Thanks
    Study of a Paul Lasaine painting; Edoras from Lord of the Rings.

Did it in Painter using a smeary flat oil brush, which was a bit weird to use at first, but I stuck with it since that's what he recommends as his favourite brush. The trick is to play with the opacity and bleed a lot I find. Also, you should listen to this music while looking.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast