Sketchbook: Looking for advice crits and maybe some friends?!?!! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice crits and maybe some friends?!?!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marian Rowling Thanx for the kind words Marian you know i am keeping an eye on you!
    Danny_K Hey mate how old is your daughter and whats her name? I got a little Oliver who is 1 years old on christmas eve! So its a pretty busy time for me but yeah we try to find the time to follow our dreams thanx for looking
    Enydimon Haha im still here you cant get rid of me that easy
    Jesus Food Thanx for visiting and for the kind words i am just on my way over to your SB

Ok this is a work in progress that is taking me far too long but i am enjoying it its from a Russian academical drawing from a student and i am afraid i cant credit the artist the original is absolutely beautiful so i thought i would wreck it in my own style. Having really bad trouble with the legs at the moment and as you can see by the time i got the top half sorted i managed to chop off his head!

Attached Images Attached Images  

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep fighting man! Your doing good

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK looking good so far! you should start getting used to have a good drawing habits, which means you should get your initial sketch down first rough line of the entire body, try to put two lines as your borders one upper line and one lower that way you wont go out of paper space and your figure will be within the two marked line area, now when you done with the rough line sketch of the entire body start rendering the entire drawing equally and what I mean by that is if you render the head don't stay there for too long and render it until it's done shade the big areas and move on to the rest of the body, and so on with every other part, this way your drawing will look unified and look the same in all the areas, this goes for painting with color as well.

My daughter is 14 Months today! yay shes rearranging the kitchen cabinets right now, does your boy do that too? I think they all do that LOL

Last edited by Danny_K; December 18th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Krel thanx man
    Danny_K I know i should be doing all that and i should start to get into the habit asap but with that particular pic i just could not get the bloody legs right and came close to just throwing it in the bin! I find that with the figure stuff though if i can get the face looking ok ish i can then in my head give the pic some more attention thats just my weird way of thinking i suppose! thanx for looking

Ok some real shoddy updates here feathery crappy line quality had to up the levels just to see it but i am trying to find a construction method that works for me (unsuccesfully so far) but anywho here they are just some kinda gestural stuff some from ref some not
    Expect more of this poop in the near future

Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all hope you all have a great day!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good one...!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Villpu(?) one looks best I think. (Last page down left corner.)

Keep it up dude!

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! Wanted to wish you a merry christmas as well, and my present for you is subscribing to your thread, haha
    Anyway... Those studies are looking good! Keep 'em up! Bla bla.. i should be doing some more for myself today..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man Marry christmas! now if you have a problem with legs or anything else in that matter fix it by going back to the books and studying it until there is no problem. that's the only way.
    keep posting your doing good.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Glenn.....'tis the season to be jolly I know what you mean about trying to find a construction method that suits you as I have been trying many myself. I think you do have to just keep trying until you find something that clicks for you. Well done for keeping your studies going and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, and little Oliver a Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice work, happy christmas to you too!

Your poses are looking nice - Proportions could do with some work, generally the torsos appear too long and the legs too short - I found drawing the Loomis mannikin 10x helps!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bharat thanx
    krel I have not studied any Vilpu yet maybe i should try him out thanx for coming back and looking
    Luckers Merry christmas to you too and i am humbled by your present to me i will keep going at it as long as i have arms
    Danny_K Thanx mate i really should be studying hard on legs and feet and arms and hands and faces and etc etc i need to learn it all Merry christmas to you too have a good one
    Marian Rowling Hey Hey Marian good to see you back in here as always thanx for the birthday wishes for Oliver and a merry christmas to you and yours too have a great day and dont drink too much! As for the construction method i have a feeling that when we crack that we are going to be a lot closer to the goal gotta keep studying til it clicks!
    AlexTooth Thanx for the visit and Merry christmas to you too. I think i may well get on the loomis and really study him rather than jumping around between all the different teachers actually gonna make it my new years resolution see ya soon!

ok got a coupla sketches here dont look at the line quality here i was just going for a more loose approach using the side of the pencil in a rather funny grip for me anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

(Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start. Just keep working on those figures like you're doing. Really try to get the proportions and anatomy correct. Even if you have to spend some more time on each drawing, I'd say to just take the time and try to get it right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sketchibo Thanx for the advice i definitely need to slow down and let this stuff sink in!

Dusted off the tablet for xmas and decide to give photoshop a run both really smudgy and not sure why the second one has those eyes but i enjoyed myself!

