Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice crits and maybe some friends?!?!!

Thanks

Looking for advice crits and maybe some friends?!?!!

Ok new here so sorry for the double post. A bit about me well i am older than most i see on here and a lot less talented there really are some amazing artists here!! I used to draw a lot years back but life just kinda took over and i stopped (silly me) i got made redundant from my crappy job last september and i now stay at home and care for my 8 month old son Oliver!! I found that when i had some time i started to draw again so here i am!! I would like to make some friends on here who can guide me to becoming ALOT better than i am so thanx for listening and here goes again
    Last edited by latigid; October 10th, 2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: changed for a better thumb!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

a bit more for today!!

Ok wanted to try some colour stuff today so first is pencil line drawing of Bougeureau's-Letoile perdue which i scanned in and coloured in photoshop to attempt some skin blending.

Anybody help me with the quality of my scans i know they are crap but they look even pantier on the thread?

Thanks
    Been working on this one in photoshop a WIP of Rubens two satyrs minus one of the satyrs so probs should call it a satyr??

Thanks
    My little boy has been ill for two weeks now so not had too much time for art jollity but he is on the mend now after loads of cuddles!! Got some pencil sketches which i will scan when i have the time.

First two are simple digis done with photoshop referenced from photos a polar bear at dawn and a lion at dawn and the last one was a head study from imagination tryin to work with a bit of colour thanx for looking
    Last edited by latigid; October 22nd, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Your colors are coming along quite well i think, i definately need to start working on that as well.

Really love the polar bear, says so much with so few lines.

Thanks
    keep pushing it bro!
    careful of your colours and linework. if you want to improve your lines, do some blind contour drawings (they will look ugly but warm you up really nice). also look into warming up with http://www.posemaniacs.com with the 30-second drawing thing (or longer).

pump out more work and you will see yourself improve.draw every day if you can...make it your drug

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chazillah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi latigid I'm an older student and I'm just starting out with drawing so I can't help you progress your skills. I can offer encouragement though and say how great it is that you are being so positive after being made redundant. I really like your paintings and it looks like you've still got your skills. You've come to the right place for help and friends as the other artists here are fantastic. I hope you keep posting as I'm already excited to watch your development.

Just noticed your in Bucks my Sister lives there......small world!

Thanks
    nice work!

Thanks
    hey man,
    well, all i can say is keep drawing. do lots of studies of things, and remember only draw what you actually see, if there isnt a line, dont draw it kind of thing. it helps so much, i have done it, and stopped unfortunately should get it started back up actually, did a lot recently in school though

Thanks
    chamo : Thanx for the comment and for being the first too

chazillah: Gonna try out the blind contour stuff and ill definitely be getting on some posemaniacs soon too!

Marian Rowling : Hey Marian thanx for the encouraging words means alot i think we can both watch each other grow in here and i will keep posting so long as you do too!!

sandeepbarot: Thanx

Grunden : Thanx for the advice i will be drawing as much as i can

Ok i have decided after going through Mindcandymans thread to post everything i do be it good or bad (in my eyes that is) so i can actually see any progress being made and also so you guys can hopefully crit what i am doing wrong so here goes

First 3 are just some doodling and the rest are Bridgeman studies from "Bridgemans Life Drawing" last one is from memory
    Also going to start doing some self portraits hopefully tonight!!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
    (Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    As i said i have delved into the world of the self portrait going to try and do one of these a day hopefully pretty basic line drawing which doesnt look too much like me but hey gotta start somewhere second one is a drawing of my boy Oliver taken from a photo got quite upset with this one because i screwed up the eyes amongst other things and i really wanted to get it right

(Albert Einstein)

Thanks
    Pretty impressive! Hope I get as experienced as you at painting! Practice practice practice!

Thanks
    Keep practising.

Remember to really observe your references when you draw. Figure out what the lengths are and really try to apply that to it. You're doing good.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast