Humor Blog full of ripped off artwork!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Blog full of ripped off artwork!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Blog full of ripped off artwork!

A friend of mine found his logo had been stolen by some company in India and led me to this little gem of a blog:

You Thought We Wouldn't Notice

It busts major studios, design firms, musicians and apparel companies that rip off artwork from illustrators, graphic designers, composers and fine artists, respectively. Some of it is unabashedly flagrant and you can report if your own stuff gets stolen on here.

I know we all like to get out the pitchforks here every once in a while, so enjoy.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Steph Laberis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    AFKSDFJKLSDFJLKSGH PEOPLE WHO DO THIS ARE COMPLETE BASTARDS!
    As a Graphic Design student, if I ever found out someone stole my design like these.....

I would be beyond pissed, I would follow suit in a heartbeat
    Do these designers ripping off students have no shame?

Well I'm done venting
    But nice to see some of these examples I had no clue it was this bad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had this happen to me a few times with clothing designs and it's pretty difficult to follow up, especially if it's small businesses. I've just been lucky enough to have mates on the case who find these businesses and give me a heads up.

It's just when if it'll cost hundreds of pounds to sort out, especially if they're overseas, is it worth chasing if it's only worth half that amount.

My Site

Sketchbook - Crits and opinions needed and welcomed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. I was used to the people tracing on dA and going "BAAAWWWW! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF MAH SKILLZZ!!!" whenever someone called them out on it....but this is on a far larger scale, and involves money, and is just sad. What goes through a person's head that they think "Hey, look at this neat painting/design/logo/website etc, I think I'll make mine look just like it!" and think it's perfectly fine to do that?

That blog has the perfect name too--because apparently art thieves really DO think that no one will notice...

Critters! Dinosaurs! Lovecraftian horrors! ~~~~~> My creature sculpting thread!
    The Savage Goldfish Blog

"I started to see human beings as little lonesome, water-based pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand."
    -Devin Townsend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool site.
    My sista and her friends have been having a problem with their Graffitti Being used in advertising, the illegal stuff not the paid murals.
    Where is the line?
    The advertising companies can't be sued for using other peoples art and the owners of the buildings upon which the artwork is displayed -while not removing it because of the quality more often than not- have no rights over photography of the outside of their premises.
    Graffitti is cultural art, made with paints that will last thousands of years longer than digital replication and or printing onto magazines.
    Where is the metaphorical line?

The word ‘anarchy’ comes from the ancient Greek αναρχία in which αν meant ‘without’ and αρχία meant first a military ‘leader’ and then ‘ruler’. Anarchist society is one ‘without rulers’: a classless, non-hierarchical society.
    “You need people like me.
    You need people like me so you can point your grubby fingers and say, "That's the bad guy.""

SKETCHY Book

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool site. I feel sorry for the people that simply didn't know any better. But the people who do know better or think they're an artist and get paid to trick people into thinking so. I hope fire ants nest in their pee holes!
    You don't know what I wish upon the gianormous companies that steal work without batting an eye.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well this is an interesting and unexpected act of plagiarism that is not on that blog:

Britney Records & Debuts New Poem At "Circus" Show

Rumor has it Britney debuted a poem at her "Circus" show in Dallas, Texas Friday night that played before her "You Oughta Know" cover.

Please email me at breatheheavydotcom@gmail.com if you recorded the segment! Fans would love to hear it!

Rumor has it she says the following:

"I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away
    Mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing,
    Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
    Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
    The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
    We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication."
    Click below to listen:

Unusual her...

The poem Britney recited is actually a Tool song called "Schism". Details HERE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They also used a Nightwish song for the Circus show intro.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She's ripping off Tool AND Nightwish? Britney Spears just needs to go away to whatever purgatory awaits bad pop singers, and never bother the world again.....

Critters! Dinosaurs! Lovecraftian horrors! ~~~~~> My creature sculpting thread!
    The Savage Goldfish Blog

"I started to see human beings as little lonesome, water-based pink meat, life forms pushing air through themselves and making noises that the other little pieces of meat seemed to understand."
    -Devin Townsend

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.