Last edited by latigid; December 28th, 2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: massive picture size

(Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey fellow Bucks resident!!
    Your work is showing some good progress.
    I'd also recommend Bridgman's books to help with your anatomical studies.
    Keep up the good work mate.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to work a little more on gesture. Only gesture, I mean no rendering, no coloring, etc. This way your work will improve enormously, and later you can master structure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah Loomis for the new year! Good idea, it will help your figure structuring for sure, and everything else

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try grasping the basics first such as, photoshop digital painting basics, then values and practice a lot, well as much as time allows anyway.
    here are some threads that will help you to get started:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=107217 learn paint digital in PS
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71673 little about composition
    http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/light.htm about light
    http://char.txa.cornell.edu/language...olor/color.htm color,value,hue
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53517 color theory

Last edited by Danny_K; December 30th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick upload and run im afraid bit strapped for time will give replies tomorrow thanx to those who have looked

Still on the photoshop this is a study from a Russian academic school again im afraid i cant credit the artist (sorry mr talented russian dude) i wasnt looking for ultra anatomical realism here just trying to get the proportions down and yeah i know its well smudgy but the main thing is i am really starting to enjoy myself!!!

(Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Glenn,

I'm glad to see you've been working hard and trying lots of different things. I think it's good that you've decided to just do some painting for fun. I think sometimes we get so focused on studies we forget why we wanted to draw in the first place.....because its fun and we enjoy it. I can see the form really well in your last photoshop one. Keep it up and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Glenn,

Just dropping in to see how you are and make sure you are still drawing. Would love to see/hear what you've been doing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Been off soul searching!

Marian Rowling Hey Marian its been a long time and thanx for checking back in here!

Ok i been away from here for too long my boy has decided that sleeping in the day is just not the done thing any more so the daytime drawing is out the window! I have also been deciding what i want to do with my art and where i want to go etc and after deliberating and looking about i have decided that the construction method is not what i want to do i am going to concetrate more on the realism as this is where i enjoy myself more. I am all booked up to start a ten week portrait drawing class which is still 8 weeks away but i cant wait and i have decided to concentrate only on master studies self portraits still lifes etc drawing from life really anyhoo im jabbering on as usual
    Heres what i been at not much to show for the amount of time i have had!
    1 Some bridgeman feet
    2 More feet because i hate them
    3 Even more feet
    4 Bridgeman legs
    5 Some doodles outta my head(crap)
    6 More head stuff
    7 Gerome study and this is where it hit me that it was this kinda stuff i wanted to do i love faces and portraits and the realisitic portrayal of them(need to work on that part though)
    8 Drawing of my nose

(Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Glenn it's great that you've found your art direction. I'm really pleased to hear you've found a portrait class as well. I shall be really interested to see what comes of that. I really like your feet studies and your master study is coming along great. I'm really excited to see what you do next.

iven is offline Animator/ Eco-artist/ Caricaturist Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff here, I really like you leg studies, you got some
    good mentors here as well, and you study the great masters
    right ?!

Very Inspiering,....

Be the force with you !

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great studies my friend

Art and kindness are my weapons of choice.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An advice: First pay attention only to draw (pay attention to whatever you want, but drawing is the thing that will make you advance). Make excercizes for your self.
    I divided may studies in:
    -full figure (fast made without details, face, or hands)
    -Heads
    -Hands
    Look how many positions there are, and practice them all equally. front, side, 3/4. Also from above, behind, 3/4 (there are two 3/4 in the vertical aspect, for there is no simmetry).
    If you practice the full figure, focus in the proportions first. You can practice the parts individualy and then putting them together will be easy.
    The basis of the figure, is proportion in perspective, to learn both things and how to use them together, the only way is doing lots and lots of drawings. I'm talking about drawing hands for a year without drawing anything else
    Of course, you will not do that at the beggining: nobody does. You'll prefer to draw fun stuff that you can make well, rather than boring and difficult that never looks good. I'm not trying to take you that off, but just know, that if you ever want to advance, you'll have to follow this only path. Every good artist has became good by walking it some way or the other.
    Whenever you're ready, if you ever be, stay calm through the process, because it takes a long time, and it may be frustraiting at times. But after you pass the first part and you get to the middle, it's rewarding to see that you can draw a good figure in five seconds in every position from every angle, and all this stuff just lets you free your mind (and maybe get a job).

Last edited by lennon; January 25th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to see you back Mr Latigid of the Shire. Love the portrait of the guy in the turban in post #81. Looking forward to seeing more portrait work. Keep pushing yourself Glenn!!

Enydimon is online now Drunken Bridgman lead me to victory! Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep going, man. You're really starting to shine through.

Keep up the studies and keep finding new ways to challenge yourself!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Latigid!
    Cool new updates, didnt know I missed so much
    I'm glad you've retought what you want to do with your art, maybe this will get your spirit into drawing more. wich is a good thing
    I cant wait to see your portraits in two months
    take care!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've made some nice improvement already, keep up the hard work.

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice brigman studies and those sketches from imagination are really funny :Teeth: the last two posts are looking good, especially the pportrait keep up the good work

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.